Beautiful buck, congrats!

24-Nov-22
Wow! Monster. Awesome deer.

24-Nov-22
Congrats dude!!!

24-Nov-22
Congrats Swamp, nice buck.

24-Nov-22
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Very nice, great buck. So that was a Thanksgiving buck?

24-Nov-22
Nice buck!!

24-Nov-22
SD gets it done, congrats

24-Nov-22
Sweet

24-Nov-22
Congrats!

24-Nov-22
Thank you guys. I was hunting a natural choke point where this valley runs straight from food to bedding. No action until about 8 o'clock this morning when the buck came in. Saw him when he was at 60 and knew he was a shooter. I picked up my bow and knew he was coming right at me. And by right at me I mean zero broadside shot was presented. I came to full draw 5 separate times, but as soon as I would draw he would go frontal again. Finally, he offered a clean broadside shot and let it fly. Upon the shot, I heard that POP you wanta hear. The deer ran 60 yards and then started to slowly walk away... my first thought was oh crap maybe I missed or it wasn't a good hit. But then he bedded down. I knew he was wounded. I was watching him in my binos and after about 10 minutes he finally expired. If you look at the shot placement you'll see that it was a perfect double lung. Upon gutting, I confirmed this. I can't believe it took him so long to expire. 10 minutes with a hole cored through both lungs... normally a hit like this takes seconds for my deer to hit the dirt. I definitely learned some lessons today and was able to share the experience with my family back home. Incredibly thankful and was able to get some fresh tenderloins on the menu for thanksgiving supper. Also got some wall bling. Can't complain one bit!

25-Nov-22
Good for you man and nice job waiting for the right shot. That's hard to do! Congrats

25-Nov-22
Nice job! Congrats!

25-Nov-22
Congratulations nice buck !

25-Nov-22
Great buck, congrats.

25-Nov-22
SD - Did he have a lot of fat on him? I wonder if the entrance/exit wounds clogged up and prevented the lungs from deflating. Lack of pneumothorax might account for the 10 minutes?

25-Nov-22
Enjoy the spoils of your work. Beautiful animal, perfectly edible.

25-Nov-22
Great buck! Wow!

26-Nov-22
Beautiful buck, very well done, Congrats.

26-Nov-22
Congratulations, very nice buck. I liked the story and pictures, however, next time smile.

27-Nov-22
Hell yeah! That's a thing of beauty. Way to lay him down.

12-Dec-22

Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Sorry to revive this thread, but I’ve had some time to reflect on the hunt while journaling. I remembered I forgot to share a major part of the hunt! I got to share the whole thing with my grandfather. It’s likely that this hunt is going to be the last time out in the woods with him. I’m So glad we were able to share the moment together.

13-Dec-22
That's the best part of the story

13-Dec-22

Bwhnt's embedded Photo
Bwhnt's embedded Photo
Rotated. Both my grandparents and parents are gone. Just have a Mother in Law left now and she is great. Hope he surprises you and holds out for another season.

13-Dec-22
Even better memory!

13-Dec-22
Swamp, In that pic and in life I know grandpa loves you and is proud of you. God bless him.

13-Dec-22
There's nothing that makes a grandparent happier than sharing memories like that with their grandkids. And thank you for having him on the hunt and for sharing it with us.

13-Dec-22
No mistaking you two are related. Congrats on having a grandpa to do that with.

13-Dec-22
Oh man your right they look alot alike! I had to go back and look lol

13-Dec-22
Nice buck.

13-Dec-22
Man that is amazing. You won’t top that hunt this year. Life’s too short. Lots of pics and enjoy.

13-Dec-22
Awesome , Congrats !

14-Dec-22
nice read congrats on a great buck

• Sitka Gear