CTBobcat 11-Nov-22
CTBobcat 15-Nov-22
Swamp_Donkey 15-Nov-22
CTBobcat 15-Nov-22
BBB 15-Nov-22
Gene 15-Nov-22
Rackem 15-Nov-22
03-Nov-22
Never have I seen this site so devoid of hunting pics of dead deer and stories or near misses. I miss not seeing guys posting pics of their set up, boot pics, NSEW views, or sharing a success stories.

03-Nov-22
I saw a trophy squirrel the other morning. Biggest one I’d ever seen. Upon further inspection, it was a bobcat perched in the crotch of a tree about 40’ up. Never seen one do that before. That’s about all I have to share so far.

03-Nov-22
BBB everyone is waiting for you to start.

03-Nov-22
I don’t even see squirrels!

03-Nov-22
Yup. No acorns. No squirrels. No deer. No acorns equals no deer movement. Let’s hope the chasing phase starts soon because we totally are missing the cruising phase. Dead out there.

Maybe there’s less deer……wait, there are less deer.

03-Nov-22
I think if the forecast holds true then I am out all day tues and weds next week, the light and variable winds concern me however. But looking like low 30s and in the 50s

04-Nov-22
The temperature has been higher than average. Soon the pendulum will have to swing the other way and it will be colder than average. If it didn’t we would need a new “average”. Poor year for acorns in much of the state. It sucks that we are not getting to witness much of the deer activity during daylight right now, but things will change. This is just the set up for an amazing time ahead.

04-Nov-22
I've pulled all my cell cameras and leaving for Western Kentucky tomorrow morning. I'll miss the CT Archery rut as I'll be home the 18th.

04-Nov-22

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Had some bucks on cam last night and before dawn this morning. Unfortunately the warm temps are shutting down daylight movement. Still working on their night moves… Next week will be much better.

04-Nov-22
I Hunted CT yesterday morning after getting cell pics all night of a 4pt chasing does. Saw nothing and then last night my target 10pt came through chasing does, but 8-9pm doesn't help.

04-Nov-22
Maybe we can set the clocks back 3 hours on Sunday? They will never expect a move like that…

04-Nov-22
You will still have plenty of archery rut after 11/18 dont you think? The week of Thanksgiving has been very kind to me many times.

04-Nov-22
Yea for sure. But state land for bow closes when shotgun opens up. There are some very small and limited Bow Only that are open during gun…..but most places are pheasant areas or trail walker spots. Gotta try to hunt during the week. But it can be done. I’ve done it a few times and killed some deer on these areas.

04-Nov-22
Bwhnt - I agree, my biggest CT Buck was in full swing 11/12 - 11/19. I had a lot of daylight photos during that time. Poor thing died on 11/19. I'll be toting a .300 WSM, its HUGE woods to be bow hunting for me.

04-Nov-22
Some of you guys may have a different opinion or experience , but to expand off of what some of you guys have mentioned already, I’ve always found that the hottest time for daytime rut movement in CT is between the dates of November 8 through November 18. This differs from common hunting advice from guys in other states where the dates of Oct 25-Nov 7th are the best times to see mature buck movement. I’ve killed bucks within this early timeframe but it doesn’t happen every year, and it’s very challenging for me to do. I’ve also notice the time period between November 23-25 gets red hot. I’m usually on the struggle bus until around the 8th and then I start seeing mature animals moving. My theory is that southern New England doesn’t start seeing a consistent drop in temp until around this time. This year’s lack of acorn crop will alter movement but I really believe the best days of the rut are coming, starting Tuesday.

04-Nov-22
CTBuck, agree with your dates

04-Nov-22
Aaah yes I always forget the state land closes for shotgun. And I don't blame you one bit rifle hunting is awesome. I think if I had to pick my most productive day to see big bucks acting rutty, I would chose 11/22.

04-Nov-22

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo

04-Nov-22
^^Notme and new girl in the blind.

04-Nov-22
Lol. If you look in the top left corner of that pic you can see someone was watching. A jealous boyfriend? A scorned lover? A soon to be scarred-for-life fawn knocking on the door for a glass of water?

04-Nov-22
Someone on here mentioned a few years back. 4 days after the full moon in November is game on. That particular year was spot on 4 days after. Mature bucks everywhere.

05-Nov-22
Very slow season. Seen 1 and that was a small one. Hope picks up a little

05-Nov-22
Very slow season. Seen 1 and that was a small one. Hope picks up a little- I am seriously thinking of hanging it up for season. My area has no activity

05-Nov-22
Woods, it’s everywhere. Not just you. The woods are dead everywhere. It’s borderline ridiculous. Are there deer even in CT any longer? No sign, no cruising, no chasing, no feeding, nothing. I wish it was the early 2000’s again….. Make Bow Hunting Fun Again

05-Nov-22
Same here. Trail camera turned up nothing the past couple days. Doing another sit but I’m not too hopeful

05-Nov-22
I have no complaints for 2022 season seeing deer 8 times out of 10 I have been in the field. All areas I roam have deer. I hunt deeper and difficult places to get to, on both private and public. Time to put in some effort and go on foot as waiting in the stand is not an option now. Easy deer days are in the past. Good luck.

05-Nov-22
I bumped one in the dark this morning. Last night there were about 15 deer in the field on the adjoining property. I was hoping to get them coming back to the swamp on my permission. Nothing but a coyote, that I missed. Either they had already passed in the dark, following other side of ridge or bedding down closer to the fields. No nuts and warm temps are not helping at all.

05-Nov-22
Very Odd- I always seen them in neighbor hood yards and feilds etc. I not even seeing that- if do it’s just 1 or 2. - don’t think predators got em all. And certainly not over hunted.

05-Nov-22
Saw 10 turkeys, 0 deer, 0 squirrels.

Thought I’d see something. Bears, warm Weather plus no acorns not helping deer #s. I only bumped 1 while in Polaris. Can only get better!

05-Nov-22
six - what part of the state are hunting? I've went to three different state land parcels, one small, one large and one VERY large. I walked for at least 5 miles through areas, never saw another hunter or any deer/sign either. I've only been in the stand twice, nothing, morning and afternoon hunts. I'll keep at it, but I've never seen anything like this before.

05-Nov-22
I went out late today and got busted, deer were up and in the field at 3pm

05-Nov-22
@BBB: I hunt zones 12, 11, and 7. Besides public land I also have access to 5 good size private properties of 6+ acres situated right next to state forests. It took me few years to build trust with and gain access from the landowners. It has paid off for me as now I have more than enough access to feel comfortable hunting any day in any weather conditions. I follow the deer to their food and beds depending on the location and the time of the day. I always scout new locations, ask for permission when I see deer consistently move in an area. I hunt few public locations where I hike 2-3 miles from the parking lot. Nobody follows me there because perhaps they know that one has to hike out in the dark, often dragging a deer down the hill. Other places I hunt steep terrain where deer travel on the ridge. Not easy but I enjoy the workout and sleep sound at night. Life is good for now until the trumpet will sound good night forever.

05-Nov-22
Six: sounds like you’re one of the few seeing deer. By me, NW CT - seen zip. Last year at this time I saw at least a dozen deer & killed 1 already. Killed 2 last season. I’d be happy if I get a chance to even see one.

05-Nov-22
Six - your hard work has paid off and rewarded you, congrats. I'm glad someone is have something moving out there to make it feel more like hunt and less like a hike. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the solitude and peace of the woods, by not seeing game, any kind of game, makes feel like I'm just sitting in a tree,......not hunting. Lots of time left, so we'll see.

05-Nov-22
The deer is still there but they changed patterns given the lack of acorns. Hunt the grass and corn fields, water spots, honey suckle beds, deep dark pine timber areas, orchards, farms. The deer still has to eat and for sure they have not migrated anywhere out of your area. That is how I find deer myself as they changed their ways in my areas too. I am also lucky to have few white oaks still producing some acorns. Enough acorns to attract deer but nowhere near what it was last year and the year before. A little challenge is good as it keeps things interesting.

06-Nov-22
been there done that. EHD has had a huge impact on the herd in one of my areas, and the other state land I hunt is just thick laurel, hardwoods and a few streams. I've walked the latter and saw very little sign, so I need to keep looking.

06-Nov-22
Property owner showed me picture of yearling on property- same one I have on camera- the one and only deer on property so it seems- I hope she around next season

06-Nov-22
I get pictures on camera . Some bucks some does ! I think the most is a group of 4 . Last night on my ring camera in up stat NY where there isn’t many deer I had 7 run thru. Go figure.

06-Nov-22

Rackem's embedded Photo
Rackem's embedded Photo
Here you go BBB.

06-Nov-22

Rackem's embedded Photo
Rackem's embedded Photo
Here you go BBB.

06-Nov-22
Nice one Rackem!

06-Nov-22
That's just mean Rackem!! But what a nice buck!

06-Nov-22
HOWEVER,.......the pictures we should be sharing are big boys like that in one of Steve's sleds, with a guy knelling behind him with a big grin on his face,......the hunter's face, not the buck.

06-Nov-22
I'm headed out tomorrow, mid morning to an area with lots of grassy fields and some houses with ornamental shrubs for some good browse,.....along with some sand and streams, and 18 flags to mark the short grass areas. See how well I do :>) If I see a good buck I'll need to use my 3 iron.

06-Nov-22
BBB, you complain about not seeing deer this year, but have only hunted twice and are choosing to play golf instead of hunt the rut. Stop complaining and get in the woods.

06-Nov-22
If you re-read my prior post it says, (quote) "I've went to three different state land parcels, one small, one large and one VERY large. I walked for at least 5 miles through areas, never saw another hunter or any deer/sign either. I've only been in the stand twice.."

I probably could have said I "still hunted" (instead of walk) while covering approx 5 miles on three different areas of state land is in ADDITION to sitting in my treestand twice to avoid any confusion. And I'm not "complaining"! This is a hunting site where we're supposed to share our hunting experiences. EHD has decimated the herd in my area and I'm merely providing boots on the ground evidence of the same, I'm sharing my experiences. You see, I also have stated several times that I don't need to get a deer to enjoy time in the woods. Some on this site also criticize that approach, and that's fine, it's just their opinion and doesn't change how I hunt or post on this site. I have my game, you have yours. Enjoy your time in the woods, with or without deer. I'll let you know if I see any deer tomorrow on the golf course, and I'll also share my golf score, good or bad :>) ............... but I won't complain about it.

06-Nov-22
I just want to apologize to everyone who thinks I should spend ALL of my retirement hunting during the rut. I'm going to sell my golf clubs after my round tomorrow, sell my sports car, stop taking care of the yard, quit my fun job at Lowe's, and pitch a tent on state land in the NW corner. THEN, and only THEN will I be considered a real hunter.

06-Nov-22
Bbb new bucks are starting to show

06-Nov-22
The weather is supposed to go back to seasonal temps Tuesday, so I'll be headed back out then. No treestand, still hunt in a new area (actually old area I haven't hunted in years). Steep ridge, so it will be a good work out, and some great views from the top.

06-Nov-22
BBB it’s illegal to put up a tent on state land in CT. Good ole CT…..

06-Nov-22
My buddies farm fields are showing signs of rutting activity over just the last two days. A week later than normal.

06-Nov-22
“Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the solitude and peace of the woods, by not seeing game, any kind of game, makes feel like I'm just sitting in a tree,......not hunting.“

BBB, this sure seems like you are complaining about not seeing any deer this year. You’re going to talk about not seeing deer during the slower time of the season and then not go sit during the best part of the season. Instead of going to “still hunt” and stomp around the woods during the pre-rut and rut, sit travel corridors or down wind of doe bedding areas where these “big bucks” you say you hunt may be cruising looking for does. Steve is seeing them on his cameras… how many bucks do you have on yours?

06-Nov-22
Well, you see,.....Steve baits deer where he is, and I only hunt state land in the NW corner where that's illegal,......probably a stupid choice to hunt this year with EHD, but that's where I like to be in the woods. And I suppose you can also overlook all of the other guys who are having the same issue so far this year, no deer, no sign. I don't understand why when I say that I enjoy the solitude of the woods, that when I then add that I don't see deer sounds like complaining (I do admit it, you can read that into it if you want to). From now on I will l only post when I see lots of deer and shoot a big buck,....... but,..then I can be accused of bragging I suppose.

So remember guys, if you say it's warm out, you're complaining. If you say it's windy, you're complaining. If you say there's no moon, you're complaining. If say there's a tree rat running around, you're complaining. I gotta go make a list.

06-Nov-22
Still Hunting verb gerund or present participle: still-hunting; noun: still-hunting "hunt game stealthily; stalk."

This is the way I still hunt, no stomping involved. If I'm supposed to stomp I have to admit I never do that while still hunting, you'll have to show me how that's done. I don't use game cameras except in my back yard for the occasional bear, coyote and/or bobcat that wanders in my yard. If I had a bait bucket out in the woods, instead of a birdfeeder in my yard, I guess I would consider a trail camera, but like I said, that's illegal on state land, along with tents. Damn, and I wanted that tent. I wish someone had told me how to hunt the right way 50 years ago when I shot my first deer, I could have killed so many more of them by now.

06-Nov-22
BBB, with all due respect, you’ve shot two deer in the last 23-24 years. That’s a long time for anyone to be relevant with the way the deer herd has changed in CT. You don’t target big bucks….you don’t search them out, you don’t scout for them specifically, you don’t run trail cameras, you don’t hunt scrape or rub lines, you just shoot one if they happen by your stand. You’re still hunting during the best part of the hunting season…..the absolute hardest way to hunt a specific mature buck…or screw up another hunter’s hunt during the rut (think about that too). And I say these words kindly, so read them softly. I thought it should be said.

If you think Steve’s way of hunting allows him to target big bucks, go ask for permission where you can bait and do so. But don’t hate on where you hunt as an excuse you can’t find deer. You’re an ok guy on here most of the time…..unless it’s a war with the good Doc or a beaver thread. ;)

07-Nov-22
I'm really confused by comments made about the way I hunt! I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, said I "hunt" specific mature buck! What I've been consistently saying is I only SHOOT mature bucks, and I let doe and young bucks get a pass. You are 100% correct Blood when you say I don't TARGET a specific buck, I've never said that and I never will. Does that make me less of a hunter?

But I know how to find feeding areas, bedding areas, travel routes, and where other hunters enter the woods. I also know by not shooting the doe in the area that I have the best opportunity to see bucks, young, old and in between. And if an old buck comes by,..... That's my game.

I've also said I could never hunt the suburbs, or other small tracts of private land. I like being alone in the woods, no where near other hunters or someone blowing the leaves. Baiting is for those that like to hunt that way, but I like seeing the deer in the natural habitat, not drawing them in to a specific bait pile with trail cameras posted. That's not a criticism, just saying that game is not for me. I congratulate everyone who is successful, no matter where or how they succeed.

Blood - I have the greatest respect for you when it comes to hunting because you take it seriously,......I no longer do. When I was younger I lived for hunting, then shooting deer became easy, so I decided to switch to upland game with my dogs, and I decided deer hunting was going to be about enjoying the time in the woods and only taking mature bucks because I knew the herd was decreasing in the NW corner (that comment, was/is, confirmed by the DEEP, they don't kill deer either).

Someone doesn't need to kill deer to know what's going on in the woods? I walk during the rut THIS YEAR because there are no deer where I've been hunting previously, so I'm trying to determine if there are still deer in the area, how many and where are they. What confuses me so much about these last few posts is,..........why is anyone criticizing what I like to do?? I like to play golf, does that make me a bad hunter? I don't take hunting seriously,....does that piss you off for some reason?

Now, it's about the time spent in the woods, being quiet, away from the bad news on the TV, from social media, from work, from all of the material problems, and thinking about how lucky I am for the life I have,........ and it brings me closer to my creator.

Here's what everyone should take away from this bow site and my posts- enjoy YOUR hunt, not mine.

07-Nov-22
BBB, the beaver thread was creative . It's all in how it was perceived. They do fascinate,LOL. You're a casual hunter and that's OK. I'm not !!

07-Nov-22
Casual hunter,....I like that. Well put. I just don't take anything too seriously any more, except for family and friends.

07-Nov-22
Almost forgot something I said I would do yesterday on this post. I didn't see any deer on the golf course today, and I shot a 79 :>(,..........but boy was it a beautiful day.

07-Nov-22
BBB, Not sure what you mean by EHD. Nobody in Goshen Cornwall or Salisbury has mentioned it I've been scouting hunting and exploring the NW woods and haven't seen any dead Deer. I've found pockets of Deer and when I did they were easily huntable Its all about location, location location. Can't shoot a Booner if they don't exist, can't shoot a Doe if they don't live there.

My point is, I wasn't seeing my usual amount of Deer this October. But my cameras show them moving when I'm not there.

BTW --- I'm in Kentucky and all Hunters are complaining about lack of Deer. It's low 80's with very few acorn's. But this weekend it's in the 20's.

07-Nov-22
I have bucks today moving at 2:45 just to warm to go shoot anything. New guy showed last night at 6pm different spot.

07-Nov-22
I have bucks today moving at 2:45 just to warm to go shoot anything. New guy showed last night at 6pm different spot.

07-Nov-22

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
1 of 3

07-Nov-22
nehunter - you correct, I should not have said EHD "decimated" the herd in my area. I have no proof of that, just my opinion based upon comparing deer and deer sign for the last 10-12 years against what I'm finding this year. DEEP issued the report on EHD and that Kent is the main area impacted by the disease. No one can say with certainty what impact it has had on the deer herd since it's isolated to specific areas, not wide spread, and that's why I've been still hunting and scouting other areas. I'm not worried about it as far as hunting goes, I'm just concerned about the health of the herd where I hunt since MY experience has been very different this year.

A question for you Steve - these pockets of deer you're finding, State or Private land. I know you hunt private, not sure about state.

07-Nov-22

BBB's Link
Just to add one more note, the DEEP report attached shows a -91% decline in the deer harvest for the first month in Kent (only 1 deer killed) and -60% in Salisbury, where as Cornwall & Goshen show an increase. Can I say it's just due to EHD in Kent? Maybe. Or, could it be the mountain lions are taking over that part of the state. Now I gotta go practice my chipping, it was terrible today.

07-Nov-22
If you walked to the golf course everyday and the greens keeper said you couldn’t golf today……and every day you went back he told you the same thing, would you keep going to same golf course or would you go find another golf course? :0

07-Nov-22
BBB I hunt private and Aquarion. This spot have hunted for close to twenty years . We probably shot 2 does from her in 20 years we only shoot 3,5 and older. . We can’t control what people around use do . Still some deer on aquarion property too . But not what it was in the bay day .

07-Nov-22
Too funny Blood....good luck NE looking fwd to some pics, Deer camp in KY sounds pretty good to me. Jealous!

07-Nov-22
“Just to add one more note, the DEEP report attached shows a -91% decline in the deer harvest for the first month in Kent (only 1 deer killed)”

So last year there were all of 10?

Sample size matters!!

07-Nov-22
Blood - you must have missed the post where I stated I've been to three different state land areas, a small, a large, and a very large, and how I walked about 5 miles (I'm sorry, stilled hunted, no stomping involved) so I'm not playing the same golf course. A more accurate analogy would be going to same golf course and not having a good round, but still playing golf there. The woods aren't closed, so that seems to make more sense I think.

Corax - I guess you didn't read the DEEP report I attached. Their data stated that 18 deer were killed for the same period in Kent last year, and 1 this year. The -91% is based on a three year average which is probably a better way to compare YOY.

Let's play - GUESS WHO SAID THIS?? (My bets on BBB)

>Very slow season. Seen 1 and that was a small one. Hope picks up a little- I am seriously thinking of hanging it up for season. My area has no activity. That was Woodnut?? No way.

>Woods, it’s everywhere. Not just you. The woods are dead everywhere. It’s borderline ridiculous. Are there deer even in CT any longer? No sign, no cruising, no chasing, no feeding, nothing. I wish it was the early 2000’s again….. Make Bow Hunting Fun Again. Anyone -That was Blood. You have got to be kidding me!!! Say it's not true.

>Same here. Trail camera turned up nothing the past couple days. Doing another sit but I’m not too hopeful. That was SCT

>I don’t even see squirrels! And - By me, NW CT - seen zip. Last year at this time I saw at least a dozen deer & killed 1 already. Killed 2 last season. I’d be happy if I get a chance to even see one. That was UWShunter???

As soon as I find where I posted that they were complaining I'll let you know. And I'm still not seeing a lot of pictures of dead deer, or stories of near misses, so I guess this year is tough for most.

07-Nov-22

Coondog's embedded Photo
State Land
Coondog's embedded Photo
State Land
Got this guy between holes 11 and 12 this afternoon.

07-Nov-22
3 iron? Congrats! Nice to see some pictures of dead deer. Where's the story?

I'm headed out again tomorrow,....I let you guess if it's the golf course or woods.

07-Nov-22
Congrats Coondog!

07-Nov-22
Congrats Coondog!

08-Nov-22
Congrats Bud!!!

08-Nov-22
Nice one. I'm currently out. Nice and cool. Very little wind. I didn't kick anything out of the fields and I haven't seen anything trying to cross. It's definitely a better gun property. Gonna give it until 830 then move a stand down the road for tonight's festivities. Good luck to all who are out

08-Nov-22
Congrats!!

08-Nov-22
Went out this am, saw a doe, two yearlings and a spike buck, no chasing, just browsing. They never came close to my stand location (nothing I would shoot anyway), but nice to see something out there.

08-Nov-22
Wow Bob, did you go to a different golf course… and what hole did you see those deer on? :)

08-Nov-22

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
I decided to go to another spot this morning. Would have been nice to tag on the first morning sit.

08-Nov-22

BBB's Link
Gotta check it out for yourself Blood, can't give away all my secret spots. Also saw a lot of turkeys, so that's the second flock I've seen this fall.

08-Nov-22
Coondog, congrats

08-Nov-22
NE, good luck bud! You’ll get a slammer 100%

BBB, so were you golfing or hunting on the golf course today? You can pretty close to them on a golf cart.

08-Nov-22
I'll be 72 in December, play in two golf leagues, and they call me the "Walker" in both because I carry my bag and walk. So I don't use a golf cart to get close to deer.

Steve - BBB RT630? Good luck in Kentucky !

09-Nov-22

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo
Hey what a coincidence!!!,They call me the walker too..

09-Nov-22
Haha!

09-Nov-22
There's was another young girl I was seeing,..........then I lost my binoculars.

09-Nov-22
Yesterday I woke up 415am and headed to NY to hunt. As I'm about to walk into the woods, my phone blows up with 2 new bucks in CT sparring. A 6pt and a really 8pt. Too late to turn around so I hunt NY see a doe, fawn, coyote, a tom and jake. no bucks. So midday I head back to CT to hunt 12pm - dark. At 320pm I hear a mack truck coming through the thick stuff so I get my bow ready, it's going to be a close shot. and out pops a black bear. Probably the one I get on cam every few weeks. I take some cool videos on my iphone and when He gets to within 10 yards i yell at him to go away. He runs 20 yards and comes back. This happened 3 times. No fear whatsoever. He was digging away at the leaves on the ground so must be hungry. He finally walked away and then walked in front of my cell cam. No deer seen. oh well, but i guess it was cool to see the bear. it took a lot in me not to shoot lol.

09-Nov-22

CTBobcat's embedded Photo
Bear screenshot from video

09-Nov-22

trail cam pic after he finally left me alone

09-Nov-22

Bucks sparring

09-Nov-22
Had 2 does and a small 4 pointer come through this morning. The buck walked right past them and they didn’t seem to be getting chased.

09-Nov-22
BBB, you sure it's not because you look like the Walking Dead?

09-Nov-22
I heard the golf course was uphill both ways…

09-Nov-22
And don't forget about the mud on those hills!

09-Nov-22
When I play golf they call me “the slicer”

10-Nov-22
BBB, I searched for you're USGA CT handicap and nothing comes up. You're not keeping one?

10-Nov-22
Neither league I play in uses the USGA handicap system. When I ran the league for Stanley some 40 years ago I used the USGA process and I was as low as an 8, but today I'm closer to a 12 or 13. Are you asking because you think I need to use more than a 3 iron to take down a buck?

10-Nov-22
Not many people can hit a 3 iron I'd stick with the rescue club. 12 handicap for 18 holes is pretty good for someone in their 70s

10-Nov-22
My golf game has mirrored my hunting game. From really serious, to just enjoying the day outside. When I was younger I would be pissed if I didn't score in the 70's after all that practice, now 70's or 80's,.... I'm enjoying my day out,

10-Nov-22
Can't believe it's prime rut and we're talking Golf handicaps.

Any other Bowsite "serious" golfer's?

Maybe get together with a bunch of guys in the Spring and play at BBB's hunting spots?

10-Nov-22
When I played I was happy to get under 100 .

10-Nov-22
I've been out 3 times the past 5 days. Only turkeys...

At noon today, I was on my way out the door for more 'fun' in the woods..

My wife asked me to play golf.. just got back playing 9.... Enough said.

I'll play..

10-Nov-22
Sounds like fun

10-Nov-22
When I started this thread a week ago there were several comments that said, "wait till next week." It's now next week, and it seems like more of us are more disappointed in activity now, then we were a week ago since this is supposed to be PRIME time for the rut. What's going on? It can't be just acorns because I've had years when there were no acorns but I still saw tracks, droppings, rubs, scrapes, and deer. l'm going out next Tuesday to a different section of the same forest (never hunted it before) to see if it's any different. There are grassy fields and hardwoods, so we'll see.

10-Nov-22
It’s not about getting a deer , it’s about getting the right deer . lOL

10-Nov-22
Its kicked in. My son's spot in suffield had four scrapes and a mature buck that showed. One of my spots in Coventry had the same.

10-Nov-22
Finally found a scrape today. Actually two, under same wimpy branch.

10-Nov-22
Positive signs for sure. Now let's see some positive pics.

10-Nov-22
Going out in the am for a sit before rain. Checked 2 cams on Monday. 5:1....coyotes to deer pics. Great.

10-Nov-22
Saw bucks chasing today. Unfortunately I was on one side of the river and they were on the other.

11-Nov-22

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
The rut is definitely on. Bigger bucks just started popping up on my cameras on a few different state land spots. Finding fresh rubs and scrapes as well. Just gotta hit it right one of the coming days before shotgun opens up and I can’t hunt here anymore (one of the stupidest regs we have).

11-Nov-22
It must be on, my son said CTDOT Putnam picked up 15 road kills yesterday from Plainfield/Killingly line to MA border on I395. Could just be because that's where the grass is on side of highway.

11-Nov-22
I had a really nice buck chasing two does 120 yards past my stand at 9:35 this morning. Then I bumped a buck and doe in a bunch of thick stuff on my way out around 11:00. Three brand new scrapes found on my way out too.

11-Nov-22
I had a really nice buck chasing two does 120 yards past my stand at 9:35 this morning. Then I bumped a buck and doe in a bunch of thick stuff on my way out around 11:00. Three brand new scrapes found on my way out too.

11-Nov-22
I may hunt NY tomorrow PM, then CT Monday, then head to Western NY for the rifle opener next weekend.

15-Nov-22

Shot this 6 pt with 16" inside spread in Rockland County, NY on saturday PM around 315pm. Yesterday hunted CT morning and afternoon. No deer seen, 1 red fox seen and more bear pics.

15-Nov-22
Nice work bobcat! I shot a deer almost identical last year

15-Nov-22
another bear pic today at 330pm in CT. annoying at this point

15-Nov-22
Very nice ct, congrats

15-Nov-22
Congrats, missing my CT deer hunting big time!

15-Nov-22
Nice job CTBobcat.

• Sitka Gear