UWShunter 13-Nov-22
Brian M. 13-Nov-22
Blood 13-Nov-22
longbeard 13-Nov-22
Cnichols73 13-Nov-22
12-Nov-22

Hoytman2's embedded Photo
Hoytman2's embedded Photo
10 days ago I posted a thread called Motivation. My daughter and I got our mounts back from taxidermist. Well I kept at it and at 12:45, midday, this nice 8 came cruising thru. Long drag in 70 degree heat, but all worth it. Keep at it, you never know what might show up.

12-Nov-22
Nice! That cover looks like where every deer is hanging out this year. What part of the state?

12-Nov-22
Congrats! Great mid day buck! Any time of the day for that matter!

12-Nov-22
Congratulations, nice buck.

12-Nov-22
Congrats. What zone are you in?

12-Nov-22
EXACTLY where are you hunting? :>)

12-Nov-22
All of the deer are from NY. I hunt within spitting distance of the CT border in North Salem I choose to post on the CT forum because 1. I hunt so very close to the state line. 2. The NY forum is non-existent. 3. The CT forum members seem more friendly as well as knowledgeable. I have hunted Sherman, New Milford, and New Fairfield in the past, however I have secured exclusive sole permission in North Salem and the deer are undisturbed.

12-Nov-22
I’m seeing plenty of turkey & some squirrels. Haven’t had any recent run-ins with black bear.

12-Nov-22
I know some of the CT forum members get together for a dinner after the season. I would like to try and attend if you all would have me.

12-Nov-22
Hoytman - I think you're pretty disturbing for the deer,......a better handle for you is the Whackman.

12-Nov-22
Congrats nice deer !

13-Nov-22
Hoyt - This is a CT hunting forum. Majority here are experiencing horrible season in terms of seeing deer & harvest. Ya probably should’ve mentioned you’re hunting in a different state irrespective of proximity to CT. That’s just me.

13-Nov-22
That deer looks like he belongs on the geezer thread. Nice going congrats!

13-Nov-22
Hoyt, nice going

13-Nov-22
UWShunter, I apologize for not mentioning NY deer in original post. My handle states I am from NY, and when asked where I was hunting, while I didn't give GPS coordinates, I did mention state and town. I guarantee this deer walked from Zone 11, Ridgefield, as I'm only 80 yards from state line. I find Zone 11 has exact same conditions as my area. I've experienced the exact same conditions as the other hunters on here, no deer, no acorns, and warm weather, hence my last statement of encouragement, Keep at It. I feel/felt the pain that other members on here are going thru.

13-Nov-22
Congrats on your deer Hoyt.

13-Nov-22
Nice buck Hoyt, congrats.

13-Nov-22
Hoytman, that’s a definite yes on the dinner. You’re invited. Shawn puts the dinner together every year. Last year's was very good. He always does a nice job for everyone involved. He usually posts about it sometime in December/January to get a head count. Congrats again on an awesome buck.

13-Nov-22
Way to go Hoytman. Doesn’t matter which state you got the deer in when they are that close state to state. Deer don’t know state boarders. I do the same as you hunting mainly in Ct but have a spot in Bedford. Congrats!

13-Nov-22
Congrats hoytman, pay no mind to uwshunters comment, he's just showing you some in ct aren't very friendly either. Keep posting here, saves me from having to browse bordering state forums to see how their season is going. ??

• Sitka Gear