ARLOW 23-Nov-22
Blood 23-Nov-22
BBB 23-Nov-22
soapdish 23-Nov-22
nehunter 23-Nov-22
BBB 23-Nov-22
Rackem 23-Nov-22
10-Nov-22
Had many pics of does and bucks October and early Novemeber...now..squat..any ideas

10-Nov-22
Camera still working? I would say the food source has changed. Deer have moved on to another food source.

10-Nov-22
Cameras all work..we thinking same..food source What do u think they are feeding on with no acorns??

10-Nov-22
Arborvitae’s, and peoples lawns. Also green briar. Find briars. Lots of them.

10-Nov-22
The deer I've seen are on corn and browse.

10-Nov-22
Thanks for resonses...bit frustrating

10-Nov-22
One cell cam dead lately. Other cell cam on travel corridor through briers still very active but mostly at night. Will check others this weekend with rain to cover my intrusion….so much for the small watering hole oasis I found in August. I assume they will have found plenty of other drinking areas by now.

11-Nov-22
My cams are active again, a couple of weeks ago the only pics were from trees in the wind.

11-Nov-22
I have ghost deer on mine. A lot of pictures of nothing and no reason for the camera to trigger ....no wind, squirrel, sun light etc.....gotta be a ghost

11-Nov-22
Soap, I just got sick of the false pictures and pulled the SD card. I used a big desktop computer screen and a couple of flying Squirrels we're going up and down the tree.

11-Nov-22
Also I’ve had my cam go off to shadows from the sun as well. But you would be surprised when the wind just blows a fern alittle and it sets off the cam. Also, don’t forget about the sun always point cam north. I have also gotten pictures with nothing and like NE said view it further and you might see a squirrel that you just didn’t notice. I looked back at a picture the other day and scanned and saw a little red squirrel on the side of the tree.

11-Nov-22
Since I never used trail cams I'm just wondering if you don't get any pictures do you not hunt? How does that impact your motivation to go out? I'm always anxious to see what's out there, I just never know, .......no positive or negative motivation.

11-Nov-22
Checking my cameras has always been half the fun. Never know what you might get. I enjoy getting pics year round. With regard to hunting, I dont get too bummed out if Im not getting pics. They may be there behind the camera. I make note of time of day and the direction they are heading to look for patterns. With the cell cams I correlate pics with the weather at the time I get them. Also fun to compare to the Drury deercast ap (free version). Some days it says will be poor and I get pics. Some days that are supposed to be great are quiet. I think the algorithm the deercast ap uses is based on midwest farm deer activity.

12-Nov-22
There have been times when a cam ( I only own 3 cheapies) has been directly responsible for taking a buck . The family enjoys the pics and the cam placement. A pic of a slammer keeps me in the stand for longer periods of time. It's in a word, "fun".

12-Nov-22
My head is - "I wonder how the deer situation is my area, let's go out and see how it is." Compared to not seeing pictures would make me think, "Crap, there's no deer around, guess I'll stay home." My family does enjoy the pics from the camera in my backyard.

12-Nov-22
If there’s limited pics or small bucks…..and your cameras have soaked for quite a while, you can’t expect much if you hunt there. But if you start getting day time pics, the excitement is heightened to hunt that spot. BBB that’s why you run multiple cameras over scrapes to see your inventory in an area. You should grab a few cell cams….then when you’re golfing, you can get pics of deer in your area sent directly to your phone.

12-Nov-22
Lmao...watch the spelling bro!!

12-Nov-22
I edited it. ;)

12-Nov-22
The cameras help with the hunt. It helps me decide if a morning or afternoon sit would be best, and what location to hunt. But there is another fun part to the cameras, they capture shots of wildlife in the area, bobcats, for, owls, mink and fisher. I would probably put cameras out even if I did not hunt.

12-Nov-22

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

14-Nov-22
Ghost deer came to life. Had does show up tonight just outside a super thicket

22-Nov-22

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
Here is a Mass bow kill from yesterday. 17 points 195" would have been over 200" if a tine didn't break.. The hunter is the son I never had. Everybody in the town has been trying to kill it. It's either 8 or 9 years old.

I can't wait to see it as I'm driving home from Texas right now

22-Nov-22
I guess I put it under the wrong thread LoL

22-Nov-22
Saw that one on instagram. He’s enormous

22-Nov-22
Amazing buck!

22-Nov-22
Now that's an old buck. Just awesome, that's all I can say.

22-Nov-22
MA has the most incredible big bucks. I cannot believe how many monsters come out of MA.

23-Nov-22
Whoa. The mass on his tines is more that most get on beams!! Good for him that's a very special deer. Glad it wasn't poached

23-Nov-22
nehunter - I'm guessing western part of the state?

23-Nov-22
Wow, what a stud.

23-Nov-22
BBB, No Boston suburbs

23-Nov-22
Monsters in Eastern MA.

23-Nov-22
Was it near Canton? My daughter and son in law lived there and he showed some preserve where they held a hunt that was protested by the animal lovers.

23-Nov-22
I remember watching a documentary on deer hunting near Boston years back.

23-Nov-22
BBB - Metrowest. 495/90

23-Nov-22
Ahh,that's NW of Canton, not that it matters, that's huge buck in any location. Now my daughter and son in law live in Missouri, and there's great hunting not far from their house, about an hour's ride, like going to the NW corner of CT from Southington.

23-Nov-22
Wow, what a buck, love the kickers on it.

• Sitka Gear