RSP PA 09-Jan-23
Zbone 09-Jan-23
22-Dec-22

Zbone's Link
Shown over on the main forum, what are your thoughts and feelings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cLFVqdw44

Drone Finds Another Giant Ohio Buck

24-Dec-22
All electronics, cameras, lighted nocks, sights should be banned. Along with any pulley assisted devises that are on bows and stocks as well as mechanical broad heads. Technology has ruined bow hunting. Woodsmanship skills have diminished immeasureably. Everybody wants it easy and fast.

25-Dec-22
Yeah, it's not "Hunting the Hard Way" like Howard Hill...8^)

25-Dec-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
This was posted over on the main forum:

"said he was on a WCB podcast. He gets called in to locate a hit deer. Usually to not push it off property. It is a $20K drone with thermal and zoom. He flys at 300' mostly at dusk or dawn to pick up the heat signature. When located it's up to the hunter to retrieve. He's located in Ohio and his rate is $450 + mileage, $100 bonus if deer is located. He said he is swamped with work. Obviously, he is getting called on big buck recovery. Seems to be a very ethical person that has found and researched his niche."

25-Dec-22

Zbone's Link
See link page 39, paragraph 6:

https://ohiodnr.gov/static/documents/wildlife/laws-regs-licenses/Ohio%20Hunting%20and%20Trapping%20Regulations%20ENGLISH.pdf

This another post from the main forum:

"From Page 39 of the Ohio DNR Hunting Brochure: "Aircraft or drones are prohibited in hunting or the aid of hunting for all game." If ODNR is ok with using drones to track deer after they are shot at (including missed, wounded and dead) for the purpose of determining how badly injured they are and where they are "ready" to recover or whether the hunter needs to continue hunting them (including sneaking in on a located wounded deer to finish it) then I guess that's their prerogative.

I guess ODNR no longer considers anything that happens after the first shot part of the hunting process."

25-Dec-22
I think that I hunt within 60 miles of Dover, OH. If I were to shoot a 200" buck and not have a blood trail, it would be hard to not use his services if I thought that the shot was fatal.

25-Dec-22
I watched one of the guy's videos where he found the buck still alive. They watched the buck get up and only make it a few feet before bedding again. It was a very large buck that appeared to me to be fatally wounded. The hunter went in the next morning. Coyotes had jumped the buck out of its bed. The guy came back with his drone and could not relocate the buck. If the coyotes ran the buck down and ate some of it the body may have had too small of a heat signature to find. If the hunter paid $450 twice plus $100 for finding the buck once plus mileage and did not recover his buck that has to be tough.

25-Dec-22
Cliff, this guy is in Dover? How you know that, although didn't watch all his videos, only the one posted, couldn't determine his location... Kinda shady if ya ask me to be able to fly a drone over somebody's property or residence without permission and not list his address...

25-Dec-22
Next will be an electronic transponder, like a dog chip , that is on the arrow and is placed in the animal on arrow contact. Download the app to your smart phone and follow the gps coordinates to your deer. Woodsmanship skills are becoming a thing of the past and so will our hunting. Get off your lazy asses!

26-Dec-22

btnbuck's embedded Photo
btnbuck's embedded Photo
I’d rather see this done to locate a dead deer than to have it just be lost, but I don’t see anyone using his services to retrieve a doe at those prices.

At least you’d know which landowner to ask for “legal” retrieval.

Zbone, bottom of middle column in the pic you posted.

26-Dec-22
btnbuck - Oh, I see that now, thanks... His guy is local to me but haven't heard anything locally, didn't even know about it until it appeared on the main forum...

28-Dec-22
Crazy people and their money, Whatever…..

01-Jan-23
Why is it crazy? It’s says a lot more about you than the people trying to recover a wounded or dead deer.

I have a thermal drone, require for my position ( paid extra for thermal for selfish purposes like this) have used for recovery for my group and for neighbors in Illinois. It eliminates guys blowing out a 1000 acres trying to recover deer while others are hunting.

01-Jan-23
So flying your drone over somebody's property to reach another property without asking permission to fly over their property and film (spy) isn't trespassing?...

It is illegal in Ohio: "From Page 39 paragraph 6 of the Ohio DNR Hunting Brochure: "Aircraft or drones are prohibited in hunting or the aid of hunting for all game."

Short and sweet, covers all drone legalities about hunting...

01-Jan-23
Who said anything about not having permission?

I know the rules for operating a drone. I’ve been a licensed op for awhile..

Each state is different. Not sure if you can fly without permission in Ohio..

01-Jan-23
Landowners do not own the airspace above their land. I can fly my drone over my neighbors without their permission. Not judging whether that’s the way it should be, just stating that’s the way it is.

01-Jan-23

01-Jan-23
So Pat - You're saying you can take your drone and hover it over my 2nd story bedroom or bathroom window, and as long at you are not touching ground (its in air space) it is not trespassing??? I don't think so...

Again - "From Page 39, paragraph 6 of the Ohio DNR Hunting Brochure: "Aircraft or drones are prohibited in hunting or the aid of hunting for all game."

01-Jan-23
Other than advice on corn piles, nobody ask Pat about any laws and regulations in Ohio.

Wow

02-Jan-23
I was wrong. My apologies. Looks like I can fly over my land only or seek permission from my neighbors. I never use my drone in Ohio unless I’m taking pics of my food plots or corn piles ;-). And never during hunting season.

02-Jan-23
Whew, now relieved you won't be looking into my upstairs windows...8^)))

03-Jan-23
If you fly drone at night or after hours looking to recover deer, it’s not aid of hunting.

03-Jan-23
Tell that to the judge...

09-Jan-23

RSP PA's embedded Photo
RSP PA's embedded Photo
Won’t need to Zbone

09-Jan-23
Whatever,,, that's fine, but it doesn't cover landowner privacy and trespass flyover laws and local ordnances... You'll still have to talk to the judge for flying over somebody's property without permission... Heck, you can't legally step foot on somebody's property to hunt or recover game without WRITTEN permission...

• Sitka Gear