saltydog 12-Sep-22
horsethief51 13-Sep-22
jbird 13-Sep-22
Dale Hajas 14-Sep-22
Dougell 26-Sep-22
Bowhunting 5C 27-Sep-22
BC173 27-Sep-22
09-Sep-22
Has anyone had luck using ozone generators? I have always been a scent control fanatic as far as keeping clothes, equipment, and my body as scent free as possible. In the last few years, I am unable to physically hunt the way I would prefer too because of health issues and the limitations they have created for me. I cannot give up hunting, you understand, so I weigh all options that may give me a chance to still be successful. I do not know anyone who uses an ozone generator for hunting and am unsure if they are just a gimmick or if they actually work. Hoping to get some input from my PA blood brothers on the topic.

10-Sep-22
In my opinion, they are unethical.

11-Sep-22
I have heard from guys who swear by them (regardless of what Bob thinks.) LOL. There are other alternative devices to solve the same issue that can be found on your google device. Some are a lot less expensive. My opinion of Bob's statement is that it could be a whole other thread.

11-Sep-22
I do not use an ozone generator in the field but I do have one of the ozone chambers that I keep my hunting clothes in. I try to wash my outer hunting clothes after every second or third hunt, but in between, I treat them in the chamber. I do believe that since doing this, it has helped. You will never escape the deers ability to scent you if they are downwind, but I do believe that you can reduce what they are smelling. Its threat assessment. If the deer gets a small whiff, the may hang around or continue on their way thinking the danger is farther away. If they get a strong whiff it is game over.

11-Sep-22
Thanks for your replies, guys. I can't say I totally disagree with Bob and the ethics could definitely be debated over and over.

12-Sep-22
Once upon a time, not long ago (in our lifetime), bowhunters used bows, wind direction, woodsmanship skills and patience to kill a deer. Today, I don't recognize what most think is bowhunting.

12-Sep-22
They also didn't sit in pop up blinds.

12-Sep-22
Or use Binford 2500 crossbows.

13-Sep-22
Ya'll got that ch*t right. LOL.

13-Sep-22
If you wake up tomorrow and have lost the ability to use one of your arms or your ability to walk, climb trees, still hunt, draw your bow, or otherwise hunt the way you have known for 35 years, do you just give up hunting altogether or try to adapt to any legal means that will keep you in the woods? It's not about killing something. For me it is about being able to be in the woods on the hunt, even if it means doing things differently from my past ideals.

14-Sep-22
If I can lug around, c@ck a crossbow, hold it steady, I can draw a 35# longbow and kill deer like the 8yr old Pa boy did 2 years ago, and took his 2nd last year. No participation trophy there.....

26-Sep-22
I'm with Bob.

27-Sep-22
Jbird, in a sentence. Nope I would def not got the horizontal route. Not on a bet, not on my further career of bowhunting. But I would find a way, or just give it up, no matter what that meant.

27-Sep-22
Agree with Bob 100%. You can hunt with a crossbow during bow season, but you should never call yourself a bow hunter.

• Sitka Gear