BlazerZR2 05-Apr-23
pronghorn21 25-Apr-23
pronghorn21 25-Apr-23
SBC 25-Apr-23
Glunt@work 25-Apr-23
21-Mar-23

SBC's embedded Photo
SBC's embedded Photo
Just letting you all know, this bill originally had an exclusion for 18-20 year olds to purchase manually operated and single shot centerfire rifles, and all shotguns and rimfire long guns. This was at the request of the sportsmans caucus. Well, that has been edited out and it apllies to ALL firearms now. It's a danger to hunter recruitment of a complete age class of adults. Please contact you legislators to at a minimum have this reinserted into the bill. I've attached a screenshot of the bill that excluded non-semi auto centerfire to the age increase (now gone), for those who posses a valid hunter ed card.

This would make Colorado the only state in the country without this exemption.

21-Mar-23
So 16-17 year olds who can drive and have a hunter safety card are effectively prohibited from hunting unless an adult "immediate family member" is with them? This makes me sick, but not surprising in this sick state.

21-Mar-23
"immediate family member" Must be 25yrs old or older if the 18-20 yr old is to posses a handgun or semi-auto center fire, So my 22yr old daughter can't take her 20yr old brother shooting anything semi-auto pistol or rifle/sporting arm, that is total BS

21-Mar-23
The destruction of Colorado is hard to watch.

21-Mar-23
can serve in the military, can vote, can marry, can raise a family, can buy a vehicle, BUT can't buy a firearm to protect their family or belongings. Makes a lot of sense, EXCEPT it doesn't.

21-Mar-23
And the californication continues. Waiting for Ziek to tell us how this is Trumps fault or how pro gun and hunting his governor is.

21-Mar-23
"The destruction of Colorado is hard to watch."

The Dems smell blood in the water, and there is no penalty for massive overreach now. This law will certainly stop teenage gangbangers and wannabes in downtown Denver.

21-Mar-23
You guys realize that there could possibly never be Republican governor in Colorado ever again right?

Hell, it could extend to the White House. How do you think all the millions of migrants are going to vote?

21-Mar-23
Son lives in col. Wants me to move there. Said no! Col is the next cal. Lived in col 4 ten yrs. Left when it was a great place to live. The clowns that run ur state R out to ruin it. (Dems)

21-Mar-23
There won't be another Republican governor in Colorado. People just voted on abortion not anything else

21-Mar-23
Going to be difficult to recruit youth hunters for the CPW as well. So much for the younger generation to fill the hunting needs in this state. All my high school friends used to pile in the trucks & head out to shoot rabbits, squirrels, ducks, pheasants, etc. with our Ruger 10-22's and shotguns on the weekends. Built lifelong friendships that way as well. Agree, there will never be another republican governer in this state. Hell, in my lifetime as a voter, Bill Owens was the only one.

21-Mar-23

25-Mar-23
Since 1975, CO has had only 1 Republican Gov. The metro areas of Denver, Co Sprgs, and Pueblo has majority of D voters, enough to sway elections. But that was always tempered with R dominated legislature.

But what has changed is the makeup of our state assembly. A majority of legislative districts were Repub. As more districts become suburbanized and populated, more and more are voting for D representatives, thus giving control of the entire legislative system to D's.

Unfortunately, this is going to be the case for the forseeable future. Remember: once California was a red state.,.... not anymore

26-Mar-23
I feel for you in Colorado. We now have full steam ahead Gretchen Witless policies. (Full majorities)

Abortion till birth. Anti firearm. Teachers unions come first. Not the students. We will now produce the same uneducated/high school and college educated idiots on par with California. Chicago and DC

A race to the bottom. China has 8 year olds studying quantum physics and dynamics. We study gender and race equity.

People are fleeing Michigan at record levels

26-Mar-23
Throughout the year 2022, more people moved out of Michigan than the amount of people who moved in, according to United Van Lines' 2022 National Movers Study. Researchers say 58% of moves in Michigan were outbound, meaning the state lost more residents than it gained in the past year.

26-Mar-23
How come all the D's leave Blue state's for Red states because of how much better Red states are to live in,... then once they get there they try to make red states just like the blue states they left???......

26-Mar-23
I've asked some CA Dem refugees that same question. The answer is always that they want to bring the "good" aspects from where they left.

27-Mar-23
This bill got changed yesterday and seems to not go into possession a whole lot. Anyone want to comment on the 3/26 version? The way I read it a person that possesses a hunting license from 18 to 20 still can't go hunting by themselves but could be wrong

27-Mar-23
What's the definition of possess? It states currently under 18 can't "possess". If so, going hunting can't be possession because currently you can hunt alone at 16 if you buy the regular small game license.

Awful law regardless. The wrong people in charge of countries has proven far more dangerous throughout history than a law abiding 18 year old buying a shotgun. Voting wrong is by far a bigger threat to society. I'm not for raising the voting age but it would be closer to making sense than this bill.

28-Mar-23

SBC's Link
Scroll down to View Recent Bill Text (not the bill summary)

The bill was amended and IT NO LONGER INCLUDES ANY EXCEPTION FOR HUNTING. It has been amended so that there is a blanket prohibition for anyone under 21 from purchasing or possessing a firearm unless they are in the military or a peace officer.

Funny thing is they changed the intentional transfer of a firearm to a minor (under 18) from a felony to a misdemeanor. So whoever provides a gun to a teenage gang member is now only guilty of a misdemeanor. all by D house member Monica Duran. Talk about soft on crime.

28-Mar-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
The bill is BS however it does appear it has been amended to allow someone under 21 to hunt or travel to hunt with a firearm. --- If I am reading it correctly.

28-Mar-23
Negative on that JohnMc. They did not update the bill summary (the first page you see when you call up the bill) to reflect on the amended bill.

As I said in my initial post, CLICK ON THE "MOST RECENT BILL TEXT" this has all the amendments added. The hunting exceptions are all gone.

28-Mar-23

SBC's embedded Photo
SBC's embedded Photo
Here is the actual verbage from the bill

28-Mar-23

SBC's embedded Photo
SBC's embedded Photo
And here are the only exceptions allowed

28-Mar-23
Now that the house has amended it, it has to go back to the senate for concurrence on the amendments.

Everybody better contact their senator or no one under 21 will be allowed to even possess a firearm for hunting, hunter ed courses or any other reason other than military or law enforcement personnell. Even with adult supervision.

THIS BILL IS NOW A BLANKET PROHIBITION FOR ANYONE TO PURCHASE OR POSSESS FIREARMS UNDER 21.

Ask them to put the hunter exceptions back in the bill.

28-Mar-23
A text I just received from someone in the know:

"So the bill basically was changed just to deal with purchase of a firearm. So possession is the same as it always has been and defaults to CPW rules on hunting for youth. We are good on there and youth shooting sports"

28-Mar-23

SBC's embedded Photo
SBC's embedded Photo
That may have been the intent, but unfortunately the text of the bill reads "increases to age 21 to puchase and possess a firearm"

Unless it's an error, WHICH NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED, the bill will be enacted as written.

Maybe you can get your contact to amend the bill if he's in a position to achieve this.

01-Apr-23
The bill is now laid over daily which hopefully turns into permanently

01-Apr-23
That will not happen. Just means that there's other business senate is considering. Usually they take a bunch of concurrence votes on bills on the same day. Just a formality. One can hope this and other gun bills will die peacefully.

05-Apr-23
Looks like this is headed to Polis' desk

25-Apr-23
The Final Act says nothing about possession. So that means and 18-year-old could go up to Wyoming and buy a firearm and then come down to Colorado.

25-Apr-23
All this bill is is a good headline for the democrats. Kids can still go hunting when they are 18 because it says nothing in this bill now about possession and they can still buy firearms and other states and bring them back to Colorado and possess them. This is a watered down seems to serve no point in passing other than it might look good for a day or two in the Denver Post for the Liberals

25-Apr-23
Buying a long gun from an FFL in Wyoming requires they follow the resident state laws.

25-Apr-23
This law serves a point. It's a big chip in their process of chipping everything away until there is nothing left. With every small victory, it just moves the next target one spot higher on their list.

Eventually, they get to stuff that matters to people who either didn't care or who maybe even supported this chip.

• Sitka Gear