Contributors to this thread:
air leak 20-Nov-22
Mike in CT 20-Nov-22
spike78 20-Nov-22
BBB 20-Nov-22
N8tureBoy 20-Nov-22
Brianbowhunter 20-Nov-22
20-Nov-22
This past Thursday, my wife and I were hammered with a nasty cold.

I didn't go out Thursday, Friday, or yesterday.. Saturday.

Yesterday, at 3:37 pm, my Tactacam sends me an alert..

Yep, a very respectable buck, looks like an 8, walks in front of my stand.. Less than 15 yards... LOL! Can't make this up..

20-Nov-22
I can relate; there's a spot I hunt from the rut on and with the leaves down I can see my 2 stand locations as they're only about 150 yards apart. I've had more than one painful occasion where I've picked one only to watch a good buck pass within easy bow range of the other!

We have deer cams, sometimes I swear the deer have hunter cams......

20-Nov-22
Air leak same here came down with the China bug on Wednesday then on Friday 2 bucks at my cam where I planned to hunt. Went out Friday night no deer seen and the Vid gave me the chills regretting my decision to hunt that soon. Decided to stay in on Saturday and hopefully will make it out tomorrow. Are you sure it ain’t the Boogaloo flu and not a cold?

20-Nov-22
Maybe it's the deer know when you're in your stand? Scents? Sounds? Movement? I think the best we can do is minimize those things that a deer can sense, and the rest is pure luck.

We're picking a 15-20 yard radius in a large area and placing our bets that a deer (maybe even a deer you targeted) will happen by that one time, that one spot, while you're in your stand. Even when I watch certified guides, like Jeff Doyle, track a certain buck in the snow for mile after mile, there are times when that deer spots him first,.......just not his lucky day. And as for me, if I were guaranteed to get a chip shot at an old buck every time out,............I'd stick to golf where I have very little luck to go with what little skill I possess. :>)

20-Nov-22
Fell better spike. Lots of peeps coming down with the rona, RSV, colds and some early flu. Should get really interesting about a week after Thanksgiving. I try to stay positive - any daylight pic on camera tells me they are moving and my stand is set up in the right area. Mike - when my son was young and I took him turkey hunting, we would see deer. When deer hunting, lots of turkeys. It didn't take him long to announce that we should do the opposite of whatever we have planned.

20-Nov-22
Eating my lunch and a 10 point just went through my yard. Guess I will change and get out there this afternoon.

• Sitka Gear