DanaC 16-Jan-23
Drunkrussian 16-Jan-23
Will 17-Jan-23
15-Jan-23

Dthfrmabove1's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove1's embedded Photo
New fixed blade on the market

15-Jan-23
Aluminum blades??? Unbreakable? That's a pretty big claim. I'd be interested to see how they perform, given that most Aluminum ferrule head fail on contact with anything hard.

15-Jan-23

15-Jan-23
"Wound channels that won't close" you can't make this stuff up....SMH

15-Jan-23
Its the size of a montec g5. I prefer a wider blade.

15-Jan-23
Where do the blades pop out ?

15-Jan-23
I it’sa fixed not mechanical lunk lol. I can say I’ll never try that head. Aluminum head just sounds bad.

15-Jan-23
According to the broadhead test guy on YouTube, Lusk, some types of aluminum are stronger than stainless steel. I have nothing to back that up except that Lusk seems like a credible dude. From what I've heard LWCG is making top notch products, so I suspect it'll perform well.

15-Jan-23
Huntski I guess I’d have to see what aluminum they are using and go from there…

15-Jan-23
The edge angle will be steeper, it won't take a 'razor' edge but it will 'wedge' flesh aside, tearing and creating a wound less likely to heal (yeah I'm guessing here.)

15-Jan-23
You guys think that broadhead will break on deer? That thing looks way tougher then an aluminum Muzzy I doubt it would have any issues. I would try it.

15-Jan-23
All I know is that native Americans got the job done with sharpened stones. Just sayin :)

15-Jan-23
Big fan of lone wolf stands, this however.... probably not. Seems like a fix to a problem that doesn't exist. Also, MA regs specifically state steel broadhead blades. Be interesting to see a Lusk review on these, I find his broadhead testing to be informative.

16-Jan-23
Crossed paths with the guy (Dequisto?) in the video, he seemed like a sensible fellow. Not sure how much that adds, but I guess it would be a red flag if he had seemed like an idiot.

16-Jan-23
I'm more curious about the price. Is this gonna be another 3-for-a-hundred-bucks head? It will be interesting to see a couple years worth of reports from use on assorted game.

(I'm a 'fiscal conservative' aka 'cheap old fart' so I will not be first in line to buy them...)

16-Jan-23
Never had issues with muzzy heads. They fly great and kill

16-Jan-23
Interesting point as the regs do say steel broadhead I wonder if this would fly?

16-Jan-23
Spike, remarkable pun

16-Jan-23
True spike. However our regs are archaic and we’re probably written to keep people from using a normal rock as a broadhead knowing this state

16-Jan-23
When I see this video I feel job security in sales. I could sell the #%^* out of any lone wolf cg product by focusing on the name and legend first then do some videos of side by side testing against competitors. The wound channels looks like you have the blades but then you have that bulge in the back that spreads tissue. “I’ve seen deer at 40 yards see the glint of a shiny Broadhead.” Seriously? Illegal in MA- no steel. “Blades dull over the season because they get rusty?” What? Give the people what they want- shoot it into a cinder block next to a montec and annihilator.

16-Jan-23
Dana....never had a problem getting any montec heads razor sharp. not sure why the geometry on this would be any different (aside from the fact that they are aluminum and not steel.) the cutting edge angle looks the same, its just that there is a large secondary bevel behind the cutting edge.

16-Jan-23
Marc, I'd have to see them up close - and I have no experience sharpening aluminum. No idea how keen an edge it will take, never mind hold. This whole thing boils down to 'too soon to know for sure'.

16-Jan-23
Looks cool, sounds good but...

I hunt the east coast, under 40 yards. My non flagship bow shoots plenty fast with affordable carbon arrows. My Muzzy and/or Slick Tricks fly true and do the job.

So my first thoughts? I'm hard to impress when it comes to the way I hunt. I appreciate new technology and hope the LWCG fixed blade uses tech and not just a sales pitch.

17-Jan-23
It looks nice. I'm not convinced it will work better than any other head out there. But it does look cool.

• Sitka Gear