Justgrad25 28-Oct-22
Teeton 28-Oct-22
BSKED (mobile) 28-Oct-22
horsethief51 29-Oct-22
huntinelk 29-Oct-22
horsethief51 30-Oct-22
Yodameister 03-Nov-22
21-Oct-22
The best time to hunt moon chart looks pretty good for the next few days. Good luck.

22-Oct-22
Good luck everyone. The boys are starting to show interest in the ladies. Time is getting good.

22-Oct-22
Had a spike buck circle my stand at 5y.................scent control SPOT ON! ;-)

Watched 3 doe come out of corner into field and about 15 min later 4 came out of hedgerow into field from opposite end of field. Watched them feed for almost 2 hrs at 80-100y

Got a plan for Monday morning! : )

Good luck folks!

22-Oct-22
Sitting in a tree in 5C, 72 degrees, sunny and still swatting mosquitoes ?? in October. There is no fall here yet, only green, heat and bugs. Not to optimistic but I am out, hopefully dehydration doesn't get me or the west Nile virus. Feels like hunting in a swamp it's so hot here. Good luck to everyone out. We have seen (between the 4 of us) Zero rut activity. 1 half hearted rub, 0 scrapes.

22-Oct-22
Had high hopes for this morning. However the property I hunt is now PA’s newest 1100 acre state park. And the inlines were out in force.

22-Oct-22

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I hunted a funnel this morning.about 1/3 of a mile from where the state stocked pheasant . Funnel leads to a big stamp. A standing corn field also backs up against this same area. Saw zero deer or bear.

Now I'm hunting a ridge where I kill my bear a few years ago. 4:30 and its about 65 degrees. Like 5c stated above Skeeters are killing me.

22-Oct-22

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Had this guy just come by. Not everyday you see one in daylight. Kinda had my heart going till I saw him. He climbed a tree about 30 yds away and is eating something. Grapes maybe? As their looks to be grape vines up thier.

22-Oct-22

huntinelk's embedded Photo

22-Oct-22
That looks to be one of the biggest yoles I've ever seen. Nice!

22-Oct-22
I saw 4 does this morning on the ridge behind rut and we did a lot of texting. Nice day to sit in the woods (until after ten) . Rut got caught up on his sleep after lunch. Nobody but chise saw any deer this evening. Had deer steak and wild turkey breast on the grill for dinner. Is this the lull? Discussed the Monday "plans" for Rut.

23-Oct-22
Looks like a 70 pounder Gene.

23-Oct-22
Well, since we are not allowed in Pa to pursue deer hunting on Sunday, I welcomed the sun coming up in a patch of woods in 5C this morning. I did not have my Hoyt, just a cordless, an old hang on and a new set up to be hung. Inside 2 hours the stand was up, lanes cut and then I got to work taking one down that I left in last year. Well that tree was dead and it was a 28' up stand (hill side). Well to say that was a little scary is an understatement. Harness on and still it seemed like that tree wanted to give way. All the steps came out quickly, the stand dropped easily and I really was holding my breath as this thing was moving weirdly. I was happy to catch up on something I needed to do but bummed I could not hunt with a large rain front coming in. Rant over.

23-Oct-22
Take it from an old guy Junior, you might want to think about ladder stands as you get older, if you can get them to where you have to go. This morning, Rut and I put up a blind in a new spot across the food plot where the deer were coming out Saturday. Stay tuned, he has 2 more days to hunt here.

24-Oct-22

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Raining here this morning! :( I shot a doe in 4D in week 2. Patty's hubby, Adam shot a good buck in 5B, while Patty was elk hunting in Colorado. It's been a busy Fall.

24-Oct-22

24-Oct-22
Congrats Jen and Adam! That’s a really nice buck!

I have been watching 2 doe and a button buck feeding and grooming each other(2 doe) since first light. 8am now and of course the 2 doe walked within 30 y of the stand I was in Saturday morning! ;-)

24-Oct-22
Art, with much due respect, they are terrible to get in, even tougher to get out. Nothing says "please come hunt out of me" than an obscure ladder stand, ebmven on private property. I was supposed to have help yesterday, but my wing man had church or something like that? I am not 25 any more but, I can still get them hung, easier to remove too.

24-Oct-22
I am pretty much able to get pretty close by off road vehicle to where they go in the woods and usually have a lot of help.

Way to go on the deer harvesting folks.

24-Oct-22
Beautiful coyote Gene-congrats!

25-Oct-22
Well, I missed a chip shot yesterday just before last light! Luckily it was a clean miss.........,,,,,,,,but man I STINK! The doe came in quick and stopped for a second then started to walk...............still kicking myself! : (

In a stand this morning trying to redeem myself. Heard a buck behind me breaking twigs and rubbing saplings 30 min before first light. Even think I heard my first ever snort-wheeze while hunting. But he must have moved off before daylight.

25-Oct-22
Nice.

25-Oct-22
Sweet, congrats on a good one!

26-Oct-22
Bowbender, That got me too. I thought it was ML and bow only? Gotta read up on my regs I guess!!

26-Oct-22
Early season, junior/senior hunter can take an antlerless deer and bear with rifle. Adults ML and bow.

Congrats to you and your son Doug. Congrats to Jen and Adam, nice deer as well as a nice coyote Gene!!

27-Oct-22
Dan saw a 4 point this morning in the stand I got my buck in a couple weeks ago. Bucks have been tearing up the scrapes this past week on my trail cam pics, but in the night.

27-Oct-22
Dan saw 2 more bucks this evening, one was a shooter, but too far away.

28-Oct-22
My rut vacation starts Saturday morning, 2 weeks off, first time ever... woohoo.

28-Oct-22
Stinking so far for me. Blanked from the stand this AM. Kicked one small one out on the way in and kicked out a fawn on the walk out. Been a SLOW season for me in 2B.

28-Oct-22
Bowhunting5c, I''ll be hunting all week, can't do 2 weeks. :( I'm really trying for a bear. A friend told me his folks have seen the same bear 3X this week, Yesterday they saw it at about 4:30. It's always heading in the same direction So heading up tomorrow late morning to take a look and put a stand or two up. I'm thinking there's a corn field near by. I'll check that out tomorrow.

28-Oct-22
John and Ed, Good luck on your vacation! Shoot straight, be safe.

29-Oct-22
Dan saw another non-legal six point last night here in 2D. Like Ed, I am still looking for any of the bears we saw the first week. Turkeys too here in 2D starts today.

29-Oct-22

Cody shot a big doe Friday evening to end week 4.

30-Oct-22
BIG deer! Nice shooting.

03-Nov-22
Let a decent young 8 point walk by at 10 yards Saturday morning. There’s still lots of time.

• Sitka Gear