How do you apply for doe tags in NY?
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Rut Nut 28-Oct-22
8point 28-Oct-22
petcontain 29-Oct-22
Rut Nut 31-Oct-22
28-Oct-22
As you may have heard, it looks like we will have a new system for applying for doe tags in PA next season. No more waiting for several predetermined dates during the Summer to send in (Snail mail)our (paper)applications with personal checks to our County Treasurers. We will now enter the 21st century and apply thru the PALS system from issuing agents when we buy our hunting license.

I have heard this is the way NY and other states have been doing it for many years. Can someone please explain in detail how it works in NY?

Some folks in Pa are concerned that the system will be overloaded on the first day licenses go on sale with folks trying to get their doe tags before they sell out. But from what I am told by a few NY hunters I know, this is not the case.

Could someone please enlighten us PA hunters to exactly how your system handles doe tags? THANKS!

Perry from PA

28-Oct-22
Doe permit applications ended on Oct. 1st, but for future reference. https://help.nysdeclicensing.com/hc/en-us/articles/82396629257167027272

29-Oct-22
Doe permits are on a lottery system so you have the same chance of getting one The First Day as The Last Day. Some units all the permits are not taken the first go around and left overs are availble after Nov 1.

You apply at the issuing agent or online.

31-Oct-22
Thanks guys!

• Sitka Gear