Coondog 25-Jan-23
Coondog 30-Jan-23
Blood 15-Feb-23
Coondog 15-Feb-23
15-Jan-23
Who’s planning to shoot tac . Let’s plan a Bowsite shoot for tac

15-Jan-23
Yup. I be there.

I know blood and his son usually go too.

16-Jan-23
It doesn't look like they have the dates set yet, correct? I think it's usually in May if I remember. Tough time of year for me, but if I plan well I can do it. I've wanted to do it for years, but the one year I signed up, 2020, it was canceled.

16-Jan-23
It will most likely be the weekend before they go to PA. May 26-28. However, there was some talk of them not coming back to VT due to the lower amount of shooters and the lack of new shooters for their event up there. The VT event is their smallest event in terms of vendors, no after parties, only 4 courses while most other events have 6-8, and no place to stay on site. We’ll see if they end up coming back this year.

16-Jan-23
Coondog I spoke with them and the dates just arnt confirmed yet…. But supposedly they are coming. At least for this year.

16-Jan-23
Perfect.

16-Jan-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Here we are at the top of the lift.
Blood's embedded Photo
Here we are at the top of the lift.
See who wants to go. We will do two days. It’s a long day on the mountain. 5-6 hours to complete a course. You have to have a slider or know how to pin gap. Shots can be 30-120 yards uphill or downhill depending on the course. It’s a lot of fun and you learn a lot about your equipment. Be prepared for any weather, fog, rain or sun.

17-Jan-23
Is this a 3d or target shoot ?

17-Jan-23
Captain, it's a 3d course.

17-Jan-23
There was one shot last year on the Prime course that was 144 yards at a bison target.

17-Jan-23
What’s it cost to shoot a day

17-Jan-23
Pretty sure it’s $50-$70 a day based upon what nock time you get. Earlier slots are a little more expensive because you have the opportunity to shoot another course after 2:00pm if you choose to.

17-Jan-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Mountain Goat surrounded by a rocky waterfall.
Blood's embedded Photo
Mountain Goat surrounded by a rocky waterfall.
Here’s a pic at shot that was about 70 yards I think. Bring extra arrows - you’ll blow up a few. Lol. The courses have some easier shots and some that are crazy to snake arrows through.

17-Jan-23
I read about the distance, and thought: "Whoa, I'd need to bring like 18 arrows"... then I see your last post Blood! Ha! That's a lot of arrows!

17-Jan-23
Lol. We’ve been very fortunate. Have only blown up 3-4 in two days of shooting. Usually it’s because of something hard (rebar or plastic) in the target or you smash a tree. But there are guys who lose or break a lot more than that in one day.

20-Jan-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
Dates are set. May 26-28 at Pico again.

20-Jan-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
That sasquatch was a fun shot… 109 yards off the top of a hill down into a big open area. Shot with two guys from Canada and they went nuts when I made this shot. You meet some great people at TAC!

20-Jan-23
Damn Memorial Day weekend that sucks. One of my favorite striped bass weekends

21-Jan-23
I’ll be there with Blood and Coondog

21-Jan-23
70yds !!.......OMG

21-Jan-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Watch out for the trees covering the vitals….
Blood's embedded Photo
Watch out for the trees covering the vitals….
BD it gets better. The line of sight looks clear….but you see those over hanging branches…..you have to arc your arrow over or between the limbs. Kneel, sit, squat, tip toe….whatever you have to do to make the shot. Lots of shots are like that or better!! It’s a lot of fun!!

And just to top it off, they’ll put a target behind a couple little trees. Or in front of a rock…..don’t hit a soft spot in the foam :(

Lol. Here’s a 55 yard shot….

21-Jan-23
Cut it pretty close their blood! Lol

21-Jan-23
Blood, it's a real challenge. I had no idea. Back in the 80's I scouted around Killington Mt. and there was good deer sign and a few bear. Never hunted it. It's probably all posted today.

24-Jan-23
Ill be flying solo probably just for the saturday. Would like to link up with a group and shoot. Be my first tac. Looks like a ton of fun.

24-Jan-23
My first TAC as well. Depending what day I do and who’s there I may be solo aswell

25-Jan-23
Once you shoot your first course at your nock time, you can go back up and shoot another one after 2:00pm with whoever you want.

30-Jan-23
I’m doing the mock registration for TAC. They’re trying to go to a new system so you can register a group together for the same nock time instead of having to register individually and hoping you can get the same nock times. It’s going to be just like trying to buy an Idaho elk or deer tag; you’re assigned a number and have to wait in line until it’s your turn.

15-Feb-23
For anyone wanting to go to VT in May for the TAC event, you have to sign up online today at 11am. You will go into a que and when your number is “called”, you will get the chance to sign up. Hope to see some of you there. ->>——->

15-Feb-23
Those nock times sold out FAST. Had to wait in line for 30 mins. No early morning times left by the time I was in.

• Sitka Gear