ILbowhntr 20-Apr-23
Highlife 21-Apr-23
Zim 26-Apr-23
Zim 16-May-23
Hot Hap 16-May-23
Flyingarcher 23-May-23
ILbowhntr 02-Jun-23
08-Feb-23
Well the 22 season is in the books. Some good and some bad but it's just nice being in the woods. As I pulled my stands and figure if I should adjust my stand for a better setup. It seems like the deer always has the upper hand. I started scouting different spots and watching for sheds and none so far also the ticks have not come out in full force yet.

10-Feb-23
My '22 season went without filling a tag, but not for lack of trying or lack of deer. I need to reposition a couple of stands sometime before fall. I gave up looking for sheds years ago, don't have the knack for it.

12-Feb-23
Got the turkey tag I wanted, now time to scout. Wyoming and New Mexico elk apps are done, now time to wait. Will be putting in for Colorado elk, waiting on that. Waiting to see how the new job goes before thinking about spring bear.

All I seem to be doing is waiting.

12-Feb-23

Zim's embedded Photo
Just don’t get it in this modern age of gps devices.
Zim's embedded Photo
Just don’t get it in this modern age of gps devices.
Zim's embedded Photo
Must be a lumberjack
Zim's embedded Photo
Must be a lumberjack
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
No shortage of ladder stands left up a month or even years after the required removal date. I really wish all state lands required daily removal. Just leads to fights with morons who stake claims.
Zim's embedded Photo
No shortage of ladder stands left up a month or even years after the required removal date. I really wish all state lands required daily removal. Just leads to fights with morons who stake claims.
Out scouting some new public right now. Two miles back in, but as usual, too accessible. If I don’t use my boat, it’s always like this.

01-Mar-23
Colorado done.

02-Mar-23

RED BEARD's embedded Photo
RED BEARD's embedded Photo
I pulled my last camera and got a pic of a nice coyote. I hope I transfer the pic right. I did some trimming and it looks pretty good for this yr. I'm up by Joliet and a very few trees are budding.

05-Mar-23
I should draw Wyoming general elk with 5.33 points. Got a good plan there. After scouting 4 deer properties in IL last month, I'll return for two more trips. Except all the remaining properties will be boat access only. I'm done scouting anything unless it's an island, or 3 miles from the closest parking lot, lol.

15-Mar-23

Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
I pulled camera cards and took a quick walk last weekend. Found 1 decent 4 point shed after walking for like 5 hours. Had pics of a buck holding both sides still on Saturday morning. My 1 camera had about 5000 pics taken since the beginning of December, and about 3000 of them was a group of 4 coyotes and a group of raccoons that decided to hang out in front of my camera all night from about the middle of January to now. (Camera take 3 pic bursts, so it's not as much as it sounds like)

19-Apr-23
Come on New Mexico, draw dang it!

19-Apr-23
Struck out in New Mexico.

20-Apr-23
Sorry to hear that Jim maybe next year ;). Tennessee, Wisconsin and here for whitetail. Canada for wolf than keeping an open mind for anything else

20-Apr-23
David, Wyoming is a long shot, but never know. Colorado is a solid maybe. Looking into Utah OTC. If nothing else, I’ll go chase bear somewhere.

21-Apr-23
There you go guys always need a plan b,c,d possibly even an e.

26-Apr-23
I’m on the board scoring a New Mexico tag, but all my bow selections failed. This is a 3rd choice muzzleloader deer permit, not a trophy unit but I know it very well. Archery elk hunted it 5 times in the old days when tags could be had. Patiently waiting for WY elk to pair with this. Would be a good combo.

16-May-23
Anyone else draw a Wyoming elk tag this morning? I burned points for a general tag to pair with NM deer tag. Hunts overlap very nicely. Horn growth supposed to be great this year due to the above avg snowfall.

16-May-23
Good luck Zim Hap

23-May-23
Gonna get out in the woods tomorrow and check out my lease in Vermillion. I saw some nice deer last year although I only took home a doe. I am looking forward to bigger things this year.

02-Jun-23
Headed to Colorado for elk this fall. Time to start getting ready.

• Sitka Gear