VARon 14-Sep-22
VARon 14-Sep-22
hoyt-6190 14-Sep-22
hoyt-6190 14-Sep-22
JMG 15-Sep-22
Stick_it 02-Oct-22
Stick_it 02-Oct-22
25-Aug-22
I miss the Big Dan updates on the Breaks. I am wondering how the weather has been this summer in the Breaks. I know it was pretty dry to start out the year, but did it end up getting some rain? Has it been a relatively normal year as far as precipitation? One year we hunted out there, the sweet clover was so thick because of too much precipitation.

Also, how are the lake levels? Thanks

30-Aug-22
there has been a few rains that passed thru the breaks the south side received more than the north side, over all the northside is still in a severe drought

30-Aug-22
Keep it going! Headed north of the river mid to late september.

11-Sep-22
Looking for contact information for someone who offers meat pack out services in Unit 410. My son and I will be archery hunting in the area north east of Winnett Sept 21 - Oct 1. DIY. Any contact info would be appreciated . Thanks. Ron

12-Sep-22
I do not know of anyone who offers meat pack out services in HD 410. Just plan on backpacking the quarters out on your back to a near-by truck. Then get the meat to a local processer (I believe there is one in Roy, MT). It will be hard work, but manageable.

12-Sep-22
If there’s not a processor in Roy. There is one in Hilger.

12-Sep-22
Thanks guys. If I can’t find a packer we’ll just have to plan on packing out on our backs. We’ve done it in the past. But I’m 73 yrs old now and just had kidney stone surgery on Friday so I was looking for an alternative. My son is young and strong . He can pack for sure. Just makes me feel a bit bad not to carry my weight. Anyway we have to get one on the ground first. No easy task I’m sure. Lol

13-Sep-22
What's the nearest meat processor north of the river? Will be in 621. Malta? Lewistown?

13-Sep-22
Malta...try Sniders

13-Sep-22
Thanks!

14-Sep-22
Where is nearest wild game processors to unit 410?

14-Sep-22
Hilger, MT. It's located just west of Bohemian Corner (flashing yellow light). There is a small store w/ gas pumps, a closed gas station building, and a taxidermist across the street/highway.

14-Sep-22
Thank you, JMG.

14-Sep-22
So how big of a problem are rattlesnakes in 410 this time of year? I’m not gunna lie. I hate knowing snakes can be around. Normally hunt in higher elevations and lower temperatures . But I’m a little conflicted this year. Praying for cooler weather. At what temperature will rattlesnakes den up and not be very active.

14-Sep-22
So how big of a problem are rattlesnakes in 410 this time of year? I’m not gunna lie. I hate knowing snakes can be around. Normally hunt in higher elevations and lower temperatures . But I’m a little conflicted this year. Praying for cooler weather. At what temperature will rattlesnakes den up and not be very active.

14-Sep-22
They are normally the least of my worries. If ya find one you’ll know. Just give them space.

14-Sep-22

15-Sep-22
Rattlesnakes exist in the Breaks area, so not saying you won't encounter any this time of year. They, obviously, will be more active in the heat of the day. If anything, you will see one laying on the road (sunning itself) that has been run over. As hoyt-6190 stated ... "least of my worries".

02-Oct-22

Stick_it's embedded Photo
 Stick_it's embedded Photo
I have been hunting the breaks ( when we can pull a tag) since 2003. The first two trips snakes never crossed our mind since we never saw one. We have had encounters every trip since. One year we had 13 rattlesnake encounters between 4 guys that trip. This year we only had one but it was right in our camp.

02-Oct-22
I have been hunting the breaks ( when we can pull a tag) since 2003. The first two trips snakes never crossed our mind since we never saw one. We have had encounters every trip since. One year we had 13 rattlesnake encounters between 4 guys that trip. This year we only had one but it was right in our camp.

• Sitka Gear