2Wild Bill 21-Nov-22
nehunter 21-Nov-22
Coondog 21-Nov-22
2Wild Bill 23-Nov-22
JohnNWCT 23-Nov-22
15-Nov-22
Good luck for those going out with gun - wear your orange-

16-Nov-22
Went all day but only saw some spooked does streak across a cut corn field 300 yards away.

16-Nov-22
I was out all day and heard zero gunshots, strange for my area northeast ct

17-Nov-22
Heard 3 shots yesterday afternoon. That was it.

17-Nov-22
Yes. It was very quiet. Heard 1 or 2 shots. Nothing -walked by me that’s for sure- my season been a bust. Hanging it all up by the weekend- first time in years that I got skunked- just nothing moving in my area -

17-Nov-22
I don't understand this season, period! Some have said wait until next week, or wait until the temp drops, or hunt the fields, or hunt the really thick stuff. Nothing has worked out, just not seeing deer. Now with the gun season being open I would have expected to hear gun shots, but I've heard zero!! That's never happened before.

17-Nov-22

17-Nov-22
I have seen a crazy amount of deer this season. This has been by far my best for sightings. Not sure what I did right. Did a lot of scouting last Jan- march. Then golfed and stayed out. I am Hunting ma now that gun is open in ct.

17-Nov-22
Went yesterday afternoon saw 12 turkeys no deer and didn’t hear any shots . Had 3 bucks in the afternoon at a bow spot .

17-Nov-22
Anchor - you, maybe a couple of others, have been the exception this season. I'm retired so I have a lot time in the woods the last few years, but this season they have vanished. I'm headed out early next week, so hopefully things change.

17-Nov-22
I heard only 3 shots. All after sunset. Lol

17-Nov-22
I’m seeing plenty of turkey. Bumped 1 doe! Got some deer on my security cams @ 1:30am

Hopefully drop in weather gets some action.

Perhaps another component affecting deer population is Bears! Deers hate bear & I know I have a few on my land.

Hey Anchor - you hunting in NY? Just kidding

17-Nov-22
Lot of deer on camera middle of the day !

18-Nov-22
Had to work and then go to funeral in NY. Saturday will be first day out with shotgun for me. Hoping the big one on trail cam is still in the vicinity.

19-Nov-22
I wish I hunted ny. I just found the right spot in the off-season I guess. Get lucky every once in awhile. Ha.

19-Nov-22
First Saturday of Firearm, whose out there, Gun or bow?

I’m in, rifle and a revolver today. We’ll see what we see.

Good luck, be safe!!

19-Nov-22
First Saturday of Firearm, whose out there, Gun or bow?

I’m in, rifle and a revolver today. We’ll see what we see.

Good luck, be safe!!

19-Nov-22
GL guys!!!frosty 26*

19-Nov-22
I'm in a tree with my bow right now and I just heard 2 shots.

19-Nov-22
I got up to go then decided to pheasant hunt with my son and pointer. Will go out this afternoon.

19-Nov-22
Saw nothing. 3 squirrels. My cams & security cams seeing deer. Tough season. Last year by this time already had 2.

19-Nov-22
I'm home with a sinus infection. Cold dry air makes it so much worse. No rifle season till after Thanksgiving for me

Good luck everyone.

19-Nov-22
Nothing for me. Sat til 10:00 with bow. Two squirrels.

Son gun hunting, saw a fisher. Sat til 10:30.

20-Nov-22
Love my old 12ga. Rem.1100, cantilevered slug barrel, 3-9x scope . Almost time for it to come to life Nov. 28 in Mass.

20-Nov-22
I took the 870 out the other day . Nothing showed

20-Nov-22
Isn't it sad that Remington went chapter 11 for the second time. Remington (Illion,NY) was one of my long time customer's and corporate greed ruined it.

I was told they sold the rights to the 870 to a private group.

870 is probably the most widely purchased gun in the world.

20-Nov-22
BD - my Remington 1100 is at the Wolcott Sportsman Trading Post, it's for sale. Got rid of all my guns, just no interest in them any more and I hate to see things rot.

20-Nov-22
BBB, in today’s day in age it’s probably not a good thing to announce that you’re unarmed and helpless…

20-Nov-22
Coon - I'm considering a handgun. I had a S&W model 19, 357 mag years ago as a back up gun for hunting in Maine with my semi 308 Winchester. From what I can tell, the most recommended concealed carry gun is a 9mm and ammo is readily available, according to the internet. But you're so right, protecting yourself is more important than ever these days. Sad.

21-Nov-22

2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
2Wild Bill's embedded Photo
"the most recommended concealed carry gun is a 9mm and ammo is readily available"

I knew a guy whose wife worked at Bridgeport Hospital ER. She claimed that most of the gunshot victims from a 9mm survived, whereas, .22, .45 and .357 victims died. I remember thinking that had more to do with marksmanship.

21-Nov-22
My biggest customers are gun mfg's. SIG P365(NH) is the best carry one they sell. Ruger Security 9(NH), KAHR PM9 (Worcester Ma), and locally made the Mossberg MC2 is a new one to the market.

I work on new manufacturing methods daily for making these and many other models and calibers. WildBill is spot on - Marksmanship is the key not caliber size.

21-Nov-22
I used to work at Hoffman’s. The most popular, and most reliable, concealed carry guns are the Sig P365 line, Glock 43X, Smith & Wesson Shield Plus, and Springfield Hellcat. All 9mm. Not many people carry revolvers anymore; five or six rounds vs 10 rounds (in this state…) and much faster reloads with extra mags. The micro compacts are very nice for concealability, but you do lose shootabilty because of the short barrels. I prefer to carry a Glock 19 (9mm) or an FN Five-seveN (5.7x28mm) for my EDC.

23-Nov-22
Coondog :) "and much faster reloads with extra mags"

"Much" is debatable, see for yourself.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=speed+reloading+a+revolver+video&view=detail&mid=33475080046C1CDF84C833475080046C1CDF84C8&FORM=VIRE

23-Nov-22
My son and I have been playing cat and mouse with a few doe that last few times out. Gonna switch it up a bit tomorrow, see what happens. Got a few day light bucks on camera. Good luck all.

• Sitka Gear