Wilgabeast 21-Jan-23
Big Dog 21-Jan-23
Mhg825 21-Jan-23
Wilgabeast 21-Jan-23
BAT 21-Jan-23
06-Jan-23

BAT's embedded Photo
BAT's embedded Photo
Saw this on FB. Brett is the shop owner, he is great to work with!

06-Jan-23
Wonder if he was able to pay for the new bow outright, or if they worked out some kind of payment plan.

06-Jan-23
Some of the Patriots , Bruins and Red Sox (present and past) are bow hunters, luv it .

06-Jan-23
That's cool. Love Bruschi ! They can definitely use him on Sunday. Buffalo is going to destroy them.

06-Jan-23
Very cool. Marchand is also a bowhunter. Got to be tough as his hockey season is during the rut.

06-Jan-23
Ex Bruins tough guy ,Stan Jonathan, is an avid deer hunter.

06-Jan-23
Saw that last night on FB and thought: THAT IS AWESOME. AP is a great shop. Ill be forever grateful for the effort they put in to help my wife dial in her set up. If I was to go to the dark side and buy a matthews for my next bow I'd go there. 30' from home, and good folks.

06-Jan-23

Ungie01201's Link
very cool. Brad Marchand and Kevin Millar have their own hunting clothing line thing with youtube hunting videos, etc.... March & Mill.

06-Jan-23
Ungie x2! There show was pretty good too! It was on NESN

06-Jan-23
@Bigdog

Yeah. Until he killed that guy ...

06-Jan-23
Brady 100% no other quarterback can touch his attention to detail, his attitude, team leadership, and absolute skill in throwing the ball.

06-Jan-23
Don, you are an astute sports historian. I can't remember the incident.

07-Jan-23
They also bow hunt with Matt Light

07-Jan-23
I wonder what these guys hunting looks like. Something tells me they’re not creeping in to three acres of public surrounded by five McMansions on three sides and a strip mall on the fourth.

07-Jan-23
Brady is the #1 qb in nfl period. Who’s better? Currently. No one can touch him.

07-Jan-23
Money talks. No such thing as loyalty. the “old days” are gone. Pats suck now. They’ll never win another superbowl.

07-Jan-23
Brady fucking blows rite now . 5-8 years ago that Tom Brady was by far the best player in the history of the sport . He’s not to special this season

07-Jan-23
I wouldn’t be either, just got divorced. Don’t care if you are a billionaire that stuff still takes a toll on you mentally.

07-Jan-23
Plus it’s a team sport, if they don’t get open or drop passes then he’s not going to look so good. Vise versa

07-Jan-23
Yeah, I find it pretty obnoxious that he chose the nfl over his family. More money than his kids kids could ever spend. Money makes people do funny things. Who really knows what goes on behind closed doors too. She could have been a pain in the ass hahhaha.

07-Jan-23
Brady hurt someones feelings apparently......

07-Jan-23
I agree Arlow does Is feeling some type of way

07-Jan-23
Brady is the best of all time. Eli who???????? Never met her.

07-Jan-23
Not you pi

07-Jan-23
Holy shit !! Really ?? If it wasn't for Brady the past 20+ years would have been just like the past three !! He didn't want to leave the Pat's!! Bill didn't want him anymore!! And I'm sure if you could ask Kraft confidentiality he'd tell you letting Tom go is the biggest mistake he's made (football wise). Tom should have retired a Patriot!! Tom was under paid the whole time he was here!! Did he make millions? Yup,but not a third of what he should have !! He kept taking less because Bill was blowing smoke up his ass telling him he'd put better players around him with the extra money and he didn't !! Bill is the asshole !! Fuck man how bout you give the best player ever some respect !! His personal life who knows what goes on behind closed doors? Is she rich and beautiful ?? Yup !! But maybe she's a freaking nut job?? His kids are old enough that they'll be fine. Speaking as someone who stayed in a marriage for the kids (way longer than I should have). The feeling of getting away from a coconut is amazing!! Priceless !! And my four kids (all adults now) ask me how I did it for so long. Things aren't always like they look from the outside . Anyway ,I'm so happy that we were blessed with #12 on our team for as long as we had him !! His personal life is not for me to judge him by.

07-Jan-23
Boom, well said. Take that PI!!!! Anti Brady hahaha

07-Jan-23
And to their kids.

07-Jan-23
Pretty sure God will forgive him . What's sad is you can't.

07-Jan-23
Whoa whoa whoa boys... Hunting has only been over for a week. And this! yikes!!! Deep breaths Lol

07-Jan-23

ARLOW's embedded Photo
ARLOW's embedded Photo

08-Jan-23
Personal life is his business. Just like your personal life is your business.

08-Jan-23
Wow this got deep….think Brady reaches manning or Bree’s “after 30” before he dies of old age on the field? Lol

08-Jan-23
Brady wasn't the only player on the pats super bowl teams, had an awesome defense for many years.the pats aren't good now because they hung on to him too long and he pushed out all other qb's.brady is the goat. no denying that.but a major ego maniac to put himself before his family.not cool

08-Jan-23
Everyone here has made some valid points but no one here knows what went on between Tom and wife. It's an equation with two unknowns. A subtle clue to me was when the Pats had that miraculous comeback vs. the Falcons every time the camera panned onto Gisele she was taking a selfie of herself cheering . It was all about her and quite telling.

08-Jan-23
Brady is still top five in the league in almost all categories for a QB. Tampa is not a very good team this year. Because he is the QB everyone likes give him the blame. Gisele wanted him to retire when he was in his 30s; they have been butting heads about that for a while. He didn't retire because he felt it was time, he retired because she gave him an ultimatum “me or football” and I’m sure that is not the only reason for the divorce. He unretired because he still has that drive to be the best, the love of the grind, and just playing the game that has been a large part of most of his life.

08-Jan-23
I would have retired after the first 10 million!

08-Jan-23
Coondog, yup

08-Jan-23
Kind of like my marriage. First few days of dating I told her that I hunt and I hunt A LOT. I’ll do anything for anyone between Jan 1st and sept 15 ( ct season). After sept 15 I’m in the woods till Dec 31st. If that’s an issue then we are wasting our time. 15 years later I’m still hunting as hard if not harder and I have kids! I don’t miss their important stuff for hunting obviously. My wife doesn’t say a peep and never complains except for that 1 pesky week a month hahaha. Some of us get lucky.

08-Jan-23
That's awesome! I wonder if he let them know he was coming in or if he just showed up. I would have loved to see the looks on everyone's faces if he rolled in unannounced.

I have loved watching Brady throw the football the past couple decades! I'm not sure anyone can really know what goes on in someone's personal life, but it's not uncommon for people who are the greatest in the world to have huge problems in their personal lives. Jordan was a gambling, drinking, party animal who regularly pursued women who weren't his wife. Jimmy Johnson never attended any of his kid's football games, not a single one. Dan Infalt has admitted to being a bad Dad on many occasions. Being the best at something will undoubtedly create problems in other areas of one's life.

08-Jan-23
I'll say this. We've had this conversation ad nauseam. How bout the here and now. The pats were great through great players and great coaching. The coaching now sux ! The play calling for the offence bites it ! Mac Jones has no , 0 vision down field. And receivers who need a handle on the ball when it gets there. Long live Tom Brady.

08-Jan-23
I bet that is the first time Dan Infalt has been included in the same paragraph as Jimmy Johnson, Tom Brady, and Michael Jordan.

08-Jan-23
Lunker x 2. I have no problem with you Eric. Just a touchy subject for me. Stupid I know. We can agree to disagree. Hope you have a great day.

09-Jan-23
I'd like to point out that in this, the first big controversial thread of the 2023 "off season" on Bowsite, I have not been involved in this debate at all. Sort of proud of my self.

F it.

BB choice to move on from TB was not ideal. He played at an elite level at least the first two years after, which could have been here.

TB could have handled it better. Total suspicion, but it feels like he was likely having familial pressure to make a change and was trying to do something to keep that all in tact. Didnt work for family, it did for football (got more stats, another super bowl, $$$ and at least one more division championship game).

I have big issues with some off the field stuff, but between the numbers, as a fan, wish he was here and the Pats had paid a bit more for players around him. Could have happened.

It was a great marriage for decades, but pro sport is a pressure cooker that's hard to imagine. There are reasons so many of those folks end up with challenges after sport ends. It stinks it ended as it did here, I dont believe it had to, I think both could have handled it better... The band aid was going to come off sooner or later though. Bummer it didnt end with 1 more super bowl here.

And for the love of all things holy, can we please, please, please, get an actual offensive coordinator this off season!

11-Jan-23
Patriots play calling leaves a lot to be desired . But things are different when you're no longer a spectator; but are actually calling the plays in a game. Vastly different but, hopefully , not half vastly, lol.

11-Jan-23

Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Wilgabeast's embedded Photo
Speaking of bow shops . I set up my new back bar last night . And omg does it make a huge difference in pin movement . I am in love with my new stabilizer decision . 8” bee stinger micro hex on a 10 degree offset out front and 6” be stinger off back

11-Jan-23
Wilga - that makes a lot of sense to me. I've often pondered it. Looks awesome!

12-Jan-23
I shoot a back bar all year till hunting season then I take it off. Id does help stabilize but it had it cost me a buck two years ago that was behind my tree I could not get the bow close enough to the tree to get the pin on target fast enough because the bar was in the way. I needed to move one more inch left but the bar hit the tree preventing me getting on target quick enough to get the shot.

12-Jan-23
Arlow, that sounds like a bad dream !

12-Jan-23
Looks like that is likely a quite fragrant room;)

12-Jan-23
Yup I think all that is fine for target shooting but for hunting I haven’t used a stabilizer in years.

12-Jan-23
I’m running a very short back bar it doesn’t even stick past my cam . I’m gonna practice a lot with it from the saddle

12-Jan-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
I have a 12 inch front stab with 1 ounce, but from the bottom position on the Hoyts it’s more like a 15 inch. My back bar is a 6 inch with 5 ounces. Never held so steady on target. Anyone that’s skeptical to shoot with a back bar, I would highly recommend it.

12-Jan-23
Beautiful set up coon

20-Jan-23
And Tiger woods was the most dominant force in golf when he was swimming in hookers and blow.

One of my nurses in the hospital a couple weeks ago was a guy who was a traveling Neuro Nurse (murse) My best freind is a Murse and often has talked about the crazy money travelers are making. He is married so the travel part would be very difficult for him. But the traveling nurse taking care of me was working 13 week contracts, He broke up with his girlfriend before he started travelling and said it was the best decision he ever made. He works 3 12 hour shifts a week and makes 280k a year without the ball and chain.......

20-Jan-23
Damn…

20-Jan-23
Wilga nice jars

20-Jan-23
Arlow. It's mental. I wrote three paragraphs on that topic and deleted them. How the medical world works and is driven by Insurance and shareholders is entirely mental.

20-Jan-23
Didn’t know you owned a dispensary

20-Jan-23
Wow !!! That is a hell of a stash!! I think wilga should host a Mass bowsite party in the spring.

20-Jan-23
Took you all long enough

20-Jan-23
Lmao lunk

20-Jan-23
Should be on the spirits thread

21-Jan-23
Not the best photo but wow didn’t expect this much attention to it . Now I’m the talk of the town

21-Jan-23
Wilga, why all the comments over some parsley ?

21-Jan-23
A friend indeed !!!

21-Jan-23
Lol yea that’s just my spice cabinet in the pantry

21-Jan-23
Hmmmm… never expected all these twist when I started this thread!! Kinda fun, just like hunting, you just never know what will pop out!

• Sitka Gear