Huntskifishcook 26-Jan-23
Deerdawg 26-Jan-23
ARLOW 26-Jan-23
Wilgabeast 26-Jan-23
Jebediah 26-Jan-23
JoeC1988 26-Jan-23
Steveeg 02-Feb-23
23-Jan-23
Having reedys order me some gas strings this week . I think I’m gonna go with the ghost strings

24-Jan-23
Exciting!

24-Jan-23
Enjoy em. New strings are always fun, and that rig of yours is going to be shooting awesome this year with the sidebar, nice new strings etc. Your confidence will be sky high, and it will feel good too.

24-Jan-23
I’m excited for sure . New arrows got me excited too

25-Jan-23
Anyone use gas strings ?

25-Jan-23
Someone must. I got Viscosity a couple of years ago, and they have been great.

25-Jan-23
I’d love to talk to Brian about ordering strings

25-Jan-23
I prefer America’s Best, but I’ve heard good things about Gas.

25-Jan-23
Why do you prefer abb. Reedys deals with gas or zebra and of those two gas is by far better

25-Jan-23
I have had really good experiences with ABB platinum series. Have never had any string stretch or peep rotation. Strings are pretty durable after getting beat up in the elk mountains and walking in and out of the whitetail woods. One thing people have to keep in mind if they get ABB is that they twist their strings the opposite way of most other string manufacturers. So, if you clock your arrows they will spin to the right meaning you will need a right helical or offset on your fletchings.

26-Jan-23
I just bought a new Mathews bow. How are the the new zebra, gas or ABB better than what came with the bow?

26-Jan-23
I would have to say yes gas or abb would be better than the stock strings . How ever I’d definitely shoot the stock strings for a year or two before replacing

26-Jan-23
I never shoot stock strings. As soon as I get a bow, the first thing I do is swap out for customs. Stock strings are just mass produced and often times are not up to par with quality. I will keep the stock string and cables as back ups in the case that anything happens where I’m in a pinch and need to replace quickly. Have heard a lot of bad things about Zebra strings…

26-Jan-23
Me too coon dog . Haven’t really heard anything good about them

26-Jan-23
Don’t shoot zebras. My brother put em on his bear and within 6 months of shooting 1-3 times a week, 1-2 in back yard and 1 3D a week they were destroyed. Coming unserved and everything. Peep was twisting like a bastard whole 9. He called and complained the offered to send new string he told em to shove em and ordered ABB string instead

26-Jan-23
Last year had vapor trail strings put on and really like them.

26-Jan-23
I also had big issues with zebra's a few years back. I had to twist the peep back into position after every single shot. I tried a few solutions to fix the problem, and nothing worked. I'm not sure what strings came on the Mathew's I'm currently shooting, stock strings I think, but they are the first I've ever used where the peep stays perfectly in place.

26-Jan-23
Typically, Mathews come with Zebra strings. I think they’ve come stock on them for the past six years or so.

26-Jan-23
That's good info to know, coondog. Not sure what the issue was with the previous strings on my old bow, but these are hands down better that zebra's I used in years past.

26-Jan-23
I guess i don't really see the difference, peep twist has not yet been an issue so next time around ill have to try a custom string. Thanks for the feedbasck

26-Jan-23
I use viscosity strings. I have had gas strings in the past. Both are great Brian Visco of viscosity actually developed Gas strings with the guy who owns the company now.

26-Jan-23
All the research I’ve done show the gas ghost xv strings are top notch strings . I think I’ll stick with that choice

26-Jan-23
If I can’t use Viscosity strings, I throw rocks.

26-Jan-23
I had new Gas strings put on before last season. Before that I had Zebra strings. I'm no Mona Losa Vito when it comes to these things so I couldn't tell the difference.

02-Feb-23
Both great local guys. Griggs is the coolest best archer out there. In my opinion. Both pro Hoyt shooters in the day. We shot leagues together at Hoops archery in Clinton. Opened the Hoyt brochure and theses 2 guys are in it. At the time I was shooting a Hoyt game master recurve and Griggs helped me big time. I asked him to make me a string and he was buds with Tim Strickland the designer of the Hoyt Gamemaster he shows up the next week with my new string. Takes no money and puts it on , shows me how many twist to get the Till right and off I go. First 5 arrows that night where in the X ring, bare bow. With my buds watching it was super cool. It was downhill right after that but I had my moment. They started in a little shop in Acton/ Littleton. I got a chance to check it out and it was pretty cool. They basically pre stretch the strings to avoid the new string peep twist. I wouldn’t use anything but a Viscosity or a GAS string.

• Sitka Gear