Glunt@work 14-Sep-22
sticksender 14-Sep-22
Orion 14-Sep-22
Ucsdryder 14-Sep-22
KHunter 14-Sep-22
MsyOakStew 14-Sep-22
pronghorn21 14-Sep-22
31-Aug-22
Seems to me every week tags are gone in under 1 second on the reissue. Is there somebody out there with a bot that just buys up all the tags with all these people's log ins?

31-Aug-22
yes

31-Aug-22
How do I get in on the bot?

31-Aug-22
How do I get in on the bot?

31-Aug-22
money

31-Aug-22
Of course on the money part

31-Aug-22

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

01-Sep-22
What would everyone think if leftover tags was only available for residents. Meaning non residents would be able to apply for the primary draw, and secondary draw, than leftover tags just be available for residents only.

01-Sep-22
Just want to make sure what you're asking. The Leftover list currently contains over 24,000 leftover licenses across more than 300 different hunt codes. These are available for anyone to buy regardless of residency. It is likely that a majority of these will never sell. So you propose to restrict these to resident purchase only?

01-Sep-22
Maybe not leftovers but they could make reissue tags a resident only thing, but doubtful CPW would want to give up that much cash

01-Sep-22
There is definitely something totally screwed up with this reissue mess…

01-Sep-22
I got lucky yesterday. I put in the code & just kept trying to buy it again every time it said the tag was not available. Finally it took. The tags (5) never showed on the leftover list. My buddy kept refreshing the leftover list to see it come up before trying to buy & missed out. The "release as close to 11 am as possible" can make it tricky I guess.

03-Sep-22
The list has Been really weird this year. Almost like they don’t exist . I’ve tried at 11 and tried for about every 5 minutes until 1. And no luck

05-Sep-22
Not sure how you can say they are gone within 1 sec of reissue. When does it start? I have heard people snagging tags couple mins before 11 to 15 min after. There is no def “start” time.

07-Sep-22
another tough go at it. One buddy scored the 35 3rd deer tag, zip here.

07-Sep-22
Not sure but the system seems to lag quite a bit this year.

07-Sep-22
The bot wins again

07-Sep-22
A lot folks have stuff they need to be doing at 11:00 am that requires their full physical and mental attention.

I was all set one day and tried several times right at the start time. No luck. A friend calls me later and let's me know his buddy got the tag after 11:00 several minutes after I quit trying.

"As close to 11:00 as the system allows". Does that mean the computer/software system or does it include some kid named Jude at a third party vendor hitting "enter" after he cleans up the soy latte he spilled on his laptop while laughing at a trending Tic Tok?

07-Sep-22
I personally very much dislike the new reissue system. The quota for the weekly new added hunt codes, that are of any value, is usually one or two, maybe three… and because they give everyone a 24hr preview you basically have a mini leftover day every Wednesday… a thousand people trying to snag one or two tags all in the same 5-10-15-30 minute time frame, it’s ruined the odds for everyone. I’ve gotten lucky a few times under the old system by just doing my due diligence and checking the list whenever I had a chance. I’ve had zero luck trying every Wednesday August thru October last year, and so far since aug 11th this year.. I would much prefer they go back to reissues getting added at random Tuesday thru Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm like it used to be. I know that according to CPW part of the reason for the change was to ensure they could resell as many reissue tags as possible, but in my past experiences under the old system it was extremely rare that any reissue tags of any value went unsold. It would be nice if we could get the commission to revisit this issue, a solid 8/10 people I cross paths and have this conversation with dislike the new system equally as much, so I think there would be enough support to revisit it.

07-Sep-22
I think they leave it vague on purpose. I mean 10:50-11:15 is close to 11 right?

07-Sep-22
A simple CORA request to the CPW asking specifically what time past leftover lists were released would be some valuable information

07-Sep-22

cnelk's Link
Here’s the link to the CORA -

07-Sep-22
Mostly people aren't happy because they didn't get a tag they wanted. With high demand/low supply tags that's unavoidable. What is avoidable is people thinking they didn't have a fair chance at the tag. Regardless of whether they did or not, the current system obviously creates unnecessary dissatisfaction. That's a big deal in a private business. Important to set correct expectations over the things you can control. Not a big priority in a bureaucracy.

08-Sep-22
what companies/people have the reissue bot? I would absolutely pay for this...

08-Sep-22
There's little to nothing that a "bot" can do for you now. Automated form-completing apps previously were used to randomly apply for targeted tags every few seconds, until perchance the target tag was actually loaded onto the leftover list at random times, thus snagging said tag before anyone else could react manually. This benefit was made obsolete by the preview style system. Even if you were just trying to use a form-completing app to buy tags faster at 11:00 on Wednesdays, the reCAPTCHA pretty much stops that in it's tracks. The system, by design, lets everyone who's doing it manually keep trying repeatedly, just as fast as they can click and re-click the "CONFIRM CHOICES" button. And when there's any decent tag available, you can be sure there are dozens of people doing just that, meaning your chances are slim, but not because of "bots".

08-Sep-22
I think the real question that many have is actually WHEN the list is released and available to purchase. Is it 10:59:30? Or 10:59:45? The CPW admittedly is vague about the WHEN.

A CORA request can get the info. Believe me, Govt agencies do not like getting CORA requests

08-Sep-22
If you don't think a script can be written to handle capchta you don't really know anything about programming. Bots are absolutely useful and are 1000s times faster than a human. The preview list actually helped the bot programs because now they know exactly what hunt codes to have entered and begin trying to purchase. The systems that run these are also insanely faster then your average Joe's laptop or office computer.

08-Sep-22
You guys are right. Bots are getting all of the tags. Please stop wasting your time and slowing down the system so my bot can buy all of the tags on the list every week. Nobody is that fast, not possible. Don't even try.

We should probably just go back to throwing them in the dumpster so nobody gets to use them.

08-Sep-22
Nope I'll keep cranking my clients are happy

14-Sep-22
When it got close to time, it was making me do like 4 0r 5 puzzles instead of one, WTH, last week

14-Sep-22
Bunch of muzzleloader tags if anyone is looking for a last minute weekend plan. Seems like they would have been on there earlier or a lot of extreme medical issues in the last 30 days.

14-Sep-22
Amazing that there was a 201 muzz elk on there. Of course the guy who got it will only have 4 days to hunt, but still.....!

14-Sep-22
For no points I'd take those 4 days same with the 61 and 76 muzzleloader tags

14-Sep-22
I hate you reissue list!!!!!!

14-Sep-22
I have 4 days to get R done. Wish me luck!

Kidding

14-Sep-22
Finally got in on a deer tag that usually takes 1-2 points. Last minute. Heading up this weekend with elk and bear tags already.

14-Sep-22
10:58 with roughly 30 seconds is when they sent them live today it seemed.

• Sitka Gear