Silver Streek 09-Dec-22
RED BEARD 13-Dec-22
Zim 15-Dec-22
Zim 20-Dec-22
awh302 21-Dec-22
Zim 21-Dec-22
Silver Streek 01-Jan-23
01-Dec-22
Well the 22 season is windy down. Good luck to all in the chilly weather this weekend.

01-Dec-22
Anyone part of the apex outdoors hunting competition for illinois this year?

02-Dec-22
Huh?

05-Dec-22
With any luck, I’ll be back out this weekend.

06-Dec-22
the deer around me knew it was over. As soon as sunset hit, all my cameras got active. Looking forward to muzzleloader and finishing bow season.

06-Dec-22
Anybody seeing any signs of deer rutting. A buddy of mine had a fresh scrape that wasn't there Sunday. The wind will be right tomorrow so I'm going to give it a shot.

09-Dec-22
Have seen signs of the 2nd rut. Scrapes that have not been hit in last 3 weeks are now being hit. Strange twist is already seeing signs of deer herding up. Saw 5 bucks in a group with 6 does.

09-Dec-22
Have seen signs of the 2nd rut. Scrapes that have not been hit in last 3 weeks are now being hit. Strange twist is already seeing signs of deer herding up. Saw 5 bucks in a group with 6 does.

13-Dec-22
I went Sunday and passed on a doe. Just before dark a 6 pt came in and was out 40 yds but never came. I checked 2 cameras today. I have not hunted this stand in 40 days because of winds and ice. I missed some major action around 11-15. Part of hunting.

15-Dec-22
I’ve been out since 12/12 and had good action. Cams showed lots of movement sunrise to 10 am so I’m headed out this morning.

20-Dec-22

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
All the public I’ve hunted previously was too pressured by late season so all the bucks were nocturnal. But that has now changed. Thanks to a lot of scouting, identified a couple off the grid spots with great action. Didn’t get the biggest one, but had a fun hunt and filled my tag. My latest date to score ever. Saw four shooters my last three evening sits. Not bad for public.

21-Dec-22
Nice buck but you may want to tag it before you transport it. You don’t want to get into any trouble.

This time of year can be awesome if you have a good source.

21-Dec-22
It’s got a leg tag. You can see it in the top photo. Actually got checked by two CO’s. I gotta send them an apology email as they caught me in a terrible mood after being disgusted picking up beer cans while scouting a nearby FWA. Tool dropped them all over that property.

01-Jan-23
Deer are herding and bucks have become far & few between. Hunted yesterday afternoon and saw 16 does, no bucks. A few days ago did see a buck that had just lost it's antlers that appeared to be approximately 1-2 inches in diameter at the base. Base was red & bloody.

• Sitka Gear