BBB 24-Nov-22
Blood 24-Nov-22
spike78 24-Nov-22
Brian M. 24-Nov-22
soapdish 24-Nov-22
24-Nov-22

BBB's embedded Photo
BBB's embedded Photo
Every Thanksgiving for approx 20 years I would go bird hunting with my brother Frank. We'd get up early, head to the fields for sunrise, and we'd always get some birds, especially with my first Springer (miss you Skip).

Anyone else have a Thanksgiving tradition, either one they're still doing or one they remember and miss?

24-Nov-22

Blood's embedded Photo
Luke, dad and me. And the trusty .28 gauge. Circa 1986.
Blood's embedded Photo
Luke, dad and me. And the trusty .28 gauge. Circa 1986.
BBB, that’s all I did growing up with my Dad. From age 8-9 thru 15-16 years old. Thanksgiving was Pheasant hunting. Then off to the high school football game. Then off to family dinner. Only the elitists deer hunted on Thanksgiving….now only the elitists pheasant hunt on Thanksgiving. ;)

That’s our Springer, Luke. Awesome bird dog. Stayed super close when flushing birds.

24-Nov-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Took my Griffon out this morning for the last bird hurrah here in MA and she did well got my 2. Took everything I had to get out in 23 degrees after coming down with the China bug it was hell but she’s happy!

24-Nov-22
Deer hunting with my son since he turned 12 has been our tradition. Another tradition that has come with it, neither of us has ever killed a deer on thanksgiving. As of this morning, both are still intact.

24-Nov-22
Yeppers. Went for deer. My son had a shot at a doe. Range finder said 154 or 190....needless to say he missed. Learned a lot. My older son we dropped off down the road at another property. He pushed up a big doe but couldn't get a shot. He's learned. Home in time with a half hour to spare before guests.

• Sitka Gear