Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
Mhg825 21-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 21-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Jan-23
Lunker 22-Jan-23
Big Dog 22-Jan-23
21-Jan-23
Just looking back at 2022 saw lots of cruising activity second week by our thread . Seems to have moved week later over past few years . Do you think because of warmer trend of weather.in past would be first week of Nov for the rut to amp up as far as scrape or bucks searching but seems mid month now? Sorry still can't unsee wilgas stash!!!! Lol

21-Jan-23
I’m thinking 10-19th for my rutcation. Last year I took first week shotgun but I won’t do that again to hunt around here. It worked out with kids schedules etc. Got a sit in with each of my two youngest and a walk with the oldest. But didn’t see much activity besides guys who can’t hunt and don’t know where they are going.

22-Jan-23
What Uncle Pi means by his first post is, he’s happily retired and will hunt when the times right. When the times really right be will strike and make his kill. Then, it’s sausages and stew till next year.

22-Jan-23
Pi. What do you mean in your last paragraph. Please explain

22-Jan-23
In SE Mass I consistently (I keep notes) see best buck movement from mid Nov through Thanksgiving. I think the "trolling" period (after the predicted rut) to be vastly under rated. The big bucks are really cruising for more "honey" and I always see good deer, this year included. The weather is usually cooler and there are always some unbred does. Lots of leaves are down, tracks become more obvious as do scrapes and deer runs. What's not to like ? I'm on permanent rutcation but many of you as well as some in my family may have to rethink vacation time so you can be nice to your wives well in advance ,LOL Mhg, excellent thread.

• Sitka Gear