Bowhunter09 09-Nov-22
Elite GSP 10-Nov-22
awh302 11-Nov-22
ILbowhntr 12-Nov-22
Highlife 12-Nov-22
awh302 12-Nov-22
RED BEARD 13-Nov-22
01-Nov-22
I hate warm weather. It will be slow until the next cold snap next week.

01-Nov-22
Grundy County update - Even with the warmer weather, bucks are starting to chase. Saw 2 different bucks Sunday (10/30) morning at around 8:30am chasing does. Scrapes are also being worked.

01-Nov-22

RED BEARD's embedded Photo
Maybe next year
RED BEARD's embedded Photo
Maybe next year

01-Nov-22
TOO WARM. Got busted trying to cool down and waited too long to settle in the stand. Like a good friend told me… its better to be an hour early than a minute late. I better be extra early tomorrow after chili for dinner. Nothing like ive seen before. Very slow… see what tomorrow brings.

04-Nov-22
Can't remember another deer season where we have had to fight the wind. Late today and tomorrow is going to be brutal with steady 30 mph winds and gusts up to 60 mph. Makes for interesting deer hunting.

05-Nov-22
Boy another messed up year. I talked to few hunters and all are seeing bucks on does but can't sit on stands because of the winds. Hunters better check their stands for safety.

05-Nov-22
Sat in a creek bottom kind of protected from the wind. 4 small bucks pestered does all evening

05-Nov-22
Finally will cool down just a bit. At least morning lows down to 43. Thought that would never come. The only problem with that was the instant influx of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania & Michigan license plates in the public lots by me, overnight. They remind me a lot of Asian beetles. You can’t get rid of them.

06-Nov-22
Kinda like the Indiana archers

06-Nov-22
Exactly, except the Southern hunters don't get on here and bit:@ about everything in Illinois and then slide in to hunt. All I've ever run into are very appreciative of the oppurtunity to hunt. ????

07-Nov-22
I am a service member that lives in Alabama, has Delaware license plates, and still owns a home in Illinois.

Don't throw rocks at me when I'm parked on public land.

07-Nov-22
I don't throw rocks at nonresident hunters :) Hell I'll be one in a week up north than on to Tennessee where I've got property but still have to buy another nonresident tag. You guys and gals spend alot of dinero to hunt here good luck, be safe , and good hunting.

07-Nov-22
I haven’t been able to hunt much because I’ve been too busy with my kids soccer games/tournaments. But that ended yesterday so after this week of warmth and wind I’ll be out as much as I can.

08-Nov-22
A lot of our Big boys are locked down. A lot of 2.5/3.5s chasin last 3 days.

Brown County…

08-Nov-22
My buddy hit a nice 10 this morning. The hit was right at the diaphragm. We wait 2 hours and very little blood. We tracked 200 yds and waiting until morning. We ran into rubs and scrapes. The rut is on..lasalle co

08-Nov-22
Red, if you’re interested in a blood tracking dog look up diesel the blood tracking dog on Facebook. He’s out of Morris.

09-Nov-22
Hunted Randolph county yesterday evening. Perfect conditions. Hit the can call and grunted in a small buck. Saw nothing else. Seems like it's still a work in progress here in far southern illinois.

09-Nov-22
The Rut is definitely on in NE IL, buddy had a hot doe come in with 4 bucks dogging her, ended up getting a 25yd shot on the biggest, a beautiful 135"-140"11 point that never knew what hit him

09-Nov-22
We found the buck 150yds from last blood. The arrow cut the liver, sliced the heart and stomach. I can't believe he went that far. All blood was internal. The rut is on. lasalle co

09-Nov-22
Let’s see some pictures! Work and soccer has consumed me but I’m trying to get out as soon as possible. Gun season should be good.

09-Nov-22
Had 10 does and fawns eating in bean field for 45 minutes at 30 yds. Not even a small buck showed up. Very warm but that’s changing Friday Se illinois

10-Nov-22
I would say you are past your main chasin 09. We saw it pretty good right around Halloween. A lot of studs were after does 29/30th.

Short trip to property in SE..

11-Nov-22
I was close to pulling the trigger this morning. Just a shade too small. With the cooler weather things should be great this next week or so.

12-Nov-22
Getting ready to go out this morning, look outside and it’s flipping snowing! Two days ago it was 72 degrees.

Welcome to Illinois, where the only thing more screwed up than our politicians is our weather.

12-Nov-22
No kidding lol

12-Nov-22
You guys must be south then. Nothing up here near Chicago but by my farm in Marion County I heard close to 2 inches.

13-Nov-22
Yesterday my buddy watch a 8 pt breed a doe for a hr 50 yds out. My self stayed all day and a little 4 pt was looking. Always at the wrong spot. It was cold and going to get worse. Shot gun season is going to be the coldest in a while.

• Sitka Gear