Rut Nut 11-Nov-22
Bowhunting 5C 11-Nov-22
tobywon 11-Nov-22
27-Oct-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
And the Pa Legislature! ;-)

27-Oct-22
Imma guessing alot of the graybeards are scratching their crotches, adjusting the suspenders, complaining on the party lines, throwing the ole three in the tree in reverse and driving down to the general store to complain about all this new fangled technology... :)

27-Oct-22
Sometimes they get it right! Great news.

27-Oct-22
LOL Bowbender! But the old guys probably won’t hear about this for some time................ ;-)

27-Oct-22
Me thinks you're wrong about the old guys hearing about it. Change, a terrifying word to many when pink envelopes are involved.!

27-Oct-22
John- it takes awhile for the news to make it into the local papers or show up on the 6 o’clock report! : )

27-Oct-22
Hurrah!

27-Oct-22
Honestly,I've never had an issue with a doe tag in 40+years.However,I've had issues with online license purchases three times in the past 4 years.

27-Oct-22
And just like that…..no abacus or typewriter needed.

27-Oct-22
Another tradition gone:(

27-Oct-22
So how will the new process work?

27-Oct-22
That’s why I go (in person) to my local issuing agent to buy my license every year Doug. Walk out with my license/tags in hand. Next year will include doe tags. (Providing the Governor signs the bill and the PGC implements it)

28-Oct-22
So will you need to be on your computer on the day and time they go on sale to get one like it used to be in Illinois to get a license? I picture 460,000 people hitting the site at exactly the same time and blowing the internet up! I have a lot of concerns on this not going well but will withold judgement until it either works or doesn't. Sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for because you might get it!! And to be clear, I have no issues with either way, I never had a problem with the envelopes and I HOPE I never have a problem with this system...............but we will see!!

28-Oct-22
Congratulations RutNut. You've been waiting long time for this. If you do a celebration pink envelope bonfire, I have about 5 or 6 I can send you.

Always best to wait for the procedures and guidelines to figure out how best to make the purchase but certainly not everyone is going to be purchasing the instant they go on sale. If you hunt a doe unit that has low quota or historically sells out fast, then purchasing sooner rather than later would be a good idea. For me in 3D and 3C, time is not a factor as they normally go into the 3rd round.

I have purchased my regular license online the last 4 years and haven't had any negative experiences. Site can be little slow the first day they go on sale but nothing out of the norm for anyone that deals with the western states websites during draw time. I've never had any issues with the pinks either, but am glad that the county treasurers don't have to be involved anymore. Too much inconsistency from county to county.

28-Oct-22
Thanks Jethro- I might take you up on that! : )

Griz- That’s not how I was told it works in NY...................

28-Oct-22
Sounds good thanks

31-Oct-22

Rut Nut's Link
I started a thread on the NY Forum to see how it works there..................

31-Oct-22
Perry,I used to do the same but our small shops all closed down so the only option is Walmart or Dunhams.Both are a cluster mess.A new shop just opened about 10 miles away and he's supposedly selling licenses so I'll have to check him out.

07-Nov-22
Wow, I didn't think I'd live long enough to see it. This is good news. Took em long enough.

Doe tags otc works so ridiculously easy in Ohio, and has for many years. Walk up to the counter, buy a doe tag, walk out. But they dont micromanage the herd the same way Pa does so, who knows how Pa will ultimately implement it. We'll find out soon enough.

I buy my license at a gun store about 150 yards from my house. Hmm, how convenient can it get... and could have been all those years.

07-Nov-22

Rut Nut's Link
It was signed into law last week by the Governor! : )

07-Nov-22
About time! The Debbie downers and the sky fallers will hate it because, wait for it,........... it's change, and they hate it..

10-Nov-22
Maybe us ole guys, will be 77 in January, really don't give a crap one way or another, but it will be a lot handier to just get it off the PAL system. And I do truly hope you young snots will live to be ole guys. :)

10-Nov-22
A long time coming. Pa cannot get out of its collective way when any forward thinking is involved.

11-Nov-22
LOL! I’m 57 George...............does that make me a “young snot?!” ;-)

11-Nov-22
And I am a 54 year old young guy too. "Young snot", funny.

11-Nov-22
Remember, young snots turn into old boogers!!!! :)

• Sitka Gear