CaptMike 14-Oct-22
Pete-pec 14-Oct-22
Joe dirtnap 14-Oct-22
Pasquinell 14-Oct-22
CaptMike 14-Oct-22
Joe dirtnap 14-Oct-22
Novice 15-Oct-22
07-Oct-22
Good luck to all our young future hunters this weekend. Shoot straight.

08-Oct-22
I also wish the youngsters luck with their hunt, I think this includes those up to and including the age of 15. I wonder how many people actually participate in the youth hunt, I usually never see any vehicles in the public parking lots during this hunt but maybe private lands see more youth participation.

08-Oct-22
R , I agree with your comment. I scouted this morning on public land & drove past 3 other public stand spots on the way home . No vehicles anywhere .

08-Oct-22
I rarely see any youth out on youth weekend...maybe like one or two a year. A lot of guys detest them having their own weekend, but from what I see it's much to do about nothing. I will have to remember to put on some blaze though...forgot about that yesterday. OOPS!!

08-Oct-22
I was out this morning with my son. We saw two, a doe and a fork. Too far for a shot. My son got cold so we went in. Back out this afternoon.

08-Oct-22
I believe most stay on private

08-Oct-22
The reason you don't see any youth on public lands is because the vast majority are being taught to hunt out of condo stands. Can't do that on public lands.

08-Oct-22
No need for kids to be out this morning, since the allowance of crossbows for all, the youth rifle season started mid September.

08-Oct-22
"I rarely see any youth out on youth weekend...maybe like one or two a year. A lot of guys detest them having their own weekend, but from what I see it's much to do about nothing. I will have to remember to put on some blaze though...forgot about that yesterday. OOPS!! "

The guys that detest it are probably worried about someone shooting "their buck" before they can kill it during the easy buck killing rut days.

The mention of the condo stands makes sense, yes you don't find those on public land. Probably heated and sitting over a food plot monitoring the cell cam pics coming in too. In that scenario, you would think a guy could almost kill one using a toothpick and a rubber band no?

Again, good luck to all the youngsters!

09-Oct-22
Lots of dog trackers being called upon today

09-Oct-22
Captmike, you epitomize the stereotype of grumpy old man. Go smoke a joint, have some sex and relax. You’re too old to be acting like a brat.

09-Oct-22
Pops, is smoking a joint what it takes to accept the laziness of the crossers? Back to the point, prove me wrong.

09-Oct-22
I agree with the Captain.

09-Oct-22
There certainly is no logical justification for a youth season. Other than the fact that a bunch of greedy parents can get there kids " hunt" out of the way so it doesn't interfere with there hunting later on. I suppose the kids can't take the cold in November while sitting in a heated condo stand...:>) And as mentioned, we have a 4 month crossgun season. Maybe crossguns still aren't easy enough for today's cream puff society?

09-Oct-22
Laziness comes in all forms, some choose to manipulate game and then claim they are Amish archers, just another lazy technique. City slickers thinking they are woodsy. Lmao

09-Oct-22

Joe dirtnap's embedded Photo

09-Oct-22
Dirtbag, your post tells much about you. Your Facebook page suggests pink camo for you in “related content?” Lol, thanks, I couldn’t have made this up! Lol!!

09-Oct-22
How ignorant you are

Related content was for city slickers search., open large mouth insert foot.

09-Oct-22
My guess would be that most folks taking part in the youth hunt might refrain from posting about it on this thread or on the wisconsin forum due to the youth hunt hate and some of the stupidiness posted above, which is unfortunate. I'm not sure what's wrong with a few of you but if your intention is to bash on other hunters constantly and come off basically looking like anti-hunter douchebags you're doing well.

09-Oct-22
HunterR of coarse he is a anti hunter, he’s the same narcissist that that has been on here before.

09-Oct-22
HunterR. Its ok if you don't have the balls to stand up against political correctness. There's lots of males in today's society with your same problem..... Feel free to carry on with your fake B.S......

09-Oct-22
Retro +1

09-Oct-22
Retro, so a guy is being politically correct and has balls if he constantly bashes hunters for using a different style bow, or bashes those that take part in a legal (youth) season because he feels it's unnecessary? I guess everybody needs something in their life to be proud of. ;-)

09-Oct-22
I have no problem with people using different styles of bows. I have a problem with people using guns during archery season and being delusional enough to try and tell us a gun is a bow in order to participate because there to damn lazy to become an archer. There was a tremendous amount of effort and time that went into establishing long bow seasons for everyone. It's to bad its all being thrown in the garbage because a large and growing segment of our society is lazy, out of shape and unmotivated. Of course we live on planet of the apes now where the politically correct thing to do is accommodate all the lazy whiners in all facets of life... As far as the October youth gun hunt...doesn't affect me but just another example of unnecessary coddling. They can gun hunt during the regular 9 day rifle season, and can also hunt the following 10 day single shot rifle season. (Otherwise known as a primitive weapons season) :>) Then you also have various antlerless hunts scattered in. There's plenty of tags and gun hunting opportunity already without another October gun hunt. But would the parents give up there own hunting time? Then again maybe it is needed.....

09-Oct-22
Let’s see Last Friday crossbow bad

Next day Saturday, rifle season good.

You guys are messed up.

09-Oct-22

Novice's embedded Photo
Youth hunt 2022
Novice's embedded Photo
Youth hunt 2022
Successful hunt for our youth hunters in camp this weekend. They have been hunting hard since the season began and it has paid off. We enjoy taking them out and watching their love of the great outdoors grow. Hunting or fishing, they have a passion already.

09-Oct-22
Looks like two very happy boys!

09-Oct-22
Congrats to those young hunters! Nice bucks boys.

09-Oct-22
Heck yeah! You know what's best? Those boys are smiling. They should be proud.

09-Oct-22
Congrats novice to the boys. Big smiles tell it all. My granddaughter just finished her last youth hunt tonight. She is 15. She hunted public land mostly, by means of natural ground blinds. I was fortunate enough to sit with her Saturday morning, (cold and windy). I was also able to sit with her tonight. Seen 11 does/fawns tonight and not one buck. She held out till the last minute waiting for a buck but no luck. As always, we enjoyed having them here for the weekend. BTW she is getting very good with her bow. Next year might be the year to start her.

09-Oct-22
Great photo, congratulations to the young men.

09-Oct-22
Great deer.... I know Reggie sent me a pic of his sons deer., Way to go......dont want to hear from any old cranky you know what complaining, tired of that crap,,, Congrats to all the kids,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

09-Oct-22
Congratulations to the kids. Job well done.

09-Oct-22
Congratulations to all the successful hunters!

10-Oct-22

Do these youngsters gut there own kill?

10-Oct-22
It’s time for one season any weapon, although not a 100% fan of that idea, it’s time. Plenty of deer, and would give all the time to hunt when they want

One tag any weapon, bring it on.

10-Oct-22
Congrats to the young hunters. Their smiles say it all.

10-Oct-22
The youth hunt is big by my family land. I was out Saturday morning and heard well over 40 shots. I live about 10 miles south near the big public area and I think we counted two shots on Saturday and nothing last night.

10-Oct-22
Congratulations to the boys Novice Great picture

10-Oct-22
Xtroutx, I'll bet that was bittersweet. Good for your granddaughter. That reminds me, one of the above boys got a bow for Christmas last year and had been working ever since with practice and getting his strength up to be able to pull back legal draw weight. A couple of weeks ago, he was finally able to do so. He was so excited. He and his dad went out for an evening hunt and he was successful! Filled an antlerless tag and got meat for the freezer. Keep the youth stories coming. Congrats to all the successful hunters.

11-Oct-22
Congrats to all the successful youth hunters. Both my boys, now in their 20s, still talk about their youth hunt successes and failures. Thanks to all that took a youth out! BC

11-Oct-22
Like any other programs the government is in charge of, some will participate in the manner for which it was intended (an educational and fun introductory to the sport of deer hunting), and others will see it as an opportunity to rape the system (a CHEAP way to fill the freezer...especially for non-residents). Anyway, it's over for at least a year when the topic will undoubtedly surface again..

11-Oct-22
Is it even possible for a 4 year old to shoot a 30.06? Local guy here showing pics of his son and the 11pt. His son "shot". I just don't see it

11-Oct-22
Kids are not required to shoot a 30-06

11-Oct-22
Trickle Just think a 4 yr old “only” has 12 more years of youth hunt left, poor thing.

Plus can group bag during the 9 day any weapon season.

11-Oct-22
Personally, I don't have a problem with the youth hunt for... A) the hunters/families who do it the way it was intended. I don't care whether the kid shoots a doe, a spike, an 8-pointer, or the biggest bruiser of all time.

On the flip side, I have a HUGE problem with... B) violators, and they're out there, who "use" their kids/grandkids as props....i.e. the "adult," kills the deer and all the "youth" hunter did was pose for the photo-op afterwards.

The youth hunt should be 100% scenario A, and 0% scenario B, but we all know that's not the case.

11-Oct-22
Required? No his dad said he used his 30.06

11-Oct-22
Assuming the trigger pull is less than 5 lbs on that 30-06, I'm guessing most 4 year olds could shoot it.

11-Oct-22
A 4 yr old handling the recoil of a 30/06? Yeah....OK.

11-Oct-22

Pasquinell's embedded Photo

11-Oct-22
In my opinion and I will say it every year, some are giving the kids the icing on the cake before they truly know the ingredients or how long it takes to prepare the batter etc.

Let's hear it...

- What's up with you Pasq? Afraid they are killing your deer? - dont tell me what to do with my kid. I'll raise them as I want...etc etc etc etc

11-Oct-22
Pasq, your going to be told it makes perfect sense to take a pre-schooler out to shoot deer with a high powered rifle. A 30/06 nonetheless...:>) You know the future of hunting depends on toddlers throwing lead before there kindergarten orientation... Ill save everyone the trouble....Are you a selfish elitist? Get off your high horse already...

11-Oct-22
Pasquinell X 1.

11-Oct-22
Pasquinell x 2

12-Oct-22
Like most of you I tagged along with my father and grandfather duck hunting, deer hunting, squirrel hunting, trapping etc etc… that’s where the anticipation and passion started to build.

12-Oct-22
I get it that there are exceptions to every situation, but my brothers son has shot many deer during youth hunt. Not that it's wrong but he would sit in a heated condo opening morning and shoot the first deer arriving for the golden nuggets. Then call g-pa to bring the wagon and would jump on four wheeler back to the shack. Grand pa would skin, butcher etc while jr sat in the cabin . He is now in his twenties and no longer hunts. But he couldnt tell a deer track from a holstein track when he did.

12-Oct-22
Pasq, a great example of how making it easy enough might keep someone partially engaged, at least in the short run. Take away the comforts of a heated house and the assurance a deer will show up for its meal and all of a sudden they lose interest. I see the crossbow doing the same.

12-Oct-22
Yes sir! I helped coach him in Little League and during the pre game stretching as a team, he would say " I dont have to" and sit in the stands next to Mom. ( he was a stud in sports though) Always getting the easy button pushed for him

12-Oct-22
Sounds like you failed as an uncle but keep desperately trying to change the minds of men on the internet

12-Oct-22
"Sounds like you failed as an uncle but keep desperately trying to change the minds of men on the internet"

Unless dirbag chimes in, Noc wins most ignorant post of the day award.

12-Oct-22
Capt he is a head buryer too. Truth hurts and they keep pretending that life is good in Mr Rogers neighborhood.

12-Oct-22
Just so we're clear here, Pasq, your scenario is no where near what is happening in our camp. When my guy was growing up I took him out with me before he could hunt himself. He started with a youth Martin recurve shooting for fun. Then we got him a Hoyt Trykon Jr and he didn't hunt until he could pull back legal weight. We sat in all kinds of stands when I mentored him. He'd climb a ladder and I'd use my climber in a tree next to him. Otherwise pop up blinds or 2mans (which weren't that common at the time.) When he killed his first deer with the bow, he gutted it himself. I never had a youth hunt myself, but I sure enjoyed those times I went with him. He's now a college student who earned a baseball scholarship, is on the student athlete committee, and studying to be a teacher now. He has little time to hunt, but chooses to use a vertical bow when he does (unless it's gun season. ) The 2 boys in the pic from this year's youth hunt can outfish me in the trout stream and on the lake. The older of the 2 knows how to operate the tractor better than me. He also just worked his way up to legal draw weight and now chooses a vertical bow, despite having the option. The one on the left belly crawled on a spot and stalk mission a couple of youth hunts ago. They all have gotten chances to sit in various stand situations, from self made ground hides, pop ups, 2 mans, to condos. They just helped assemble a 2 man tripod the other day. They're not afraid to get their hands dirty and do work. I really enjoy taking them out in the woods. Their cousin is also in college on a basketball scholarship. He chose to use his last weekend off for 5 mo to come to camp. Hunted with a vertical bow, despite the option. I sat with him on hunts when he was little. Experienced one of the most exciting tracking jobs with him during a youth hunt. I hate that this thread got corrupted and apologize for getting baited in to it. You people complaining about it on here are not directing your energy accordingly. I'd bet most on here whom are bringing up young hunters are doing it in a healthy way and opposite of the above scenarios. We've got dedicated woodspeople that are passionate on here. Most are not lazy, slob wannabe hunters, as portrayed in negative scenarios mentioned. And of course there are always trolls, but they're usually easy to spot. Rant over. Get out in the woods. Time is better spent there than focusing on negativity and what others are doing, which is beyond our control.

12-Oct-22
Another great youth season here. My wife climbs into her stand at 3:30. She is over looking a big field that butts up to the neighbors field 250 yards away. She sees a few deer and passed on a doe/fawn. About 4:45 the neighbor drives out into his field with a UTV, dumps out 1/2 bag of corn in the middle of a hay field and drives away. 15 minutes later, 2 people, (youth and a lady) walk out and sit on the edge of the field over looking the corn pile. About 30 minutes before dark, 2 small bucks pop out from the woods and the kid shoots one. Following that, 3 trucks drive out into the field and talk for the last minutes of legal light. During this time not one inch of blaze orange or pink is visible on the neighbor's land. What a great way to teach a kid ethics and how to hunt!!!

12-Oct-22
Well, as long as that youth and lady were not using crossbows, something tells me the 4 or 5 ignorant blabbermouths here that can't refrain from ruining every thread because they're greedy and jealous will have no problem with it. :-)

12-Oct-22
All of these special gun seasons need to be redone and or eliminated there is just too many gray areas, it's not saving or helping hunting if you can even call it that. Age should be 12 and hunter education required before participating in ANY gun hunt. Making it "my family loves it" doesn't justify the season in my opinion. This state is wide open to abuses in the hunting field, and those numbers are increasing . Proof is in the posting on this site.

12-Oct-22
Truth hurts sometimes but thanks capt. I had to take a day from you. Carry on

12-Oct-22
Sorry Ryan B, anonymous folks don’t count. You are worried about someone being a bad uncle when you cannot even account for yourself? Lol!

12-Oct-22
Fight nice ladies, we are all brothers of the bow!

12-Oct-22
LoL And yet everyone can put a face to your ill mannered behavior.

12-Oct-22
2022 scoreboard as of 10/11 Bucks 1st- crossbow- 5465 2nd- early gun season ( also known as the youth hunt)-3885 3 rd- Amish archers - 2927

Better get one down before they are all dead

12-Oct-22
Anonymous, do not confuse ill mannered with truth. Come on, man up. Own your words.

12-Oct-22
That's what I'm sayin

12-Oct-22

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
Our youngest got her first tag punched last weekend with a clean kill on a nice doe with the family heirloom .308 rifle. This gun has special significance as it was her grandfather’s first rifle and has been used by countless family members and even close family friends in shooting their first deer throughout the years. Both of her brothers were at the cabin to help celebrate her “ first”. -A great family weekend that brought beautiful autumn weather. She has spent many years in the woods with me chasing turkeys, deer, and doing everything that takes any piece of the hunt from scouting to shed hunting…

13-Oct-22
Wisteacher, A few years ago I ran into a guy and his two kids during the rifle season. They were putting corn out at the end of all the roads and road hunting the corn piles. Hunting was thrown out a long time ago.

13-Oct-22
Duke - Congrats to your daughter. The first is always so special.

13-Oct-22
Well done Duke, and congratulations to your daughter.

I'm blessed I don't deal with the hunters or people some people have to deal with, but one thing for sure, hunting has never been better when you and your neighbors share the same thoughts on hunting, and I'm lucky to hunt near so many like-minded people. We don't have harsh winters, and wolves. Baiting is illegal and the deer numbers and quality has never ever been better. A portion of my neighbors use crossbows, but they are still great people who are very respectful. Just having the majority of hunters here allowing bucks to grow is the icing on the cake. Public land can draw a certain type of hunter, but I'd say the vast majority are still good people....no matter the weapon they choose.

13-Oct-22
Awesome Duke! Congrats to your daughter. Great tradition. Sounds like a lot of memories!

13-Oct-22
Congrats to all the kids and parents who made it out for the youth season. Both of my daughters killed a couple deer apiece during youth seasons past and they have remained avid hunters into their late 20s. I have heard and read many stories about kids who tried it and quit but in my experience, it worked for the best.

13-Oct-22
In the beginning Captmike again turns this thread into negativity and says "No need for kids to be out this morning, since the allowance of crossbows for all, the youth rifle season started mid September."

You must be an old bipolor individual in a manic episode to send a congratulations to the youth for turning the thread into negativity.

You are the reason a couple didn't post their son's kill pictures. CaptMike the old troll with the facial features to match. Done with you

13-Oct-22
Noc, I will not miss you. While you are gone, work on your comprehension skills. My initial comment was about the crossbow season, I have always supported the youth season. Get off your ass and do some searching, you’ll find my posts from many years ago supporting it. In your weak attempt to attack me, you exposed your ignorance, although that has happened before. Nevertheless, I am glad I occupy a bit of the emptiness above your neckline. See ya!

13-Oct-22
Does this mean both of you are gone?

It’s a great day.

14-Oct-22
Now that Nook and Cappy have decided to leave maybe we can have some civil intelligent discussions here.

14-Oct-22
you mean how right now their is a discussion in the top 10 topics about an ILLEGAL ACTIVITY and some have no problem breaking the law but then will turn around and talk about ethics in another topic

way wrong website for "civil intelligent discussion"

14-Oct-22
What a shame this thread went in the toilet. My 11 year old got his first deer. Perfect shot at 20 yards. I was even more proud the day before when he did not pull the trigger on a nice buck and big doe. He kept saying he was shaking too much and couldn’t catch his breath. He tried and tried to gain his composure. He told me he wasn’t positive he would make a perfect shot because his red dot was moving too much so he didn’t pull the trigger. The timing of hunt was great bc I have shoulder surgery in a week and won’t be able to take him out much.

It was by far the best hunt I ever had. A couple days in a pop up blind with my son with no cell phones playing uno reading books talking about school and football and eating nachos is something I’ll never forget. For the guys complaining about youth hunts find something else to be salty about.

14-Oct-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo

14-Oct-22
What a outstanding young man your raising there! That's the perfect youth hunt. Age 11 especially. I cringe when I hear the stories of these 4-6 year old kids shooting 30/06 and the like. Good for him and even better for you Dad. I can't commend you both enough. That made my day. Godspeed

14-Oct-22
Chris, great job by your boy. Sounds like you've done a great job raising him with good ethical values. I'm going to suggest you keep doing your part like so many others are doing. Keep the positivity on the forefront. Sure there are a few idiots here who are fun-sponges, but instead of entertaining their negativity with replies, instead take two seconds and post something positive. You cannot allow a few turds to ruin a good thing. The vast majority of people here share the common bond, which is the love of hunting. It's easy to be triggered by the baiting, but it's absolute power to ignore them. Watch for yourself as they try even harder lol. And watch me disregard them like a fart in the wind. Again, congratulations to your son!

14-Oct-22
Live2, Pasq and Retro, I think peterpecker just shit himself as he tried farting. He wants to impose his opinion on you but not allow your opinions to be heard. What a class A fool! Lol!! And, he will not address you personally but has no issue talking to you without naming you, all while he professes to ignore you! And this, coming from some stooge too afraid to use his real name! Great comedy on this site!!

14-Oct-22

Capt- he read this book and is a changed person. I blanked out the face to hide his true identity.

14-Oct-22

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
A happy hunter! I rotated the photo for you. Congratulations to all the kids and mentors who got out.

14-Oct-22
Congrats again to the young hunters and to the folks taking them out, they are the future of hunting no matter what weapon they use or which season they choose to participate in. Also thanks to the few of you that did post your successes in this thread as I'm sure just like a few folks alluded to above there are many not posting here due to the same hunter haters that ruin most threads.

"Does this mean both of you are gone? It’s a great day. "

Even though I don't agree with half or more of what he says or does (lol that could be an exaggeration) I for one would miss Noc's posting here, the guy knows his stuff and knows how to hunt, period. Often getting it done and not by sitting on food plots on manicured land using every other easy button there is (like I should talk I'm an easy button food plotter). That's what this site should be about.

14-Oct-22
For sure HunterR. Ryan is a great hunter, but more than that, he's a great judge of character, and a good person. I get so many private messages from members here in regards to your same thought on threads being ruined. It's not about disagreeing. Most people can accept that we're not meant to agree upon everything. It's how you choose to do it. A few names come up every single time in those private messages. I try to encourage those people to simply disregard their negativity and scroll by. Obviously their parents didn't teach them kindness, and for that, they will remain damaged for life. Only on their deathbeds in all their loneliness will they realize where they went wrong. There is still time for them to break that chain, and be better people than their parents were, but for a few, their only attribute in this world is their ability in all their negative ways, to show everyone else how bad they could have it. That can be an inspiration in itself if you look at a life in a more optimistic sort of way. However, if we argue with stupidity, you only lower your own standards and get beat with experience. No winners in that mess. I promise!

14-Oct-22
Chris - A huge congratulations to you son. He is wise beyond his years. My son did the same thing a few years back. I couldn't be more proud.

14-Oct-22
Pete-pec, good post and you make some good points. Personally I think life is too short to spend it being an asshole.

14-Oct-22
“I think peterpecker just shit himself as he tried farting. He wants to impose his opinion on you but not allow your opinions to be heard. What a class A fool! Lol!! “

I have to admit that’s the best line I’ve seen on Bowsite in a long time.

Hats off to you

14-Oct-22
It was rather clever, if I do say so myself. However, the underlying meaning is there. He pretends to converse with other anonymous folks on here as if he were talking to them but he is really trying to say something to a few that he claims he won’t talk to.The hypocrisy is astounding. But again, it is very entertaining. Hey Petey, you claim not to jump in the toilet bowl but we know you are there, your lips are showing.

14-Oct-22
Jim, I hope the recovery is going well. Can't wait to hear some stories.

14-Oct-22
“Hey Petey, you claim not to jump in the toilet bowl but we know you are there, your lips are showing.”

You are on fire today, I’m sure we will get another answer that is really a non answer disguised as not paying attention.

It also appears the Shepard has lost his sheep.

14-Oct-22
You guys are a bullying bunch.

14-Oct-22
Not me, I like Mr Rodgers!

14-Oct-22
Yeah I would miss the 20 paragraph obvious ramble that says the same thing a normal human could do in 2 sentences.

15-Oct-22
Chris, outstanding! Congrats to your son (and you for being a great Dad.) Those are the memories that will last forever

• Sitka Gear