Anchor point 17-Nov-22
soapdish 17-Nov-22
Brian M. 17-Nov-22
soapdish 17-Nov-22
JohnNWCT 17-Nov-22
UWShunter 18-Nov-22
N8tureBoy 18-Nov-22
15-Nov-22
With gun starting do you think we will see a big change tomorrow? Figure lot more people in the woods pushing deer around.

15-Nov-22
Lol. There’s less gun hunters than bow hunters. I think the next 2-3 weeks will be much improved with movement because of the rut.

15-Nov-22
Not sure I understand why you're asking if gun season will impact bow hunting which will close on state land except bow only areas. Private land would need to be near the gunners to have them push deer your way. Is that what you're asking?

16-Nov-22
CT can’t use bows during gun season??? Interesting.

16-Nov-22
They can on private land and bow only area. Have to wear orange walking to and from stand .

16-Nov-22
Ahhh. Mass we can bowhunt the entire season. Just need to follow orange requirements 500” on chest and back and a orange hat. We can also use muzzleloader during shotgun because that too is considered a “lesser” weapon.

16-Nov-22
Bob I just took a ride by Nathan Hale State Forest. Cars everywhere and I can see orange moving in the woods. The invasion has stated.

16-Nov-22
There will be fewer deer in the woods one week from now. No doubt

16-Nov-22
Out now lots of deer feeding

16-Nov-22
There’s deer in Nathan Hale forest? News to me.

16-Nov-22
One of my properties is not that far away.....send em over

16-Nov-22
Going north his afternoon. See what happens.

16-Nov-22
Just was crawling through the woods on private land trailing 6 does but no bucks

16-Nov-22
My cameras were quiet all night. Which was not the case for the past several nights. No doubt due to the storm. But since daylight they’ve been notifying my phone constantly. At one of my spots there must be a doe coming in heat because I’ve had 4 different buck on camera there since 7:30 am

16-Nov-22
Strike while the iron is hot!

16-Nov-22
Any decent deer shot for opening day of gun?

16-Nov-22
Went this afternoon only saw 12 turkeys .

16-Nov-22
I'll be out Saturday early morning, but it's suppose to be in the low 20's.

16-Nov-22
There’s guys on here that use a gun? I’ll be out with the bow suffering till the end of the year.

16-Nov-22
I'll be using my bow til end of year also. Will be out in the morning with my son. I will hear him shoot, he won't hear me.

16-Nov-22
Unless I see a need for the use of a bow, deer within 500'....I will be using the greater weapon. As far as today goes....I didn't get out till way after first light. This evening was windy and 7 deer were where our (my son and I) other option was. Tomorrow is another day

16-Nov-22
I hunt hundreds of acres of oaks. (No swing sets) so I'll be using my .300 WSM. It feels like cheating but I need the advantage on my properties.

I would choose my bow over rifle if i had to make a choice.

16-Nov-22

nehunter's embedded Photo
My target Buck was shot today. Oh well, got a few more to chase.

16-Nov-22
nehunter - so everyone else knows, that's not you holding that rack :>( Get a bigger one! Good luck in Kentuck!

17-Nov-22
Holy smokes do you know the weight? He looks super heavy

17-Nov-22

It wasn't weighed. Not that I've heard. We shot 3 out of 4 in Kentucky. On my way home now.

17-Nov-22

It wasn't weighed. Not that I've heard. We shot 3 out of 4 in Kentucky. On my way home now.

17-Nov-22
300 wsm is hard to come by these days. Not a big demand for it. Great round

17-Nov-22
Congrats must have been fun!

17-Nov-22

soapdish's embedded Photo
Yep.... today I saw this guy about 100 yards out around 8. I was on the ground between an old stump and a tree. I moved around the tree and kneeled on the ground with the stump as a rest. I gave him a couple of grunts and he came in to 35 yards. Took the shot and he ran by me at 10 yards all the way down the hill a couple 100 yards and ended up about 100 yards from my truck. 9 pt. Weighed in at 160.

17-Nov-22
Sorry, this is bow site, please remove your post!! Just kidding. Congrats on getting a nice buck, and having a short drag is the icing on the cake. How was the wind where you were?

17-Nov-22
Nice work!

17-Nov-22
2 short drags in 1 season is not permitted..CONGRATS BUD!!!!

17-Nov-22
Nice Soap!

17-Nov-22
The wind this morning was almost non-existent. Currently it's light and variable. I got my older son out with me this evening. He's been working hard with school and is about to wrap it up and begin his career. I put him in a field edge stand where there have been 8 does in it just about every night, the field, not the stand. Hopefully they go to the field tonight. I'm just doing some scouting up high.

17-Nov-22
Wow nice deer’s. I’m looking for old grandpa buck. Have to pass on some of the up and comers. Private land of course. Public is fair game!

17-Nov-22

Just had a small buck go by at 50 yards lol..... appeared out of nowhere

17-Nov-22
Congrats guys. I heard deer walking at 0655 & 0755. Didn't see either one. On the way out at 10:20 or so, I bumped three does. They didn't go far, maybe 60 yards. I stalked them for 10 minutes or so, they just walked off.

My son has been out all day. He seen a big raccoon, then a doe when he stopped to pee. Wrong gun in his hand, lol. Haven't heard anything from him since noon.

17-Nov-22
I was hoping that the buck would have got down the hill to my son but he didn't. Tomorrow is another day

17-Nov-22
Congrats to those that connected! Been slim pickens or me this year. Heading out Saturday with my son.

18-Nov-22
Another day… nothing but 3 squirrels. The only spot I have deer is my front lawn via security cams. 1 buck, 1 spike & 2 does. Spike was seen @ 7:30 am , others @ 1 am. Think I’m gonna hunt on my front lawn.

18-Nov-22
Congrats guys!

• Sitka Gear