WV Mountaineer 13-Nov-22
Babysaph 14-Nov-22
Nyati 16-Nov-22
Nyati 16-Nov-22
Nyati 16-Nov-22
Nyati 16-Nov-22
koogie 22-Nov-22
03-Nov-22
I believe today made 8 out of my last 9 spots that I have not seen a single deer. Have done my best to rotate stands and hunt them on the right winds.

People that hunt near me are seeing very little movement as well.

Curious if this is isolated to our area or if others across the state are seeing the same thing?

03-Nov-22
Double Post.

03-Nov-22
Seein rubs & scrapes, no bucks crusin yet.

04-Nov-22
There is so much food in most areas, I believe everyone is basically in the same boat if there isn’t much agriculture around.

I saw deer early season. I’ve seen deer every hunt I’m around agriculture. But, in big woods, they just aren’t moving around a lot. Started seeing rubs and scrapes two weeks ago. But, it’s intensifying now. It’s about to blow wide open.

04-Nov-22
Could happen any day. They definitely aren’t hitting the hay fields the way they do when the acorns dry up. You’re most likely right and they are still piled up on an acorn patch I haven’t been to yet.

05-Nov-22
I am in the same boat. Saw deer earlier but not many now. I havnt seen any chasing yet. Weird year . I have seen some deer when traveling late in the evenings in the fields.

05-Nov-22
Went to Morgantown yesterday saw quite a few deer along the interstate both alive and dead.

Saw a few deer this morning - almost shot a small doe to get my pup started on tracking but decided to wait for a little bit bigger one.

05-Nov-22
Just get some blood. That’s what I did with several dogs I had and taught them when they were young. I had a beagle bulldog mix that was unreal finding them. When you looked at her you would not have believed it. Lol. But she found a couple for me in our “walks”.

05-Nov-22
Just get some blood. That’s what I did with several dogs I had and taught them when they were young. I had a beagle bulldog mix that was unreal finding them. When you looked at her you would not have believed it. Lol. But she found a couple for me in our “walks”.

05-Nov-22
Real tracking dogs don’t go by blood scent

05-Nov-22
Mine was not a real one. But he found deer I hit. In fact he was a mutt. A mix breed.

05-Nov-22
You are right. I looked it up but my dog found the price at the end of the blood trail when she was little. I guess she really followed the interdigital gland but I always had blood at the point of the shot.

09-Nov-22
This season has been tough, no to little mast here where I live/hunt. Deer are finally starting to move a little. With this warm weather the last week or so I didn't have desire to hunt in 75+ degrees.

10-Nov-22
Yea same here. Not much daytime movement

10-Nov-22
Seems to be slowly picking up now.

I’ve at least seen a deer every evening so far this week.

Monday I saw a lone doe feeding on acorns and passed. Tuesday from the same are I saw a nice buck I would have gladly shot cruising about 100 yards up the hill and towards another stand I have. Wind was bad for the other stand or I may have been in it…. Wind switched so I went to that stand yesterday and had what I believe was the same line doe from Monday feed by me.

Have seen multiple small bucks the past couple of nights picking my son up from basketball practice.

10-Nov-22
yea I saw a small 4 yesterday chasing

11-Nov-22
Had plenty of does come through no Bucks as of yet, most movement is between 7:00 and 8:00 in the morning more about 30 minutes before dark, just starting to see scrapes, a lot of nocturnal movement.

11-Nov-22

Paul Dickey 's embedded Photo
Did take a doe the other evening
Paul Dickey 's embedded Photo
Did take a doe the other evening

13-Nov-22
I am still seeing bucks together. Have 4 on 1 camera

13-Nov-22
I was in Monroe county this morning. I saw 6 bucks and a dozen or so doe’s. I saw a bunch of deer yesterday too. 3 bucks and about a dozen doe’s. One mega eight point.

Every buck I saw today was looking and the ones I saw while doe’s were in sight, went and checked the doe’s.

It’s a good time to be in the woods.

14-Nov-22
It is. I’m siting on the ground as we speak. Waiting for a trophy spike lol

16-Nov-22

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
Out running around this morning and deer are out running around

16-Nov-22

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo

16-Nov-22
Sorry, image tool on site won’t rotate them. IDK why

16-Nov-22

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo

22-Nov-22

koogie's embedded Photo
koogie's embedded Photo
I saw this one Saturday morning along with 3 others thru the day, all shooters. The bleak new report reminded me of Kansas, nothing happening till the 14th but I left on the 13th. Late there too.

• Sitka Gear