Nyati 01-Apr-23
Jimmyjumpup 02-Apr-23
WV Mountaineer 03-Apr-23
koog 04-Apr-23
Jack Whitmrie jr 07-Apr-23
Jimmyjumpup 09-Apr-23
koogie 11-Apr-23
26-Mar-23
This site has so much activity on it anymore I have to check in once every 6-8 weeks just to keep up

27-Mar-23
Lol. Been dead.

28-Mar-23
Last year I purchased a slider sight from Black Gold. I've been working on my technique trying to approve my long distance shooting. It's taking time but I have managed to increase my accuracy at 40, 50 and 60. I'm shooting to get a decent group at 70, but I'm a little insecure still at 60. I also went to a thumb trigger. Never realized how much pressure on the d-loop at different heights can change where you're arrow lands, never thought of it before. Now there's a topic anyone can chime into. Any words of wisdom from my bow hunting sages?

28-Mar-23
Get em close. They are easier to hit

28-Mar-23
Once u get comfortable at 60-70 yds the 20-30 yd shots are easy

28-Mar-23
Once u get comfortable at 60-70 yds the 20-30 yd shots are easy

28-Mar-23
That is true.

29-Mar-23
Sometimes with the recurve I find that the 15 to 20 yard shot is easier than the 5 to 10 yard shot! LOL

29-Mar-23
True, I improved my 40 and 50 to the point I feel comfortable shooting at a target at those distances. 60, another story, I go out one day and put them in or close to the yellow. Next time, 2 in, 2 close but the next 2 will be 8 inches off. It's not as easy as it looks. I ended up buying a 4x scope but I think it is only good if your pin is dead center, otherwise your view is distorted. I may end up getting a 1 pin sight housing, or getting one with no pin in the housing and drilling a hole dead center of the scope and pulling a fiber optic thru the center. Don't know why I suddenly have gotten affixed to long range archery after all these years. Best I've done is 4 in the 9/10 right, 2 close on the 7 ring, but cannot consistently do it.

01-Apr-23
Nyati - I have said something to director and I think others have as well - sure would be nice for meetings to be streamed again! Thanks!

01-Apr-23
Pm sent. Those decisions are above my pay grade which isn’t too high since I don’t get paid

02-Apr-23
lol

03-Apr-23
koog, I decided to go full bore compound this season. Haven’t done that in a while. I started shouting earnestly about 1 month ago. I was surprised at how inconsistent I had become at 40-50 yards.

In the search to improve that, I bought a 12 “ stabilizer with weight mods to go on the end of carbon stabilizer. It increased my accuracy tremendously.

The bow just hovers on target. I’m guessing my 40 yard group is 3-4” now. Which is good for me since my right cornea is scared drastically compromising my vision.

Give it a try. S&S archery on eBay has the stabilizers for less than $30 shipped. They have the weight exactly right where you need it too. It’s light all the way through to the end. And, it really balances the bow at full draw and steadies it right up.

04-Apr-23
I too added a lower stabilizer to shoot with. I may not hunt with it or I may purchase a shorter stabilizer for hunting season. It did stop the bow from canting left and right. I'm just not sure if I would like it sticking out and bumping every thing. I also got a Black Gold sight which has a slide giving me more range, up to 70 or 80 yards. I lost the bubble level the other day, need to order a new one today. My groups at 60 are starting to tighten up, yesterday a centered 3 out of 5 arrows in the ten ring with two in the 7 ring. If I can consistently do that I'd be satisfied. Usually though, it's 2 in the 9/10 ring 2 in the 7/8 and 1 real shitty one. That shitty one keeps me from feeling confident enough to move on to the 70 yard target.

07-Apr-23
Lets not let this site go unused, lets all post often. Stay in touch!

09-Apr-23
Yea it kind died off. I don't do FB so I kind of miss out. I know lots happens on there now. I use to think I was a place to see what hour HS Girlfriend looks like now.

11-Apr-23
No FB for me either, last thing I need is a computer spying on me being I my career has been writing software on these dang things.

• Sitka Gear