buck chaser 14-Nov-22
Pat Lefemine 14-Nov-22
buck chaser 15-Nov-22
Boris 15-Nov-22
Pat Lefemine 15-Nov-22
Old Reb 16-Nov-22
btnbuck 17-Nov-22
14-Nov-22
Does using a release make it easier to come to full draw?What are the benefits of using one?

14-Nov-22
I don't understand your question. "Come to full draw" meaning; does it make drawing easier?

15-Nov-22
Can you pull the string back easier with one?

15-Nov-22
To a degree, you don't have to worry too much if your fingers get cold. Not like shooting with fingers. But remember, drawing 60 lbs. is drawing 60 lbs. whether it is with fingers or release.

15-Nov-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Yes, but to what extent depends on the design, I have always preferred the wrist strap release and that allows you to use your wrist as leverage when drawing. The thumb release design does not work as well IMO but since it’s like a T-handle it does assist with the draw.

I’ve tried them all and I can’t find anything I like better than my Inexpensive Tru-Ball stinger. But it’s all personal preference.

16-Nov-22
One of the benefits of using a release is improved accuracy. As long as you don't punch the trigger.

17-Nov-22
The only way a release makes it easier is you don't get finger pinch (depending on the length of your bow) Most likely it will make you more accurate provided you learn to shoot it correctly and get one that has a smooth trigger pull.

I prefer hand held one vs a wrist strap but to each their own. (Don't swat a skeeter on your forehead with the hand that has a release on it) Just sayin.

• Sitka Gear