DanaC 20-Feb-23
Will 20-Feb-23
peterk1234 20-Feb-23
peterk1234 20-Feb-23
DanaC 21-Feb-23
Big Dog 21-Feb-23
Arrownoob 21-Feb-23
29-Jan-23
I am struggling to find CCI 209M or Federal 209A primers, as suggested on here. If anyone is feeling charitable and knows where these can be found, please let me know. I did find a number of weird vendors that claim to have the CCI ones, but for various reasons they seem very sketchy to me. Thanks very much.

30-Jan-23
Bass Pro in Foxborough didn't have 'em a couple of weeks ago. I'd love to know the real reason .

30-Jan-23
They don’t want us to have em. Boom. I said it. Nice knowin you all.

30-Jan-23
Factories are still pounding out loaded ammo as fast as possible. 'Extra' components for reloaders are still scarce. They don't sell those until they've got plenty for their manufacturing needs. Plus there might still be shortages of trays and boxes for shipping them. (Anybody who thinks that 'supply chain' issues are over ...)

Last time I visited Cabela's Hudson they were still limiting us to one pound of powder.

30-Jan-23
Midway has them but after shipping and hazardous fee they are 56.00 a pack

30-Jan-23
bjst, expensive but at least you can hunt.

30-Jan-23
Talk to your local gun shop, see if they have a waiting list you can get on.

To save shipping charges, get 3 or four friends to go in on a bunch and split costs.

30-Jan-23
Gunbroker has primers for sale.

30-Jan-23
Big. just letting him know what was involved

30-Jan-23
Jerry's Bait and Tackle in Milford.

30-Jan-23
Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

30-Jan-23

Ungie01201's embedded Photo
Ungie01201's embedded Photo
I have an extra pack of these if anybody’s interested. I don’t necessarily need them. I have had pretty good luck with them. No misfires or anything else.

30-Jan-23
DC, this has gone on way too long. Something is up.

31-Jan-23
I've spoken to a few gun dealers, Cabela's, and Bass Pro. Nearest I can tell small arms ammunition deliveries are down 80-85%. This factors in the frequency and quantity of those deliveries. Meanwhile, any manufacturer out there is running flat out, just ask them. Now we know this ammunition isn't going to local law enforcement, but deliveries to alphabet Federal agencies have been hush hush. Now I remember when DHS ordered like 13 Billion rounds of ammunition, it took years to accommodate and had a similar effect of what we're seeing now. I'm convinced that all of these munitions are going to federal agencies in mass. I don't believe it's to "Get ready to take over" I believe that the USG has found a work around with gun rights and ammunition companies are playing along. The manufacturers are yelling "Our trucks are loaded and leaving our factories in greater numbers than ever before." But their customers (dealers, stores, etc.) are still seeing a massive reduction in delivered product. This means the trucks are either being hijacked Mad Max style, or they're going to Federal Agencies. It's one or the other.

31-Jan-23
You know, about 40 years ago as a boy I remember somebody commenting that there was no right to “keep and bear bullets.” So, while stopping short of suggesting that’s at play right now, the idea has been around for decades.

31-Jan-23
This has a distinct odor. It's shit happening at the distribution level. Sosso said it better; I ain't got the words.

31-Jan-23
Unfortunately hoarding begets hoarding. When you see what you like pounce on it. When you need something be prepared to pay for it.

01-Feb-23
Distribution can be screwy. My local Walmarts had plenty of '350 Legend' ammo. Who, in New England, in Massachusetts, uses this stuff? Nobody I know! Send this crap to Iowa and send us some slugs!

That said, I still hold that primers will be sparse for a while yet due to manufacturing priorities. No need to toss Occam's Razor and posit conspiracy horse apples.

01-Feb-23
DC, conspiracy ??? OMG, what would make anyone think the unthinkable.....LOL.

01-Feb-23
It's not 'un' thinkable, it's just 'poor' thinking. Then again, maybe our schools are part of a deliberate plot to destroy our ability for critical thinking! That's it! The lizards and Templars are working to make us easy to conquer!

;-) ;-) ;-)

01-Feb-23
Funny you mention that. US schools over the last 20 years have been engaged in curriculum that mirrors the Chinese programs in terms wrote memory exercise. The Chinese programs highly focus on wrote memory and not at all on critical thinking. This has been catastrophic for the Chinese as those children have moved into adulthood have proven to be far less skilled (regardless of position) than their counterparts across the globe. Their biggest competitor being the Mexican labor market which is more skilled and more productive. So, bringing us to the latter part of the Millennial Generation and GenZ, in my experience and broad-brush painting, they typically need to be led by the nose, have no critical thinking skills and very little initiative. So, it may not be lizard people, but the crap education we are giving kids in public schools has already had a measurable effect on our economy and industries.

01-Feb-23
The Chinese want factory workers and factory jobs. I get a laugh out of people who want to 'bring back manufacturing jobs'. Back when I was a kid it was 'go to college or you'll wind up working in a factory!' Now it's the dream? Yeah, we have been dumbed down.

Too bad we can't get primers from China and India!

01-Feb-23
The Chinese are team players and can excel at one given task. Get a hundred experts in different fields and control them with a dictator and stuff happens fast. Here in the USA you have 100 bosses who want to be professional athletes and YouTube stars and they don’t take orders from anyone.

01-Feb-23
Scrapes and rubs, gentlemen. Scrapes and rubs.

01-Feb-23
Sosso, you're right on the money as usual. I don't care what a kid's major is in college, If he/she can think critically then they can be proficient at almost any job. And they will invariably be "quick studies" in the learning phase of that position.

01-Feb-23
Not to derail this political site with hunting related info, but, Kris did I ever send you those onX points??

01-Feb-23
You did! We even chatted about them, thank you! I'm looking to head out there and take a look at things next weekend. Not this weekend though, cuz burrrr.

01-Feb-23
Ok I thought so but couldn’t remember. Works been so crazy everything’s a blur

06-Feb-23
"The Chinese want factory workers and factory jobs. I get a laugh out of people who want to 'bring back manufacturing jobs'. Back when I was a kid it was 'go to college or you'll wind up working in a factory!' Now it's the dream? Yeah, we have been dumbed down. Too bad we can't get primers from China and India!"

There is so much wrong with that scary simplified thought process I do not even know where to start.

Manufacturing jobs are the heart and soul of the middle class.

college was never meant to be for everyone.

There are not enough white collar jobs if every single kid gets a degree. There are not enough jobs for 65% of them.

Good paying skilled manufacturing jobs are needed for those that do not go to college and for a healthy economy. Buying so much shit from overseas has gotten us in to the crazy mess we are in right now. Depending on other countries for crucial supplies is a disaster waiting to happen. As we have seen in the last couple years.

Trump is gone, be happy with the total disaster you voted into office.........

06-Feb-23
You know who’s been a very good advocate for this (and I agree)—the “Dirty Jobs” TV show guy. He has testified before congress on this multiple times, and makes some excellent points. As a child I had a book called “What Do People Do All Day?” It emphasized the need for people with a thousand different skills. I think maybe that’s where the phrase “the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker” came from. If everyone is an accountant, or a doctor, or whatever, we’re in trouble. Even more so if everyone is an “app developer,” or a “content creator,” whatever the hell that is. Manufacturing? Yes sir. Skilled labor? Two thumbs up. I think I read that if we were somehow required to construct the Hoover Dam today, we would have trouble because of a collective loss of skills and knowledge. That’s pretty scary.

06-Feb-23
Keep this in mind, last year at my continuing education the average age for a Plumber and Gas Fitter in Massachusetts was 61 years old….I can’t hire guys because no one’s out there to work. And gone are the tradesmen who work Saturdays and are willing to be on call. Virtually non existent

06-Feb-23
Did you mean a thousand people with a thousand skills or did you mean one person should have a thousand skills? Also- rub a dub is an old nursery rhyme I don’t see the connection. It was about some 3 dudes rubbing each other in a tub while out sea. You Know, family values.

06-Feb-23
" Manufacturing jobs are the heart and soul of the middle class. "

Rob, that was maybe true fifty years ago. Not today. Nowadays it's either skilled trades or 'middle management'. Anyway most manufacturing is done by robots now.

18-Feb-23
Some boxes of 209t7 at Hudson cabelas. 16.99.

19-Feb-23
The thought occurred to me yesterday: was there ever a time where 20 expectant mothers were shopping at cabelas and 4 more arrived and had to park very far away and complained? 24 spots seems excessive.

19-Feb-23
Hahahahaha noob

20-Feb-23

DanaC's Link
Here’s What the Ammo Shortage Revealed About the Industry

Between erratic availability of components, wildly swinging prices, and limited production capacity, the ammunition industry is scrambling to serve shooters

"Every interview for this story revealed that primers are the main bottleneck to increased ammunition production. The executive of one ammo brand even asked me if I could help broker primer sales from other sources for this story.

Some of this particular shortage is due to the specific—and changing—technology of primers, but the long and short of it is that primers are specialized high-explosive components that are produced by only a handful of companies, both in the U.S. and overseas.

“If we could solve the primer shortage, we could solve the ammunition shortage,” says Kevin Kilpatrick of Black Hills Shooter Supply, one of the nation’s biggest reloading component distributors. But given regulatory headwinds in the U.S., “trying to site a primer manufacturing facility is like trying to put a high-security prison next to an elementary school.”

That might be so, but Fiocchi, the Italian ammunition manufacturer, announced in November that it is building a $41 million primer manufacturing facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. The press release announcing the plant’s establishment noted that there are only five other primer manufacturing operations in the U.S. At least one other large manufacturer is looking at establishing a primer production operation in order to satisfy demand, but a principal for the company noted that groundbreaking for the new facility is at least a year away."

20-Feb-23
Well, eventually is better than never. That's cool to hear Dana.

20-Feb-23
I believe there was another facility in Texas that was supposed to be constructed as well. Can't recall who was finding that one.

20-Feb-23

peterk1234's Link
Found it

21-Feb-23
It will be interesting to see Fiocci primers become available. I know avid bird hunters who swear by their shot shells. Not sure if their long term plans include making those here in the US.

21-Feb-23
Probably all gone to the Ukraine to help preserve their borders.

21-Feb-23
They had 209t7 at cabelas. I bet they work fine- 17 a box.

• Sitka Gear