Moultrie Mobile
Moose
New Hampshire
Contributors to this thread:
JRP41581 02-Aug-22
Bowhunt3138 08-Aug-22
blue spot 03-Oct-22
02-Aug-22
I need a little direction. I was lucky to draw a NH moose tag for Zone L (Concord to the west and Dover to the east). I got all the maps I need for the area, but does anyone have any recommendations on areas to focus? I know there aren't many moose here, but hey, I got a tag so need to make the best of it. I understand the southern part of Bear Brook State Park is pretty good. My guess is that there may be better places, but again, don't really know where to begin. I looked for an outfitter, but none are registered here. I also know scouting will be key but was hoping to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks.

08-Aug-22
Congratulations !! No idea on zone L . If you were in K or I2 I could give you a couple of ideas. Good luck !! Let us know how you make out.

03-Oct-22
there are moose to be had but not in the classic up country clear cuts kind of places I would sugest talking with some local loggers who may have made some heavy cuts

Fort Mountain land & timber works alot in that area. They are big time hunters and might point you in the right direction

there are some heavy cuts in bear brook state park, hence the recommendation to look there

but at that end of the state you are looking for just single and small groups of animals in habitat that is just marginal

remember they are just big deer and eat browse, so loom for areas with better than average browse

Erik

• Sitka Gear