Grey Ghost 08-Sep-22
samman 08-Sep-22
Grey Ghost 08-Sep-22
samman 09-Sep-22
JohnMC 09-Sep-22
Glunt@work 09-Sep-22
JohnMC 09-Sep-22
08-Sep-22
On my license, on the right hand side, there's a large 'H'. What is that for? Does that mean you have purchased a habitat stamp? If so do you need to carry your habitat stamp paperwork? Don't you have to have a habitat stamp to even get a hunting license? Just trying to cut down on all the little pieces of paper in my wallet.

08-Sep-22

Grey Ghost's Link
Yes, the "H" indicates you have purchased a habitat stamp, and no additional habitat stamp paperwork is required. See link.

Also, if you plan to do any small game hunting, like grouse for example, be sure to get your HIP number.

https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/HIP.aspx

Matt

08-Sep-22
If you download the CPW app, it shows your privleges (licenses) there without having to carry them with you, ie Small Game/Fishing, Habitat Stamp, etc. The exception is the licenses with tags on them for big game which you still need to have on you. I do see my SG/F license, but it doesn't list my HIP number or Sandhill Crane number. I wonder if they scan the barcode it would indicate I had it.

08-Sep-22
Samman, I was wondering about how they verify my HIP number too. So I wrote the number on my small game license just to be safe.

Matt

09-Sep-22
I wrote it on my license as well just to have it.

09-Sep-22
I download the CPW app now I wonder if they are tracking me via the app while I am hunting.

09-Sep-22
Not sure if the CPW is but plenty of others are all the time and they concern me more than the CPW.

09-Sep-22
I hear you Don. Especially my wife! That damn find my phone app!

• Sitka Gear