Rut Nut 20-Oct-22
Boris 20-Oct-22
horsethief51 20-Oct-22
horsethief51 21-Oct-22
Rut Nut 04-Dec-22
Rut Nut 04-Dec-22
Teeton 05-Dec-22
14-Oct-22
Check your regulations if you are not sure. I will be bow hunting bears. I have a new set up on a special rifle and I'm saving my doe tags for rifle season. Be safe and good luck. Shoot straight!

14-Oct-22
Good luck , be cool to get a bear with a bow. Trading my bow in tommrow for a hopefully flintlock doe. Love shooting deer with my flintlock as much or if not more then the compound. Goid luck to all the hunters tommrow...

14-Oct-22
No bears in 5D.

15-Oct-22
Picked up a stomach bug last night. No morning hunt. Gonna try this afternoon.

15-Oct-22

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I didn't see a deer or a bear today, more so hunting bear than deer. But both are in the area. I didn't ever hear a gun shot. Neighbor down the road got a real nice one. Guess mid to high 170's.

15-Oct-22
Wow nice buck. Hunted next county over in the AM with Chise. He saw some does being chased by a buck he didn't get a good look at. He saw some does too far away to shoot this afternoon, as did I. I also saw 4 nice long beards this afternoon. Morning weather was nice with lots of wind this afternoon that gave way to a calm sunset.

15-Oct-22
Wow great buck...

15-Oct-22
Little windy , took the flinter out , nothing but couple nice gobblers...

15-Oct-22
I did hear two gun shots this morning.

16-Oct-22
Beautiful deer your neighbor shot!

16-Oct-22
Yes that is a nice buck!

Just came in from mowing up back with a quad and brush hog deck in my little wood lot. I needed a horn to get a 6 point to move. And then seen two different spikes and a four point harassing 8 different does. All with in 30 yards or less and in under a hour.

17-Oct-22
I went out this morning to sit in a blind where a bear was spotted last week and since I had 40 minutes to go before it would be light out I got comfy and closed my eyes. After about 10 minutes I thought I heard a buck grunt about 50 yards across the food plot. Within a minute or 2 I heard it again and opened my eyes and a deer body was standing broadside at 12 yards. He walked around the front of the blind from right to left, stopped for a while at about 20 yards that passed back around to my right where at 40 yards he ducked into the woods. I will check the trail camera to see who he was.

Its 3:45 and man is it ever windy here. Debating on going out or not. I set up a chair over-looking the swamp I saw the bears in last week. Might wait until 5, they won't be there until 6 if they are coming out. At least the wind is blowing the right direction. LOL.

17-Oct-22
Got a nice doe with the flintlock this morning, never gets old shooting them with the flinter , enjoy it as much or more then the compound...

17-Oct-22

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Congrats to all that have connected so far. Beautiful buck. My face almost caught this web on my walk in on Saturday morning. Figure I’d post since it is October. Good luck all!!

18-Oct-22
That’s a great deer Ed! Did she shoot it?

19-Oct-22
Snow on the ground in 2-D this morning. Supposed to turn into rain later.

19-Oct-22

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
Finally had a mature doe cooperate with me last evening. Lots of action in my area yesterday.

19-Oct-22
Nice. How did you stay warm? LOL.

19-Oct-22
horsethief51, I didn’t stay warm! The wind was pretty nasty yesterday evening, and I didn’t dress quite warm enough . Only thing that kept me in the stand is I had deer around me all evening. But I warmed up pretty quick after I shot her. Lol

20-Oct-22
Its hovering below 30 out there this morning. Not sure my cold weather gear will even work. Might be a short sit.

20-Oct-22
You need a heated vest Art! ;-)

Congrats on the doe Banjo!

20-Oct-22
I got a WINDSTOP vest this past winter. Used it Tuesday evening in Ohio. It was pretty cold out there. The wind was gusting at times 25-30 mph. But steady at 20 mph. Temps stayed in the low to mid 30's. But, my core stayed toasty warm. I like the WINDSTOP vest. NO wind got through to chill me down.

20-Oct-22
No wind down by the swamp this afternoon. Deer all over the place, a little shooting, but, no bears.

21-Oct-22
Saw a few this morning from the blind. Nothing this afternoon.

04-Dec-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Ed- your neighbor was on WNEP Outdoor Life today. Cool story! Apparently it was shot on her farm and she is the only one who hunts it.

04-Dec-22

Rut Nut's Link
Here’s a link if you want to see the video. She brought her rack to Misty Mountain Taxidermy studio and Don Jacobs interviewed her. Pretty interesting!

05-Dec-22

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Deer was around for a few years. I saw it a few times in the fields.

• Sitka Gear