be still 04-Jan-23
crestedbutte 04-Jan-23
sitO 04-Jan-23
One Arrow 04-Jan-23
KB 04-Jan-23
be still 05-Jan-23
18-Dec-22
Just a heads up for convention weekend.

The State High School Basketball Tournament will be happening the same weekend as the KBA Convention. They have a block of rooms set back for us, but with the BB crowds coming to Manhattan too, I predict rooms will be reserved on a first call basis.

I also strongly suggest calling the motel directly to make reservations, not thru the on-line options. Two years ago, the last time we went, that proved to be the wrong way to do it for us because they initially put us in a room clear away from the rest of the group events on an upper floor, wrong type of room, at a higher rate than what was advertised. They got it corrected once I went to the front desk, but was still a pain to deal with that first night.

The direct call phone number is 785-539-5311. Be sure to tell them you are booking for the KBA convention.

19-Dec-22
Thanks for the number Randy, I had nothing but problems last time I went through the on-line system.

19-Dec-22
Randy…thx for the heads up! I will send out an e-mail blast to the rest of the KBA membership soon to make them aware of the same.

04-Jan-23
Quick an easy, got my two rooms reserved!!

04-Jan-23
BTW.....last week I sent out an e-mail blast to KBA members about Convention/hotel concerns, bunny hunt and KDWP commission meeting next Thurs. 1/12/23...…just in case some aren’t or haven’t checked their e-mails lately.

04-Jan-23
Commission meeting is next Thursday I thought? That's what thr email indicated.

04-Jan-23
Yep, you sir are indeed correct! The KDWP Commission meeting is next week 1/12/23.....not sure why in post above I was thinking and said it was tomorrow? I edited my post above. Thx again for catching that!

04-Jan-23
Just for clarity and primarily for all us old timers that have gone to alot of these Commission meetings over the years.....there is no longer an AM and PM session! I will say it again....there is no longer an AM and PM session. There is only (1) session, and it starts at 12:00PM NOON.

Would hate for some of ya'll who plan to travel a great distance to attend the Wichita venue to show up or log in to Zoom at 6pm and realize the meeting has already concluded or is near the ending. Therefore, make note...only (1) session that starts at 12:00 Noon and if traveling to attend in person then leave at appropriate time to get to the venue by Noon.

Due to the new format, there are two opportunities for General Public Comment on "Non-Agenda Items"...the first being at the beginning of the meeting and is supposed to be within that first hour (lunch hour) and the second being at the end of the meeting (obviously sometime later that afternoon).

As always, there will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each specific "agenda item" that is discussed.

04-Jan-23
I’m thinking I need to look for one of them AirB&Bs or whatever you call them. I’m bringing 2 females…one 2 legged, one 4 legged but both can get a little wild.

Would be nice if I could find one with a fenced back yard out in the country somewhere.

04-Jan-23

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
The best air B&B in the state. Even has a fenced yard. Not exactly close to Manhattan but who doesn’t like a good road trip. The original owner is there on site too in case you need anything.

04-Jan-23
That made me lol

04-Jan-23
I don’t know why I know the story behind that house, or where I heard it, but that was one crazy dude.

04-Jan-23
Lol!

05-Jan-23
Jason I’ve never seen or heard about that one but it doesn’t seem peaceful or give off a good vibe. Don’t think I’ll be sending my money there:?)

• Sitka Gear