jlmatthew 04-Nov-22
Ziek 04-Nov-22
Orion 07-Nov-22
Paul@thefort 07-Nov-22
Jaquomo 08-Nov-22
Glunt@work 08-Nov-22
>>>---WW----> 08-Nov-22
01-Nov-22
Got a text, CPW director Dan Prenzlow has retired, effective today. If you know Dan, reach out, tell him thanks for a lifetime of service.

The next four years does not look encouraging to me if Polis wins. Things will be accelerated in my opinion. Go Heidi Ganahl, DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE.

01-Nov-22
The commission has already been infiltrated by antis and wolf lovers. This will go downhill fast now that Dan is gone.

01-Nov-22
Dan Prenzlow got screwed we all know why he retired. It is sad.

01-Nov-22
polis is gonna, win Colorado is still #1 for b&c muleys as, well as the largest elk and mule deer herd in the u. s

01-Nov-22
Guessing a wisconsin nonresident hasn't read our cwd slaughter management plan...

02-Nov-22
With wolf reintroduction, that "largest elk herd" status won't last long.

02-Nov-22
Do you guys really think if Polis is out, wolf introduction won't happen?

02-Nov-22
The reality is CO is still a hell of a place to hunt if you don't complain and get out there. Sure the elk situation needs an overhaul no doubt, but in general, it's pretty hard to beat CO. Truth be told, I could care less about the wolves and everyone crying about them. My complaint these days is we need someone to clean Colorado up! Have you noticed the levels of trash along our highways and around our state? What the heck is going on? I don't follow politics, and couldn't tell you how long Polis has been in charge, but he owns that, and needs to go!

02-Nov-22
Aloe, the poor offended CPW employee who was terribly traumatized by Prenzlow's poorly worded attempt at recognizing her, has also resigned. Maybe some internal backlash by other CPW folks who liked and respected Dan made her working life more difficult?

02-Nov-22
"Do you guys really think if Polis is out, wolf introduction won't happen?"

Wolf intro will happen per state law, management decisions including populations goals, if ever removed from the ESA, would be set by governor appointment. The number to be released is totally up to vote by those appointments on the PWC. As Glunt stated, "where" geographically may not matter because they go where they want.

I think your missing the point. We now have no CPW director, that person will be hired by the governor. Only time will tell what we get, could by way worse then Dan Prenzlow, a native coloradoan who spent a lifetime with CPW. We may get a nonhunter whose primary focus is diversity, equity, inclusion and climate change. Not wildlife, or hunting.

Its your vote, if you vote for Polis, take heart, you won't be the only one missing the point.

02-Nov-22
Grasshopper don't bother Ziek is a Polis lover he has posted about it numerous times. He also thinks he doesnt hurt sportsmen by doing so

02-Nov-22
You do know that Polis appointed Prenzlow to begin with?

02-Nov-22
Look who else he appointed and his husband, it's laughable if you think he is pro hunting especially predator hunting

02-Nov-22
Fully aware of it. Prenzlow was accused of racism. I'm looking for the pendulum to swing in the 2nd term, any concerns over re-election will be gone.

Are you aware of who he has appointed to the commission, and how many of them hunt big game? ever watched a commission meeting lately? After a year long discussion of license allocation, how many are standing up for residents? Admittedly, the flavor of governor has never helped that issue.

Should we wager lunch on if the new director hunts or not? I'm betting on CPW outsider, non-big game hunter focused on changing the culture of the agency. Might have an Ecology degree, maybe a Sierra club person or similar. Get your pronoun practice done.

02-Nov-22
Ziek's head is in the sand I doubt he even knows who is on the commission or he would never have commented on this thread.

02-Nov-22
It only takes watching one meeting to see how clueless some of our commissioners are. Its taken 2 years for some of them to even grasp what a preference point is let alone have the ability to make wise decisions in the best interest of hunters or wildlife.

04-Nov-22
Ziek- I do think if polis wasn’t around the wolf issue would stop. Polis is the one pushing them to get wolves on the ground as quick as possible. When the biologists are saying hey slow down we need to study and research this before we do it.

And polis is the one who gave the gag order to all the parks and wildlife officers and biologists so they couldn’t give their public opinion on wolves. Seems a little weird and one sided to me when “the experts on wildlife” in the state can’t comment in what they think about the issue.

04-Nov-22
Dan Gibbs, head of DNR, avid hunter and conservationist, and Polis appointee typically leads the recommendation team for CPW director. My bet will be Heather Dugan, acting director of CPW, and head of law enforcement.

04-Nov-22
Justin, I believe CPW folks are prohibited from commenting on any ballot issue by statute. Before it got on the ballot many of them were outspoken against wolf dumping. The wolfies took it to the Denver-Boulder softbrains to decide after the Commission told them to pound sand.

04-Nov-22
Can we hire Wyoming's Director and use they're Wildlife Commission and finally get things straightened out here

04-Nov-22
Besides what Lou responded to Justin, Prop. 114 gave CPW until the end of next year to get it done. Doesn't matter who is in the Governor's office.

07-Nov-22
So ziek you voted for polis again I take it.

07-Nov-22
I would have expected from a Colorado Governor in their right mind (who actually supports the CPW, the Livestock producers, and the many Colorado counties who developed a County resolution against the forces wolf introduction, not to promote wolves like this Governor did. And then add in the First Gentleman, who encouraged his followers/supporters , to support the forced introduction of wolves into Colorado. Encouragement against the Resolution by the CPW Commission and staff, not forced, but let them migrate in naturally.

A Governor who in his right mind..................................................................Fill in the blank.

08-Nov-22
Polis is the governor of Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. He believes there is no urban-rural divide in Colorado.

08-Nov-22
With what's happening in the country this cycle, I think the Governor's office could have been flipped if the big GOP money would have showed up here.

I'm not optimistic about Polis' moves when re-election as Governor isn't influencing things and moving up on the national Democrat scene is.

08-Nov-22
The I-25 corridor is all that matters to our qu==r Govenor because that is where the vote is.

• Sitka Gear