oldgoat 27-Sep-22
Schwammerl 28-Sep-22
backcountrymuzzy 28-Sep-22
yooper89 28-Sep-22
cnelk 28-Sep-22
Buckdeer 29-Sep-22
JDM 29-Sep-22
26-Sep-22
looking for some pork fat to process my elk. where in the metro area are you guys finding it?

26-Sep-22
Use pork butt instead. Just as good and cheaper

26-Sep-22
What's do you think the meat/fat ratio in a butt? 50/50?

26-Sep-22
Go to the butchers counter and order as much trimmings as you need. I paid about .50 cents a lb last fall.

26-Sep-22

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Not sure where you are but I have a hotel in Loveland the 1st and will be there most the evening. If you wanna pick some up let me know got more then I'll ever use. I cube it put it in food saver bag in 5lb and 10lb batches.

27-Sep-22
I'm out in Elizabeth and have about 10#s if you're still looking for some.

27-Sep-22
PushCoArcher - pm sent

27-Sep-22
edwards meats at I70 and Ward Road.

27-Sep-22
I use pork butt 50/50 when I want to use pork, what's really convenient for grinding though if the"pork for green chili" they sell at King Soopers, it's already all cubed up ready to go in grinder.

28-Sep-22
Does anyone have a line on where I can pick up some skin on pork shoulder? None of the butcher shops in Longmont carry it. Looking at the photo above of the split hog reminds me that Its time to make some Bayrischer Schweinebraten (Bavarian Roast Pork) with crackling skin. Add potato dumplings and a large German lager and happy, happy, happy.

28-Sep-22
I've seen pork fat sold at some King Soopers, the littleton one used to have it all the time but the one I go to now in Arvada doesn't. Not sure if they sell pork fat, but Tony's meats in littleton always had beef fat to buy. I can't really make out a difference between the two

28-Sep-22
Whole Foods usually has it as well. I’ve had more luck there than king Soopers in the past.

28-Sep-22
Butchers start their day early and are done before noon. Get your ass outta bed and down to to the butcher shop and talked to them.

29-Sep-22
We just buy pork butt in the meat dept,buy the cheapest you can get.I hate when they mix beef fat.

29-Sep-22
Thanks for all the positive suggestions everyone. I've found an outlet - a game processor that I used to use.

• Sitka Gear