Ace 19-Nov-22
Hrtfdbowhntr 20-Nov-22
soapdish 20-Nov-22
BBB 20-Nov-22
BBB 20-Nov-22
N8tureBoy 21-Nov-22
Big Dog 22-Nov-22
18-Nov-22
So I find a Weber grill for sale, looks like new, and drive to Stamford with the wife to take a look. The guy is selling this huge house with a massive yard in the woods to move to NYC for his job, so selling everything. I say to him, so do you have deer eating your shrubs, and he says: I can't plant anything, they're like rats around here.

That's when I thought to myself, this is my chance, so I asked him,.........where's the grill? :>) Just not my kind of hunting.

18-Nov-22
What’s the address? I’ll check it out! Hahha

18-Nov-22
BBB could of gave him my name!

18-Nov-22
Must of been a small house , where I hunt they go from 5 to 25 million .

18-Nov-22
Nobody turns down a good hunting spot. Especially one like that.

Just close your eyes and pretend your in Kent on State land

18-Nov-22
Iron gate with a pass card to get in. I actually could only see one other house just to the side of his, the back and other side were woods. And I didn't see one dead deer on the Merritt the whole way there and back.

18-Nov-22
You drive all the way to Stamford to look at a used grill and you work at Lowes……..

18-Nov-22
Blood LOL

18-Nov-22
Blood LOL

18-Nov-22

BBB's embedded Photo
BBB's embedded Photo
Yeah, well I am Polish, and probably a bit senile, but when I can get a $1100 grill, that's like new, for $320, it's worth a nice, easy ride on a sunny day.

18-Nov-22
I had plenty of spots you put the code in and the gate opens ! One plas had the castle catcher in the driveway they still get in . Mostly Grenwich!

18-Nov-22
Oh yeah, well I was going to hunt at Gillette Castle and the Breakers Mansion at Newport, but I decided they were too small :>) Some have way too much money Steve, and need to show the rest of us just how much they have.

18-Nov-22
Surely with your employee discount and AARP card you could’ve gotten a new grill with a warranty.

18-Nov-22
Walmart has cheaper prices than Lowes even with my 10% discount. An old pastor at our church once said "Your rich relatives are not the ones driving the big cars and fancy clothes, they're the ones driving the 10 yr old car and wearing shabby clothes." It's not how much money you make in life, it's how much you save. $1100 - $320 = $780 in my pocket.

18-Nov-22
Deer in yard and a grill close by? You would never need to leave home

18-Nov-22
They don’t have scratch n dent ones that can’t go on the floor that have to be “disposed of properly” wink wink??

18-Nov-22
That stuff goes to the Meriden outlet, no bargains there.

19-Nov-22
Ah the dilemma of Deer hunting in CT. Do I hunt where the deer are thick but I Hear garbage trucks, school buses and barking dogs, or in the Woods where it feels more like a real hunting experience?

No right answer, I say: do what feels right for you. My main spots are bigger woods but … I see more deer driving in and out than while I’m hunting. Like BBB, for me, it’s about the whole experience, more than the killing. But still, a man has to eat!

20-Nov-22
Thats a nice grill!

20-Nov-22
I saw a Weber on the curb the other day for free.....at the Dahmer residence

20-Nov-22
Soap - I saw that one too, but something was eating at me, so I didn't get it.,

20-Nov-22
Soap - I saw that one too, but something was eating at me, so I didn't get it.,

21-Nov-22

N8tureBoy's embedded Photo
N8tureBoy's embedded Photo

22-Nov-22
Some folks buy a 1.4 mill. house just for the land ; tear it down and rebuild.

• Sitka Gear