BBB 30-Nov-22
N8tureBoy 30-Nov-22
BBB 30-Nov-22
spike78 30-Nov-22
Mike in CT 30-Nov-22
BBB 30-Nov-22
N8tureBoy 30-Nov-22
26-Nov-22
Quiet but great afternoon out? Hoping this last hour is productive!

26-Nov-22
Just got in. Didn't feel like hanging anymore Xmas decorations anymore today

26-Nov-22
Yeah soap time to hang up a reindeer!

26-Nov-22
Oh yeah. Christmas time to my wife is like hunting season for me. Wind started to lay down a bit still very quiet still.

26-Nov-22
Just had a couple little guys run through the pines near me

26-Nov-22
Good luck out there. I just did the lights on our tree after working from 7am - 2pm, so it will be next week for me. No stand though, my back is still a git sore, so sit on the ground and then still hunt a bit.

26-Nov-22
I went out this afternoon. One squirrel spotted. Set up cell cam in new location on my way in and got a bunch of doe pics half hr after sunset. Nice to know they are in the neighborhood.

26-Nov-22
Had to work on my generator shed. Fun....

26-Nov-22
What does one use to get synthetic doe in heat stink off ones skin...... asking for myself lol. Set off the bomb. At the end of the hunt I went to pick it up and felt some liquid pour out eeeekkkk. When I walked in the house...... the family knew

26-Nov-22
3 squirrels. Peaceful though.

26-Nov-22
Soap....gasoline gets rid of just about everything, even tar. But you'll stink like gas! Lol

26-Nov-22
Could always light a match.....

26-Nov-22

nehunter's embedded Photo
7 Does, 1 Bear 100% better than this morning. Wish I was in my stand the other day.

26-Nov-22
Nehunter, that’s just annoying! Aghhhhhh…

27-Nov-22
Wow what a view you have from that stand. Must be either awesome sunrise or sunsets

27-Nov-22

BWhunt. The drop off is facing East, so sunrise. I just checked some cameras and had a few new Bucks move in.

27-Nov-22
Wow long beams! He looks to have some age on him. Still got plenty of time!

27-Nov-22
Damn you don’t get busted from that stand? Looks skylit on the cam?

27-Nov-22
Spike, look at every tree around. It was logged 5 years ago and those three tree's are the biggest and they are closer together than it looks. Plus that ladder stand is a 25 footer.

28-Nov-22
That ladder is 25'? The steps must be 2.5' apart! Nice buck tho.. too bad you weren't there.. hate it when that happens.

28-Nov-22
tracker980,

The rung openings are square, therefore I'm speculating that the width of the ladder is 18" and the space between rungs is the same. That makes the ladder alone 16.5' at most. He's got the right tree. The large tree to the right looks like it might be a shag bark hickory and the sycamore to the left is too knobby for my climber.

28-Nov-22

nehunter's Link
Thanks Bill. Tracker it's 21 feet to platform.

28-Nov-22
I had a great hunt on Saturday in NY despite no tags filled.

First, a doe with two yearlings came by at 25 yards. I try to keep my shots to 20 yards and under to make recovery a sure thing, and the deer never stopped for more than a moment.

Those three deer were then joined by two more does coming from the other direction and all 5 deer ambled around for about an hour at 50-100 yards from my stand.

About 10 minutes before dark a spike buck was coming in on a path that seemed to be right toward my tree. Unfortunately, he stopped a little over 25 yards out, made a left turn and walked through the exact path that the doe and yearlings had taken earlier.

I probably could have taken him but the light was fading and I lost track of the branches and sticks that were in my shooting lane.

Next time I will select a tree 5 yards closer to that path.

28-Nov-22
Everyone has to find something pick apart or find fault with. nehunter has taken several nice bucks, so not sure he needs our advice on how to set up his stand.

28-Nov-22
I went out today, Monday, to do some still hunting. Got to within 20 yds of a doe with her yearling. Watched them for about an hour, feeding on woody matter and red berries, hoping a buck would come by looking for the doe, but nothing happened. I did find one scrape and some droppings in the same area. This is the first sign I've seen in this area. Still a very different season for me, so I think I'm done for the year as far as hunting goes. I saw a huge flock of turkeys, like 50 in a field, never saw this many before in one flock.

28-Nov-22
Haven't been out since Friday morning. Took Sat morning off after three days straight. Sat afternoon I came down with flu like symptoms. Was a rough weekend. Today we (wife, MIL, FIL, niece and her husband, and myself) tested positive for the WuFlu. Son and daughter have mild symptoms but they haven't tested yet. I'll get back out next week.

28-Nov-22
Brian - hope you and your family feel better soon. My best friend just had to go to the hospital to get the monoclonal antibody transfusion. He's better now.

28-Nov-22
Thanks BBB, my niece's infant daughter just tested pos too. We were all at our nephew's daughter's birthday party on the 12th. Then all at my house for thanksgiving. Have to hear from my nephew to try to determine when we were exposed.

28-Nov-22
Brian I’m on day 12 and finally feeling better. It was just never ending run down feeling like crap.

28-Nov-22
Spike, I'm only 52 hours into it. The chills and headache are gone, appetite is weak, body fatigue sucks, throat a little sore due to coughing, but not too bad.

28-Nov-22
I would frame that pic Nehunter. Looks like he was posing for you and your cam.

28-Nov-22
Brian yup gonna be days of fatigue and just wanting to do nothing all day. It’s weird how it comes and goes and then back again. I watched the peak rut from my couch on my cell cams that sure sucked!

28-Nov-22
Covid is crazy now. First Year I only knew of a few unlucky people catching it. Now it's a daily occurrence hearing that friends and neighbors all getting that f'n flu.

I'm gonna get that booster shot now.

Hope you all get better soon.

28-Nov-22
DO NOT GET ANY KIND OF COVID JAB. that by far is one of the dumbest things you can do to yourself. If you believe the government has your best interests you are clueless. Do your research.

29-Nov-22
NE do what you want your body but to take the jab with its associated risks vs what this Covid strain does to you I wouldn’t risk it. I’ve heard of many people permanently messed up from the shots.

29-Nov-22
The latest stats show 58% of the covid deaths are from vaccinated people. I wonder if this prompted Fauci to retire? I got three shots, had covid a week after the third, and I'm not getting another.

29-Nov-22
"The latest stats show 58% of the covid deaths are from vaccinated people."

BBB, And when you die that percentage will increase, regardless of whatever kills you. The government is still paying hospitals a covid bonus.

29-Nov-22
I got the Jab and a booster. No Covid, no side effects. I don’t wear masks and take no other precautions. I’m fine. You all watch too much news.

29-Nov-22
TIMH, me too except for the booster, until Saturday when it finally caught up to me. Wasn't worried, still not worried. It's an inconvenience.

30-Nov-22
Regarding the rona booster discussion… just as I wouldn’t expect my dermatologist or healthcare colleagues to give me the best information about how to tune my bow or debate the benefits/drawbacks of using a fixed vs expandable broadhead, I don’t expect to get the most accurate or reliable information about healthcare from my archery colleagues on the internet.

There are some reasons behind “The latest stats.” Is someone who got the vaccine in 2020 really “fully vaccinated” anymore? Just as my flu shot from 2020 wont likely protect me from this years variants, the same is true with covid. By far the majority of people we see in the hospital with covid have either been unvaccinated or immunocompromised. And now it seems that we can add some people who were vaccinated in 2020 but no longer have immunity to the newer variants. I care about you guys and enjoy sharing the woods with you. Stay safe.

1 Headline: For the first time, the majority of people dying from COVID-19 in America have been vaccinated.

"We can no longer say this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Kaiser Family Foundation Vice President Cynthia Cox, who conducted the analysis, told The Washington Post . People who had been vaccinated or boosted made up 58% of COVID-19 deaths in August, the analysis showed. The rate has been on the rise: 23% of coronavirus deaths were among vaccinated people in September 2021, and the vaccinated made up 42% of deaths in January and February of this year, the Post reported. Research continues to show that people who are vaccinated or boosted have a lower risk of death. The rise in deaths among the vaccinated is the result of three factors, Cox said. They are: A large majority of people in the U.S. have been vaccinated (267 million people in the U.S., the CDC says). People who are at the greatest risk of dying from COVID-19 are more likely to be vaccinated and boosted, such as the elderly. Vaccines lose their effectiveness over time; the virus changes to avoid vaccines; and people need to choose to get boosters to continue to be protected.

The case for the effectiveness of vaccines and boosters versus skipping the shots remains strong. People age 6 months and older who are unvaccinated are six times more likely to die of COVID-19, compared to those who got the primary series of shots, the Post reported. Survival rates were even better with additional booster shots, particularly among older people. "I feel very confident that if people continue to get vaccinated at good numbers, if people get boosted, we can absolutely have a very safe and healthy holiday season," Ashish Jha, White House coronavirus czar, said last week. The number of Americans who have gotten the most recent booster has been increasing ahead of the holidays. CDC data show that 12% of the U.S. population age 5 and older has received a booster. A new study by a team of researchers from Harvard University and Yale University estimates that 94% of the U.S. population has been infected with COVID-19 at least once, leaving just 1 in 20 people who have never had the virus. "Despite these high exposure numbers, there is still substantial population susceptibility to infection with an Omicron variant," the authors wrote. They said that if all states achieved the vaccination levels of Vermont, where 55% of people had at least one booster and 22% got a second one, there would be "an appreciable improvement in population immunity, with greater relative impact for protection against infection vs. severe disease. This additional protection results from both the recovery of immunity lost due to waning and the increased effectiveness of the bivalent booster against Omicron infections." Sources

The Washington Post: "Covid is no longer mainly a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Here's why." CDC: "COVID Data Tracker."

30-Nov-22
I wish everyone would stop calling the covid shot a vaccination, it's not a vaccine. Polio and small pox had vaccines, not covid.

30-Nov-22
Just curious. How is it not a vaccine? So instead of saying vaccinated we should start saying “shotted” ?….

30-Nov-22
vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases

"IMMUNITY"

More "vaccinated" people are contracting and dying of covid today than those who did not get the "shot". That's not immunity.

30-Nov-22
I’m not sure why they are still pushing the shots. The Omicron variant is no worse then a mild flu. I felt flulike for 2 days and it was way less of a beat down then the flus I got years ago. Don’t get me wrong it still sucked being worn out for 10-11 days but not worth risking blood clots IMO.

30-Nov-22
Bob,

Just a suggestion, look up "base rate fallacy". It will help explain the number of cases and deaths shifting to the vaccinated population and put it in proper context.

And yes, the covid vaccines are vaccines. What is never mentioned is that the earlier definition of a vaccine was predicated upon the belief that they conferred "sterilizing immunity"; no infections after vaccination. Today we know that's not the case and since you mentioned it this holds true for the polio vaccine.

30-Nov-22
Mike - I'm well aware that the total population of people who received the shot is much higher than those who did not, so if you use the total population of each group, the rate of infection and death for people who did not get the shot is higher. We were once told if you get the shot you will not die, now the "science" says something different. My point - they just don't know.

I received 3 shots and I still got covid a week after my 3rd, that's enough for me. Dr Fauci once said that natural immunity is higher than getting the shot, but it doesn't last forever, and it appears that neither does the shot.

The definition I grew up with for vaccine is much different than what is now being used for the covid shot. How many cases of polio are there in the U.S. today?

"CDC - Thanks to the polio vaccine, dedicated health care professionals, and parents who vaccinate their children on schedule, wild poliovirus has been eliminated in this country for more than 30 years. Since 1979, no cases of polio caused by wild poliovirus have originated in the U.S"

You know I respect your opinions, but I think each of us needs to decide if we want to take yet another shot, of not.

BTW - no additional shots for me in that last year, and no flu, no colds and no covid either.

Stay well!

30-Nov-22

• Sitka Gear