West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
wv_bowhunter 12-Aug-22
Babysaph 13-Aug-22
Koog 15-Aug-22
wv_bowhunter 15-Aug-22
Babysaph 15-Aug-22
12-Aug-22
Anyone else starting to feel the itch for this coming season? This late August timeframe always starts to get me excited.

What is everyone’s goals for this year? I am looking forward to spending a lot of quality time in the woods squirrel and deer hunting with my kids. As they start on this hunting journey, it has been refreshing to step back and see things through their eyes. It has reminded me to not take things so seriously and have fun enjoying God’s great outdoors.

For those of your traveling west for some of the earlier seasons, be safe and remember to keep it fun!

13-Aug-22
I can’t wait either. Like you I start to get antsy this time of year. I am looking forward to hunting and learning my new land. Also want to take a spike with my bow. Will be my 31 st in a row

15-Aug-22

Koog's embedded Photo
Plot 1
Koog's embedded Photo
Plot 1
Koog's embedded Photo
Plot 2
Koog's embedded Photo
Plot 2
Have all my plots in now. Planted 3 of them 2 weeks ago during that long mainstay of rain we received and it took me tons of pain to get the fertilizer on it before it sprouted. Planted 3 more last week end and I'm looking forward to seeing their progress this coming weekend. I did them all up in a fall/winter mix of wheat, turnips, rape and daikons which is a new ingredient to the mix. Last year I kept the deer on it and had the best luck of any plot I planted to date.

I've always gotten the itch when the shadows turn dark and long. I seem to get the best cam pics during the month of August and again late October thru mid November. I got the cams loaded with new batteries and put out, hopefully I should have some pics to share as the weather starts turning drier and cooler.

15-Aug-22
Look like nice plots Koog. Can’t wait to see some trail cam pics!

15-Aug-22
Nice plots Koog

• Sitka Gear