Squash 16-Sep-22
erict 16-Sep-22
Pat Lefemine 16-Sep-22
bas4109 19-Sep-22
8point 19-Sep-22
Pat Lefemine 22-Sep-22
8point 24-Sep-22
15-Sep-22
Bought my license three weeks ago online, tags printed on 9/7 according to the website, nothing received with one day before bear season. No number to call, only email.

Can the DEC get anything right?

16-Sep-22
Technology fails again!

16-Sep-22
Gotta love this age of electronics. Used to be able to buy my license at the local town clerks office.

16-Sep-22
I'd say the blame is shared if you waited until the last minute to check on tags. Not sure when you actually placed the transaction, but they state "You must wait 14 business days to receive licenses & tags in the mail before going hunting...To receive licenses/tags instantly, visit a sporting license issuing agent location." Everywhere I see there are the toll free DECALS numbers to call during normal business hours, not just email. Additionally, you can speak to someone in the DEC Licensing Office (not the DECALS vendor staff) by calling 518-402-8843 - also known as the Lifetime License number.

If you really needed tags tomorrow, you can stop in at any DEC license issuing agent (they have a list online), tell them you lost your tags and get replacements. It will cost you some $, but you will have your tags printed on the spot. If the fault was demonstrably the vendor and/or with DEC, call them at the number above and explain the problem and that you want a refund for your replacement costs. In general, the vendor operates the software, prints the tags sets, stuffs the envelopes and puts them in the mail. It is then up to USPS to deliver them. Good luck

16-Sep-22
I bought my tags on 8/22. They told me today they were mailed 9/2 but the website says they were printed on 9/9 so someone is misinformed. Never showed up. Had to take the day off to drive to a vendor for reprints. I live in CT and had zoom meetings until 6 that I had to cancel.

I got to bass pro and paid 15.00 for reprints. All good now.

Got two somewhat consistent daylight bears hitting my cornfield and my stand is right on their travel route. Gonna sit all day.

Good luck to any of you guys bear hunting.

19-Sep-22
I waited over a month for a tag from Colorado. Of course it showed up the day after I left. I had them print one at a CPW office.

It is not just NY.

I have a lifetime license in NY and I got my tags sometime in early August.

19-Sep-22
I requested 2 management permits and MZ tag on line and the response was that I was good for for both management permits. My account was charged on 9/1 for the permits still no paperwork. Government at it's best, take your money and forget about you.

22-Sep-22
Just got them. One month from when I purchased them. Good thing they let you buy reprint tags at vendor locations

24-Sep-22
Must be Bowsite magic. Day after I posted, tags arrived.

• Sitka Gear