Deerdawg 26-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Jan-23
Big Dog 26-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Jan-23
Deerdawg 27-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 27-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 27-Jan-23
24-Jan-23
What's the hunter population like up in Ashburnham? Is it trucks every 10 yds or what? Just looking around for some new spots.

24-Jan-23
MAPA would be the guy who has the best handle on this I think... He should chime in soon.

24-Jan-23
Thanks Will. I'm used to fighting with Anti-s, not other hunters. I know no place is clear but some areas are far busier than others. I don't want to make things worse.

24-Jan-23
:O …… new hunters making their way west…. Kris feel free to PM me any questions you have. I’ll help the best I can!

24-Jan-23
I would think that area has a low deer density.have you looked into mdc land around 190 ? Thousands of acres open to hunting, and have done lots of logging to improve habitat

24-Jan-23

Arrownoob's embedded Photo
Arrownoob's embedded Photo
There too many different habitats: swamp, woods, farm fields, marsh, rivers. The deer would be too confused! Also, these islands in swamps are too hard to hunt! The deer can just wait right the road in that oxbow, protected by a river and have all that cover. I wouldn’t hunt it.

24-Jan-23
Idk what I would do without All the different habitats I hunt and scout…..probably quit honestly. Swing set sittin ain’t for me lol. Kidding, but I can stand being “blocked in” I need space. Lots and lots of space.

25-Jan-23
I hunt all that 190 area stuff... I think Sosso may too. Pretty open woods during archery, but once the orange comes out, duck and cover!

25-Jan-23
Actually Will I don't. I hunt certain parts of Sterling, which I have come to believe is the GET OFF MY PROPERTY capital of the world, which has left me leery of hunting anything along 190. - I usually hunt Hopkinton, and Bellingham for the most part, but after moving to Clinton, I'm pushing a little east. So I'll take a look along 190, and if you see a large bald headed man parking a Crosstrek next year (it's an amazing camo car for the Anti-s...."Just me in my Crosstrek going for a hike!! I love nature and PETA!!) come say hi and I'll probably move along, don't want to step on your toes.

25-Jan-23
Sosso, I hunt all over that area, just following sign. Soooo If I see you, Ill wave, tell you a good tree to climb, and wish you luck.

25-Jan-23
I hunt a fair amount in ashburnham and run into some guys during archery but not a ton. But I agree once the orange nation gets started it gets busy.

25-Jan-23
Sosso I didn’t forget about you. I gotta dig thru my onx points

26-Jan-23
I would guess that Winchendon would be hunted descent from the locals with Birch hill Dam area , proximity to NH. Its been a sleepy depressed small town for years but has recently seen lot of turnover with attractive home values.

26-Jan-23
Winchendon/Royalston get hammered by NH guys who don’t give a F where you are or what you’re doing when they show up. Use to hunt a few spots with a guy I do work for and I’ve sense let him and his boy hunt the areas. Not worth wasting my days in there with 25 guys banging around. Not every where but at the good spots he had there no longer good

26-Jan-23
On top of hunter density is the worry about dense hunters.

26-Jan-23
A lot of dense ones out there for sure.

27-Jan-23
Warning Very Dense Area. Winchendon was Neckville and Royalston was Hickabillie.

27-Jan-23
Unfortunately there’s dense ones everywhere

27-Jan-23
Unfortunately there’s dense ones everywhere

• Sitka Gear