KHunter 18-Nov-22
pronghorn21 18-Nov-22
Glunt@work 19-Nov-22
Jaquomo 19-Nov-22
PECO2 19-Nov-22
Jaquomo 19-Nov-22
Jaquomo 19-Nov-22
17-Nov-22
Are there any state legislatures in Colorado that hunt?

17-Nov-22
Not that I'm aware of

17-Nov-22
Or how about any that are big into backpacking or fishing?

17-Nov-22
Their backgrounds are public record. You should be able to find out whatever you want to know about them by searching somewhere besides the Bowsite. There are 100 senators and representatives, so odds are some fit your criteria.

18-Nov-22
Hear's one I believe: Perry Will. He is a former CPW officer from the Rifle, Co. area.

18-Nov-22
OOPS!!!! Sorry, I think Perry may be republican. Not really sure!

18-Nov-22

18-Nov-22
he is

18-Nov-22
and unfortunately Perry just got voted out after boundaries were redrawn

18-Nov-22
I looked on a couple bios and it was suggested but there is nothing there. Maybe there are no democrats that hunt. Maybe they think all meat comes from the grocery store.

19-Nov-22
Edie Hooten shows up on the Sportsman Caucus list.

19-Nov-22
When you figure that only maybe 2-3% of Colorado residents hunt, odds are pretty slim that more than a couple are in that group.

19-Nov-22
2-3% wow that is much lower than I would have guessed.

19-Nov-22
Roughly 5% of residents are counted as "hunters" in most published estimates. But that counts kids not of voting age. This number includes everyone who buys a combo fishing-small game license as well, and I'd venture a large number of them don't hunt small game, but buy the combo license "just in case" (like me). The true numbers vary a bit depending upon who is doing the counting and what their agenda is.

The percentage who buy elk licenses is around 3%, and that also includes kids too young to vote. The good news is that even though they will likely drop out of hunting after age 18, they hopefully should vote our way on hunting referendums.

The bad news is that 95% of residents DON'T hunt at all.

19-Nov-22
Then the good news is that 95% don't hunt. Imagine if the number of resident hunters doubled. With wildlife issues on the ballot, it's a double-edged sword.

• Sitka Gear