standswittaknife 25-Jan-23
Bent arrow 25-Jan-23
MtnHillbilly 28-Jan-23
Jaquomo 28-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 28-Jan-23
Jaquomo 28-Jan-23
Bent arrow 30-Jan-23
21-Jan-23
Why is CPW evaluating the big game license distribution processes right now? The Parks and Wildlife Commission (PWC) requested consideration and review of these topics, separate from the Big Game Season Structure process, due to their complexity as well as on-going interest from numerous stakeholders. Members of the Colorado General Assembly showed interest in making changes during the last legislative session as well. In response, CPW is reviewing these issues, policies, and regulations, and preparing possible alternatives to present to the PWC in the fall of 2022. Regulatory changes, if approved by the PWC, could go into effect for the 2023 ( now 2024 possibility) big game seasons depending on the complexity of the proposed modifications.

To read more, go to the CPW website and search for "Big Game License Distribution public process." Read and digest. Paul

21-Jan-23
They are addressing it now because of the overwhelming discourse they have been receiving. There has been too much of an uproar that they can't keep putting off like they have in the past.

22-Jan-23
My advice to those pushing the CWC to act is be careful what you wish for.

23-Jan-23
CPW has evolved into an organization that is much more accessible to the diverse masses. They provide a seat at the table for different cultures just like every othe corporation in America now. It's part of the redistibution of wealth. The funding source comes from one group, and other groups who contribute nothing reap the benefits. Thae anti's have played into it masterfully.

25-Jan-23
Glunt x10....

25-Jan-23
People need to become active in their state processes. Keep hearin this. They will never do that. Well they have and they will. Join the organizations thst stand for what u believe. Watch out for the beast on the other side who sharpen their teeth. They want to control u and ur life.

28-Jan-23
Because most public meetings are during working hours for most of us I reached out and found they have an extensive survey questionnaire. Funny to me because it would not allow me to log in and provide my input. Also while reading thru the questions they don't discuss funding and the big problem we face which will be very expensive tags if they drop OTC archery tags or all unlimited licenses. And never allow a solution to charge the general recreationer who never purchases a license but uses the land. We all know CPW is all about the money and unlimited licenses is their honey pot. Hickenlooper really screwed the pooch on merging CDOW into CPW

28-Jan-23
Wildlife funding is totally separate and transparent in the CPW model. Parks is Parks and Wildlife is Wildlife. The merger was supposed to increase efficiency by eliminating duplicate back office administrative functions. Whether that has happened is fuzzy.

CPW does charge nonconsumptive users who use State land, but they have no authority to charge recreationalists who use National Forest or BLM. They can charge for hunting licenses because the animals are "property" of the State.

But you are right that funding is the elephant in the room. And as we learned from the wolf meetings, a HUGE amount of resources will be needed to deal with the conflicts caused by those damned things. The overall funding model of the "wildlife" part of CPW will need to be totally reworked once wolves take over. I live in the mountains and our DWM and WCO spend an inordinate amount if time now on human-wildlife conflicts with people who moved up here from the city or crapholes like California. Wait until wolves take over.

28-Jan-23
Bent Arrow, It is astonishing to me as I talk with other hunters and fisher here in Colorado, the very few that even engage or have any knowledge of wildlife hunting issues or even the procedures being presented that can have detrimental results on their own activities.

28-Jan-23
In my wife circle of friends who hunt in CO, the only ones I know who have a clue what is going on are on the Bowsite and/or some CBA members who keep up. Otherwise it's like, "That's crazy, I hope they don't do that".

30-Jan-23
Paul@the fort. U r correct. Most don't keep track of issues or care. Hunters spend thousands on hunts and equipment but can't spend $ to support those who fight for their rights. Belong to cba, rmef and others. The antis point at the animal. The hunters look at their finger.

• Sitka Gear