jdbbowhunter 13-May-23
Shawlerbrook 13-May-23
jdbbowhunter 13-May-23
Teeton 14-May-23
Lawdwaz 07-Jan-24
Shawlerbrook 08-Jan-24
Silverback 15-Jan-24
25-Jan-23
While watching 7 young hen Turkeys at my birdfeeder this morning, saw a nice size Fisher trotting up the hill... never seen one in the wild, man that was cool... 9h Holland NY. Anyone else see them?

25-Jan-23
They are all over where I hunt in 4H, see them all the time, Saw one take a squirrel out of a pine tree last year, I think they are tough on the turkeys.

25-Jan-23
See them a couple times a year. Pretty cool animal. More around than you'd think. Wouldn.t doubt they get a few fawns also.

25-Jan-23
If you've ever heard them when trying to mate, you will NEVER forget that sound!!!! A cross between a big cat growl and nails on a chalkboard going through Spinal Tap's amps set to 11.

25-Jan-23
Must have been a male 3ft. body, 1 1/2ft. tail, doing the hoping thing in the snow like an otter. Seems like he came from the Turkey's roosting area in the Hemlock. Will Fishers kill grown birds?

26-Jan-23
If they get a hold of them.

26-Jan-23
We see them fairly commonly here in the NE corner of Chenango County.

29-Jan-23
I have night pics of one at two different times in November here in 8S, Never saw one here in 27 years, 10 years running cameras.

29-Jan-23

Squash's embedded Photo
Squash's embedded Photo

30-Jan-23
Nice Squash! Love that pic... saw that Fisher headed for my local fox den. Will they kill a fox?

30-Jan-23

30-Jan-23
It was a large Fisher and the fox may be getting ready for a baby room soon... I am going to set up a camera near by.

09-Feb-23
See them around Rushford regularly. Saw a YouTube video of one catching a gray squirrel In The Tree. Incredibly fast animals!

25-Mar-23
I pulled my cameras at the end of January. Last week, I walked the property looking for sheds, and when I passed the site where I got the Fisher pic, lo and behold, there was the carcass of a Fisher badly decomposed. Can't imagine what killed it, it appeared intact though very dead.

12-May-23
I have been seeing the Fishercat quite regularly lately... mowing yesterday I saw him down in my woods, I whistled and he turns and looks at me for about 2 minutes then just walks off... critters on my property must feel secure... from me at least. Right now I have 3 raccoons laying on my lawn waiting for me to fill the birdfeeder, they hear my truck when I get home and come up and lay! lol

13-May-23
Why do people call them fisher cats?

13-May-23
Probably came from the cat like sounds they make. Sounds like a Tomcat in heat.

13-May-23
Just wondered , because they're in weasel family.

14-May-23
Here in Pa, we call them a bear cat. I was thinking we call them a bear cat because the face looks like a bear cub's face, and it's caws look like and work like a cats.

07-Jan-24
Have had them on my trail cams many times in 8N and seen them the last three years in person once a year. Outstanding critters.

08-Jan-24
Very commonly seen here in NE Chenango County.

15-Jan-24
I saw my first one this year in 8T

• Sitka Gear