BBB 08-Dec-22
Anchor point 08-Dec-22
N8tureBoy 08-Dec-22
BBB 08-Dec-22
Anchor point 08-Dec-22
BBB 08-Dec-22
11-Nov-22

Blood's Link
How can the governor of NJ declare a bear season without due process of passing a law? Is that all it takes?

Can Lamont make the same executive order in CT?

11-Nov-22
I wouldn't even have to leave my home for that.

11-Nov-22
I mean he did make that executive order two years ago to open trout season year round. Don’t see why that same thing wouldn’t apply to opening a bear season.

11-Nov-22
They already had a bear season so he just has to rescind his executive order. You guys want a bear go to Sussex county I saw more bears in one week then my entire life in MA it’s unreal.

11-Nov-22
They already had a bear season so he just has to rescind his executive order. You guys want a bear go to Sussex county I saw more bears in one week then my entire life in MA it’s unreal.

11-Nov-22
Every state is different. It may be that easy for Lamont, but doubt he would do it. HIS voter group is against it. It may be a legislative thing, in which case it will never happen when dems control 2/3 of house. It SHOULD be DEEP's decision based on wildlife biology, carrying capacity, etc.

11-Nov-22
I wish we got one. I posted in another thread I had a nice bear 10-15 yards from me on tuesday while bowhunting in CT

11-Nov-22
I went to Canada 2 times the stands are set 8 to 10 feet high . When they come in there real close .

11-Nov-22
I was on the ground. The most exhilarating way to hunt (no blind)

11-Nov-22
I'm pretty sure "laws" are created in the General Assembly and sent to the Governor for signing. It may be different for wildlife changes, no idea.

11-Nov-22

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
I just found this picture on my cell camera. This is the 2nd photo I have of 5 Bears, the other one was 8 miles away in Goshen

11-Nov-22
That's a lot of bears!

11-Nov-22
Damn I’m definitely in on the first CT season of it ever happens.

11-Nov-22
In October I almost had a bear season on my property as this 250lb plus bear was 20 yards from my stand. If he started heading towards me - my 357 was ready. No bear season is just bs!

11-Nov-22
Nehunter when I draw a tag I am going with you lOL

11-Nov-22
I've been Bear hunting all over North America since 1990. I used to appreciate them, now I can't stand them. I consider CT Bears a menace, like a Rat. They ruin my hunts, ruin my trail camera's, kill the Apple tree's, and scare all the Deer away.

I'll invite everyone to kill them on my private property permission spot's.

11-Nov-22
Well said NE. Bear certainly don’t help the deer population. These lib politicians think they’re teddy bears. Until one of their kids get mauled, bear season is def not happening.

12-Nov-22
Agree with ne and UWS. I do not want to see them on my CT. hunts. When one of the heads of H+F deflected the question of a bear season by calling CT" bear country", it was a pathetic response to a growing problem.

12-Nov-22
NE - I'll pick up some claymores and flame throwers to prepare. :>)

12-Nov-22
Meanwhile, CT residents continue to support the economy of other states by purchasing nonresident licenses, paying outfitters, taxidermists, buying food, gas etc so they can hunt bears out of state.

13-Nov-22
Governor Murphy of NJ announced that he is re-opening the bear hunt. The same guy who shut it down. CT is next.

13-Nov-22
One can only hope Ace!

15-Nov-22
Had another one on camera at 517am yesterday right before i walked into the woods.

01-Dec-22
And NJ strikes down the bear hunt yet again due to Animal rights activists. CT gonna be an uphill battle.

01-Dec-22
Yeah really messed up. People think with their emotions too much. If the activists had their way, all hunting in this country would be banned.

01-Dec-22
Yeah really messed up. People think with their emotions too much. If the activists had their way, all hunting in this country would be banned.

01-Dec-22
Yup, don't kill animals to eat them, kill the unborn though. Makes perfect sense???????

06-Dec-22
NJ bear season is back open.

06-Dec-22
On local NBC news tonight - bear makes a den in the hollow of a tree (about 20 feet off the ground) in West Hartford, between two houses, and plans to stay the winter. Resident called DEEP who said there's nothing they can do, so the residents put together a petition and now DEEP says they are putting together a plan. I'll also bet the resident said they were going to news with their reply.

06-Dec-22
Nothing they can do? A nice .308 days otherwise. Cut the tree down! I’d be dammed if I have my family of young kids that close. Then the gw says nothing he can do. Ok no problem I’ll take care of it then.

07-Dec-22
Just watched it on the news kinda funny the bear just looking out no worries.

07-Dec-22
Yeah, he's just chilling in that tree.

08-Dec-22
Meanwhile West Hartford would fine me big time if I built a tree house in my yard without getting a permit

08-Dec-22
I would hate to think what they would do if you built a treehouse over the bear's little den in that tree.

08-Dec-22
Who’s asks to built a tree house. Built it. The town don’t pay your taxes Fthem.

08-Dec-22
Its WeHa, Anchor point. I need a permit to pick my nose….

08-Dec-22
Hey anchor, weren't you the one saying the law is the law?

08-Dec-22
It was sarcasm bbb. And damn. Well that’s what you get for living with the rich!!!!! $$$$!!!! I live with the rich also. Sucks.

08-Dec-22
Just wondering, can't always tell when you're reading the words.

• Sitka Gear