One Arrow 16-Dec-22
Bwhnt 16-Dec-22
Thornton 17-Dec-22
Bwhnt 17-Dec-22
One Arrow 17-Dec-22
13-Dec-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
Some son of a bitch killed my friend's working cattle dog and threw it in the ditch 6 miles north of Walton with some dead coyotes. I'll pay for a name of whoever did it. This dog was a great comfort to his family who is dealing with a dying little girl. The dog would wait on his kids every day to get off tge school bus. My friend is an avid bowhunter and conservationist and is very distraught.

13-Dec-22
My condolences. Very very sorry to hear that. WTF is wrong with people these days?

13-Dec-22
Terrible. If someone killed one of my dogs, I don’t know what I’d do.

People are fucked in the head these days…

13-Dec-22
I fear this will happen more with night time coyote hunting and thermal image scopes being used. No way of knowing that is what happened but who ever shot that dog is a coward of the worst kind .

13-Dec-22
This is terrible. Losing a dog is like losing a child. Sounds like a bad situation all the way around. So sorry for their sick little girl. I have 3 kids I cannot even imagine

13-Dec-22
Horrible situation, especially for the kids! Hopefully, you can get to the bottom of it. Prayers for the family, especially the little girl. What’s wrong with her, Thornton, if I might ask? If you’d rather not say, totally understand.

13-Dec-22
I’ll pitch in on the reward.

Killin a man’s dog is about as low as you can go.

13-Dec-22
T-roy- she was born with a brain malformation. She's total care and gets respiratory infections frequently.

13-Dec-22
Had a neighbor kill a lab of mine once and what can you say. It was on his place and should have not have been.

13-Dec-22
I keep a flock of free range chickens, and the only time I could ever consider killing a dog is if it were attacking my birds. I would really hate to do that though, and fortunately have not been put in that position. From the information you’ve provided, it does not seem that was the case in this instance.

13-Dec-22
Dave, I’m sorry to hear that.

Unless your lab was harming his livestock, killing it was illegal, unnecessary, and frankly cruel. We get dogs that wander through our property fairly often. I’ve had many a deer/turkey hunt fouled by dogs running through. Does it piss me off, and make me cuss their owners for letting them run loose? Yes. Would I ever consider shooting them? Absolutely not.

13-Dec-22
I had a neighbors dog that would come over and growl and snap at me, harrase my kids rabbits. One day my wife couldn't get out of the car it was barking and popping its teeth at her door. I went over to talk to the owner that day the dog charged my truck and scratched the shit of the drivers door. I told him if the dog was back in my yard again it was all over him. The owner agreed and said I had every right. It would break off its run once in a while. Never came back after that day.

13-Dec-22
That’s freaking horrible. Lowest of the low. Idiots like that can’t keep their mouth shut. I hope they get caught.

14-Dec-22

The area my friend's dog lived and was shot.
The area my friend's dog lived and was shot.
This is a different story all together. The dog was a working cattle dog, that only left his 40 acres to visit his girlfriend a quarter mile across the pasture. I told a neighbor last summer to his face I'd shoot both his dogs with my silenced .22 pistol if they ever came in the yard again. They had attacked my hound, and in trying to get away, she impaled herself on 6" of an electric fence stake. It glanced off her last rib, and came out up by her back. Just missed perforating the diaphragm, lungs or maybe bowel. Would I have shot the dogs? Maybe. Especially if they were tearing her up, but I'd have done everything in my power to kick them off like i did the first time. Didn't matter, the guy was a dirtbag and left town 2 weeks later. I took one look at him and his fat wife when they were retrieving their dogs and knew they couldn't reimburse me the $300 for the vet bill. Either way, there have been several hundred responses on my friend's dog, and one guy reached out saying he thinks he knows the shooter. Apparently the guy and his buddies were bragging about killing a dog while they were roadhunting coyotes. Problem is, he goes by a fake name on Facebook because he's been arrested so many times.

14-Dec-22
Hope you can track them down.

14-Dec-22
should be able to find him with that app

14-Dec-22
There is always a scumbag out there that’s not something new. I’m 49 and when I was a kid someone shot my family dog. She was a Basset Hound. Sweetheart of a dog. Luckily the bullet missed Everything important and she healed up with no issues. She died of old age thank goodness. There is more good out there than bad though.

14-Dec-22
I say Id never shoot another man’s dog, but I won’t put up with a dog being mean.

16-Dec-22
Some people just don't care,I know one family had a pit bit their toddler on the face as he walked by no big deal.Another has had to buy 3 tires because the dog will ruin the tires if someone pulls in driveway. Only 1 thing will stop these dogs.

16-Dec-22
If dogs are harassing livestock or being vicious to people or their pets. The dog needs to be dealt with and the owner told about it.

16-Dec-22
Buckdeer… I didn’t want to say it, but I’m going to since you brought up the pit bull biting the kids face.

I had a very good dog, loved her… had her for longer than I knew my wife.

After we got married and had our son he was outside playing and she went after him. Knocked him down and was lunging at his face. He was 6 months old. My mother in law jumped between them. Luckily no one was bit.

I loaded her up and took her out to the woods and took care of it. I cried the whole way to the woods and a good day after. I’ll never forget that day… a day that changed me, but there isn’t an animal on this planet that will harm my family, even my own dog.

With all that said, this doesn’t sound anything like that. Hope someone finds the scum who did this and throws the book at him.

16-Dec-22
When I was a young kid my dad was on the volunteer ambulance in town. A call came in for my next door neighbor for a dog bite. Their dog bit the young girl in the face and about skinned her. Five minutes later I heard about 10 shots from her father dumping a clip into the dog in the yard. Every time I was over there it had to be locked in the bathroom. The kid recovered fine just scars.

17-Dec-22
Dogs bite kids. It's not a new thing, and most breeds do it. I treat them frequently in ER. In 16 years, I have never seen a case that was bad. Some have required sutures, and all have required antibiotics. Had an old lab that was startled awake by a niece and he bit her on the face. He also snapped at the neighbor kid that pulled his ears. He also bit my my boot one time when I kicked a plate of chicken bones away from him that the neighbor left out. I understood each situation and he lived to the old age of 14 and we all missed him when he went.

The evidence of my friend's dog indicates he was shot on or very near the 40 acres he lived on. There are no cattle nearby for someone to accuse him of harassment. The feedlot he worked, was 5 miles away and he rode there in the truck. The warden contacted to build a case for roadhunting has proven to be unhelpful as he is moving to another state for a new job In a week and seems to have checked out. With thousands of people sharing or commenting on my Facebook post, I now understand what detectives deal with . I'm alarmed at the number of dirtbags living and operating in the Newton area that could have possibly committed this crime or have already done it to other people's pets.

17-Dec-22
That was murder plain and simple. Really hope they get that bastard.

17-Dec-22
A dog will only bite or act like it once at my house. The dog that lunged at my son crushed a skunk dead in one bite. If she’d had grabbed my sons neck he would have been dead.

I’ve been bit twice, once as a young kid. Great Dane, if my other cousin wasn’t there I’m not sure how that would have turned out. I was 6.

Two of my other cousins were bit by the same dog, first one got off lucky, but still has deep scars on his face.

The second one was bit and had severe nerve damage behind her eye requiring multiple surgeries. Started suffering from seizures after that and she passed from a seizure a few years back.

• Sitka Gear