Jaquomo 19-Jan-23
PECO2 20-Jan-23
Jaquomo 20-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 20-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 20-Jan-23
PopeYoung400 21-Jan-23
Matte 22-Jan-23
19-Jan-23
I just wanted to start a thread as I know many CBA reps are on this platform. I'll ensure my area rep is aware as well.

I hope the CBA is aware of the latest CWC comments about limiting more archery units around the state meanwhile rifle seasons in the those same areas remain status quo.

After listening to the two CWC meetings its clear they are hell bent on restricting archery seasons.

19-Jan-23
While I wasn't testifying on behalf of the CBA, I did testify and object to the Grand Mesa limitations.

Ill call the chairman, I am sure the CBA will do all they can. As you aware, this commission is very ignorant of everything, including the impacts of what they support, and basic hunter application strategy. To compound things, while CPW has publicly stated they wish to retain OTC archery, but that position and testimony on the Grand Mesa was awful.

Bottom line, it is going to take a ton of emails to the PWC to sway this.

19-Jan-23
You guys should be more concerned about what is going on with the wolf meeting right now

19-Jan-23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6uGM5DD5As

19-Jan-23
Steve, you are being generous in regards to referring to them as “ignorant”. Even if they don’t understand the short and long term implications I doubt they give a damn and I think they know exactly what they’re doing in accordance with their agenda.

Good testimony on your part.

19-Jan-23
The wolf stuff is rear view mirror. We all know what's coming. Enjoy it while you can. At least the front range units will be good........."For awhile"

19-Jan-23
"At least the front range units will be good"

Not sure about that. The north park pack in Jackson county is hop skip and jump from Larimer county. I have 300 elk that winter in and around my house west of Loveland. Where will the wolves go? Im guessing where the food is? A few litters of pups, the packs will be exploding onto the front range. We will have wolves in RMNP and then Loveland, I would guess in a decade or so. As glunt has said, it doesn't matter so much where they put them.

Lets see...7th grader now, I'm planning to move in 5 years, if I can figure out how to deal with an aging mother in law.

19-Jan-23
It will be less than a decade before it goes to crap. At the meeting today multiple pro wolf groups are pushing for 750 wolves as that is what their models show for carrying capacity. Also, every single one of them had an issue with CPW's proposal over lethal management and listing the wolf as a game species. They are going to go after that hard. So basically 750 unmanaged wolves will have their run of the state

19-Jan-23
Except 750 will become 1500, just like the GYE mess. They aren't simply going to stop reproducing when that magic number is reached. Of course, the wolfies know that, but I'm not sure the majority of our CWC Commissioners understand that concept.

20-Jan-23
So how many hunters will be dumping their elk points in the next few years, because the wolves are coming?

20-Jan-23
More likely dumping points because of elk hunting going all draw in the near future.

20-Jan-23

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
wolves do travel a lot
wolves do travel a lot

20-Jan-23
From the CBA Facebook, date January19, 2023. "The Colorado Bowhunters Association (CBA) is fully aware of the presentation made at the Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) Commision Board on 1/17/23. During this meeting, the Commission presented the possibility of eliminating over the counter (OTC) Archery tags, for all units and for both residents and non-residents. There have been numerous responses already received from members of the CBA regarding displeasure with the presentation, however, we are asking for your patience until we have an opportunity to discuss our plan of action and make a public statement. This topic will be discussed during our next CBA board meeting on 2/3/23. The opinion of our members is extremely valuable and we will be conducting a survey to collect information prior to making our statement or speaking with CPW. Part of our Missions at the CBA has always been to maintain opportunities for bowhunters state wide. Please watch for more details in the coming weeks, including this important survey."

21-Jan-23
Thanks Paul. It’s not resident archery elk hunters that should lose any hunting opportunities but rather nonresidents. Residents should be able to hunt elk every year if they choose to. Take Arizona OTC deer tags as an example. They have figured out a way to control the flood like it or not.

22-Jan-23
Hey I am good for anyone to hint each year as long as they burn a point.

• Sitka Gear