Field Points ... now Broad Heads.
Montana
Contributors to this thread:
JMG 16-Aug-22
6pointbull 23-Aug-22
Castle Oak 25-Aug-22
JMG 26-Aug-22
16-Aug-22
What process or steps do you take to ensure your broad heads hit where your pins are sighted in on your target?

For example, do you have an arrow spinner, inspect for a visible wobble, with and without a broad head on the arrow, do you re-sight your bow to match the specific pin on your sight, do you shoot your broad heads, etc. What works best for you?

23-Aug-22
I try to have my shop tune so both are the same, but frankly if they are not exactly the same I just tune to the broadhead. that is the most important for hunting, and I just shoot broadheads for the lead up to season anyways.

25-Aug-22
It's a long process if you're OCD. I true every arrow in a spinner to insure both ends are square. I shoot every bare arrow through paper and rotate nock as necessary to achieve a bullet hole using the exact same weight field point as my broadhead. Mark each nock and refletch making sure to keep the nock in position. Install broadheads and spin them to make sure they are true. If any wobble they hit the garbage can. I should have said this earlier but make sure your bow is well tuned before doing the arrows. I recheck the bow tune by making sure a bare shaft and a fletched shaft with field point hit the same POI. Adjust rest as necessary but be sure to not move the rest out of spec. When they're hitting together, I install broadheads and shoot a bare shaft, field point and broadhead. Adjust rest if needed. When I say adjust, it usually on takes moving the rest less than 1/64". When they're hitting together, a fine tune my sight starting at 10 yards and work my way back to 60 yards. Make sure to shoot each arrow you intend to have in the quiver.

26-Aug-22
Castle Oak ... OCD ... that's dedication. Thanks.

• Sitka Gear