Coondog 21-Jan-23
Lunker 21-Jan-23
bjstcrusn 21-Jan-23
Big Dog 22-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Jan-23
Coondog 22-Jan-23
Big Dog 22-Jan-23
20-Jan-23
So as you guys may remember my broadhead failure story back from November. After talking with Aron Snyder and an employee at Sevr who spoke directly with the engineers, they have no clue how my arrow did not penetrate that deer. They believe it to be an outlier and oddity. Although I am still a little skeptical to use the broadheads again, their customer service was top tier. They were fast with getting back to me and even sent me two new broadheads and a hat for my troubles.

20-Jan-23
Coon, with your draw weight Magnus Black Hornet with the bleeder blades will kick ass.

20-Jan-23
I used sevr 2.0 for 2 years and will never use again. Even if they were free. Didn't fly good, not a good blood trail and not good Penetration. I personally think it has something to do with the pivoting blades.

20-Jan-23
Ohh and you have to use a tool and grab the blades to collapse the blades after each use.

20-Jan-23
BD, I was also using Iron Will single bevels this year. Had those and the Sevrs in my quiver.

20-Jan-23
I had no problems with them flying and grouping. Once I got past 60 yards I had some slight drop, but that’s expected when shooting any broadhead.

20-Jan-23
Throw em away. Slick tricks fly great for me. Debated trying the iron wills but.. 100$/3 heads…for a whitetail I kill fine with a slick trick… ehh lol

20-Jan-23
Ma-PA I shot two deer with the Iron Wills. I can hands down say it would be tough to find a better head. Yes the price is steep but it is unreal quality blew through two deer same head was still razor sharp after the first deer and after sticking in the ground.

20-Jan-23
My buddy shoots sevrs and while I’d never shoot a mechanical he loves them and pass through all his deer even with a low draw length

20-Jan-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
Doe from October
Coondog's embedded Photo
Doe from October
Puts a pretty good hole in them, I will say that. 12 yards quartering towards. Pass through. Hit one lung, liver, diaphragm, cut esophagus in half, and stomach then buried in the dirt. She made it about 70 yards. So, I didn’t just have that one experience with a Sevr.

21-Jan-23
Why do we fall in love with a broadhead ?

21-Jan-23
Coon I don't recall your story. Are you saying your broad head bounced off a deer???

21-Jan-23
I shot a spike back in November. He was at 5 yards broadside. I hit him right behind the shoulder (no contact with the scapula), would have been double lung. He bounded 20 yards and stopped. I noticed a large flap of skin and hair dangling off of him. I looked down at my arrow and saw my white fletchings and wrap with no blood on them. So, I quickly put another arrow on, this time an Iron Will single bevel, and shot him again. Passed through both lungs. He ran 60 yards and piled up. Upon inspection after I got to him, the Sevr made a big slice on his side but did not penetrate whatsoever. I shoot a 521 grain arrow at 290fps from an 80lb/30in draw, so penetration should never be an issue.

21-Jan-23
Let me figure this. So I assume you were at an elevated position at 5 yrds. Basicly the shot is straight up and down. So the broad head slid down the rib cage ? Is that what happened ?

21-Jan-23
Yes I agree with lunker... No way it could of been a clean hit. Even a judo point would make Penetration at 5 yards and 80lb draw weight.

21-Jan-23
Coon im Not trying to be rude at all. Just doesn't make sense

21-Jan-23
Bjstcrusn, if I can’t make a “clean hit” at five yards I’d give up archery forever… lol

21-Jan-23
I guess I should have said that the arrow was not sticking straight into the ground. Rather, it was in the ground at an angle like it had deflected and bounced off.

21-Jan-23
My sentiment exactly

21-Jan-23
Lol Coon I'm just trying to make sense of it. Sounds like what lunk said. Deflection off a rib.

22-Jan-23
Eventually a mechanical will break your heart at any draw wt. (deflection off bone etc.) . If you work hard to find a good buck and spend time and money doing everything right; then why risk it all on a" flapper" not opening and/or deflecting off a rib on a quartering away chance at the best deer of your life ? Is this the mystery of the obvious ?

22-Jan-23
Big dog I k ow when it started it was the “not knowing” how to tune it etc that made me just got with mechanicals because “they fly like field points”

22-Jan-23
I was never too big of a believer in mechanicals. I saw the technology that Sevr uses and had read and heard many good things about them. So, I decided to give them a try this past season. Had three Iron Wills in my quiver and two Sevrs. The Sevrs were there for any shots past 70 yards and a follow up on a bull. For whitetails, I didn’t care too much about which broadhead I shot them with because my set up should break any and everything in its path, so I’d alternate broadheads every sit. Just so happens that both deer I decided to shoot I had the Sevr on my string. Maybe they’d work better on the 1000 grain arrows I have… lol

22-Jan-23

• Sitka Gear