Wilgabeast 26-Jan-23
Arrownoob 26-Jan-23
bigwoodsbucks22 26-Jan-23
BAT 26-Jan-23
Rut-N-Strut 26-Jan-23
Deerdawg 27-Jan-23
Big Dog 27-Jan-23
26-Jan-23
I'm at the point my 12ga. Rem. 1100 is feeling heavy and unwieldy in the tree. So I'm going to pick up a 20ga Mossberg Super Bantam Slugster and put a light 1-4 scope it. The rig should come in at about 6.5 lbs. I would appreciate anyone's comments/ experience with this type of setup. I 'm not worried about the short LOP; that can be remedied.

26-Jan-23
I think it’s a kick ass move! My brother loves his little slug gun. He had a youth 500 with slug barrel and 1-4 scope on it. I love carrying it to walk around

26-Jan-23
I'm not a gun expert like many guys on here, but I have to admit, more and more people are going with 20s. Lighter, and with modern guns and modern ammo, they work! Seems like a good move.

26-Jan-23
No experience with the 20ga. but it should be more accurate. Good things Big Dog! Good things!

26-Jan-23
I retired my old trusty heavy 1100 this year... i went with the Savage 220...but regardless, I am very glad I did it... much more enjoyable for sure! Tack driver and light! Makes for a much more enjoyable hunt.

26-Jan-23
My dad shoots a moss berg 500 youth model in 20 gauge . My favorite deer shotgun I’ve ever held

26-Jan-23
Don’t rule out a patriot by woodman. Shoots like a dream. Lightweight. Meant to carry. The scope does add weight though.

26-Jan-23
I just got a savage 220. Havent even shot it yet, finally found ammo for it this week. Cant believe how light the gun and the shells are. Going to be a very light set up, I'm excited. Everyone I talked to said to go 20 gauge over 12 gauge for a slug gun.

26-Jan-23
Love my 20 GA TC Encore, it kills every deer it hits, probably because it’s so accurate. And love to carry 6.5 lbs! Thinking about trading in my 12 ga 870, great gun, heavy to carry….

26-Jan-23
Not saying Mossberg doesn’t make a nice shotgun but from personal experience and others I’ve talked to they kick like a mule. I will say I’ve never shot a 500 but I have shot a 535 and 835 and would probably pass on both. If you’re willing to pay the big money I would say you can’t go wrong with the binelli m2. Otherwise, do your research, try out a few if you can and don’t hesitate to try some off the wall brands. For years I hunted squirrels with an over and under .22 over 20ga that was a hand me down. I think it was a gun ordered from a catalog way back in the day. I loved that damn gun.

27-Jan-23
With an expired LTC and sick of carrying the Benelli M1 i started using my traditions 50 cal for Shot gun and black powder. Gun is super light, quick to load and accurate. Got the LTC all set took out the M1 this year it did not get lighter. Time to go Sav 220

27-Jan-23
DD, Like their owners, guns gain weight with time. LOL. Years ago I bought a Rem. model 7, Youth model in .243 Win. That gun was short , light and flattened every deer . Gave it to my grandson who is a good sized young man and he enjoys using it every year .

• Sitka Gear