billygoat 27-Sep-22
Glunt@work 27-Sep-22
Aspen Ghost 27-Sep-22
cnelk 27-Sep-22
Adam B 28-Sep-22
bowyer45 29-Sep-22
25-Sep-22

yooper89's Link
Saw this posted elsewhere. Average wolf lifespan is 4.5 years, she was 6, but according to the woman interviewed it almost had to be human caused. Come on.

25-Sep-22
She's been gone quite a while. The story shouldn't be about one wolf missing. It should be about the 100+ big game animals her pack ate this year.

25-Sep-22
hopefully most wolves will get lost in a tragic boating accident.

25-Sep-22
I just got home from hunting elk in North Park for 22 days. Definitely the wolves are having an impact.

I didn’t see nearly the numbers of elk, deer or moose I usually see in September.

I never even drew my bow this year.

This morning I talked to a local rancher on my way out the woods. He said the wolves were seen chasing his cattle the other evening at the base of the Mtn we were hunting.

Too bad about the female wolf. I’m sure other wolves will meet the same fate she did

26-Sep-22
Going forward with the reintroduction of wolves, how will this change hunters game plan on hunting elk, deer & moose. I'm sure it will require many more hours afield on scouting and readjusting on how we are going to hunt in the future.

26-Sep-22
In a decade after intro and uncontrolled wolf growth, the elk will probably seek refuge down low on private, but of course bowhunters will be blamed for moving them there and further restricted.

Private land elk hunting will cash in, DIY public land not so much anymore. Fatten up and get out your wallets boys, or give up (which is what they want)

26-Sep-22
If we end up like MT with 1100+ wolves, thats around 20,000 elk per year becoming wolf poop.

Total hunter take for all methods is 35,000/year currently. Wolves cost millions, hunters pay millions. Some ugly math up ahead.

26-Sep-22
Colorado's moose and elk herds are in for a massive crash. It will not be pretty.

27-Sep-22
I'm wondering how long it will be before they are harrassing the front range granola eaters after they start releasing wolves on the western slope? Not like the packs are just going to stay in one area. We can expect increases in license costs to pay for all the livestock they end up killing. So we have that to look forward to. Fewer animals to hunt and higher costs to go wander the woods each fall.

27-Sep-22
What GMU’s are the wolves mostly in?

27-Sep-22
Gee! This is terrible news. If we lose all the alpha momma wolves, they will probably try restocking Griz next. If that fails, there is always a chance they could import Snow Leporids or Siberian Tigers.

27-Sep-22
I don't see how pumping up predator numbers is gonna be revenue neutral

27-Sep-22
Every time a hiker or mountain biker sees a wolf they can Venmo the CPW $100. If they watch wolves make a kill its $300

27-Sep-22
Are there no moose lovers in Colorado who will organize and file lawsuit after lawsuit to stop the wolf release madness. There is no way that a proper environmental impact assessment will not show that wolf release will decimate the moose population in Colorado.

27-Sep-22
“ What GMU’s are the wolves mostly in?”

Currently, North Park

28-Sep-22
Thanks. I was going to look around that area after my moose hunt in 8 next week for future elk hunts. Maybe better to head south....I've saw first hand how quickly it went bad in Idaho years ago. Shame.

29-Sep-22
The wolves will push the elk down on open private land as they have done in Montana , Idaho, and Wyoming. This is what happened up there.

• Sitka Gear